Rate Dr. Sohail Khattak

Dr. Sohail Khattak's Ratings

Dr. Khattak was a great physician and treated my children with the utmost care and kindness. He was punctual and his diagnosis was accurate and for us this was a relief as previously, we were subjected to several misdiagnoses. The staff was excellent and from what I observed the office is efficient. I have read other comments and they have been inaccurate in reviewing Dr. Khattak's service. I have had a much better experience with the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

Dr Khattak and his staff are in the BUSINESS of treating symptoms and not diseases. He insists on medicating children into compliance rather than determining root cause. His immediate go-to diagnosis is ADHD with ODD for every behavioural issue, followed by a prescription for Concerta (ritalin). He refuses to provide full reports and gets very insolent when ashed questions about treatment and diagnosis. He is NOT North American educated, and it shows.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

Doctor Khattak and his staff at the Kids Clinic have been first class. The staff understand parental concerns and have gone above and beyond in providing information and letters as required. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who has a child with autism or adhd.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2013

After all the trouble I went through going from doctor to doctor for my ADHD, I am so glad that I found a professional like Dr. Khattak. He is truly an amazing individual who has incredible amount of knowledge. He took the time to explain my condition in detail and answered all my questions. His staff is courteous, helpful and accommodating. From all the doctors I have met, he is the most caring and compassionate of professionals, who not only helps heal his patients but also extends personal empathy that is rarely seen these days. He has truly changed my life for the better!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][969083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2013

We have been seeing Dr Khattak for over an year and he does not listen to the parents regarding your child and his business has went to his ego and not the general well being of his patients.He just told us yesterday that he couldn't do anything for my son and he is referring him to another dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I have thought a few weeks about how to rate this "doctor". I have decided to stick to the system provided through RateMD. STAFF - very nice and accomodating. They seem pained to have to make excuses for the "doctor". PUNCTUAL - If I was paying based on a ratio of time spent waiting and time spent with the "doctor" I would be owed money. HELPFULNESS - If I wanted my son to be a whacked drug zombie this is the place. I can't believe this person is allowed to practice medicine in Canada. How can a "doctor" spend less than 3 minutes with us, never look at us, and be more interested in his big screen tv than and be helpful. If I had to guess his first thoughts of us were when he looked at his big screen to read whatever he was saying. KNOWLEDGE - I would not know as all he did was recommend some study and prescribe drugs. DO NOT GO TO THIS "DOCTOR"!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Hi I live in Scarborough and my daughter is 4yrs old. Since last year I was noticing that she has very poor attention in doing things which require following of instructions and fullfiling the tasks, impatient, really hyperactive. My neighbour, who is nurse advised about Dr Khattak and truly speaking it worked. Dr Khattak understands disease and its prognosis amazingly in-depth. Dr made me understand about ADHD,medications and their effect. I am really thankful of him and very supporting staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

I saw Dr Khattack to have Aspergers testing done for my teenage son. I thought I was going for a consultation but when I arrived I was asked to pay 650.00 and was told the appointment was all afternoon to do testing (my family Doctor had told me there would be a fee of 650 for the testing). I accomodated as I intended to have the testing done anyway. That was December. It took them until May to deliver our test results in which there was NO REPORT...he simply said why are you here? I replied to get the test results confirming if he had Aspergers. His reply, "He does." When I asked what we could do and what help was there for my son his reply was that there were links on his website. I have asked 3 times since May for a written report and still do not have anything. My suggestion would be to go elsewhere or pay half at time of testing and the remainder when the report is done. I am requesting one final time in writing before I take this matter higher.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2012

I believe that this doctor is a very compassionate person and has excellent and indepth knowledge in his field.He explained in great detail about my nephew's condition and was very helpful in his treatment and rehablitation into normal/ everyday life.Whenever I contacted him by e mail he always got back within 24 hours!As a teacher I realise that it can be very diffiult to respond to redundant questions. Hats off to Dr. Khattak for the patience he shows! Thank you so very much for your professionalism and empathy.God bless you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I happened to visit Dr. Khattak for my son‘s appointment and found him to be one of the amazing doctor with well mannered staff. Dr.Khattak holds a knowledgeable and a wonderful experience who quickly diagnosed my son’s problem. I was struggling financially and could not afford any ADOS testing and Dr.Khattak did the testing free of charge and above all there is no assessment fees for kids. He devotes a reasonable length of time in my opinion,nearly 40 to 45 minutes in feedback appointments and shares detailed oriented assessment results with us. His empathy nature and wonderful clinical experience no doubts leave me with these word that Dr.Khattak is a very compassionate, knowledgeable doctor who truly cares about his patients. Sometime, when we have meds issue he quickly responses through his personal email, which is absolutely great. I am truly impressed with his gentle and kind attitude toward kids. THANK YOU DR.KHATTAK FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO OUR CHILD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][969077].votes_count ]]