Rate Dr. Nwamara Chinwe Dike

Dr. Nwamara Chinwe Dike's Ratings

Dr Dike was prompt for my first appointment. On the 2nd one it was at 9am and I arrived at 10 to 9. She arrived into the building about 945 am. I had asked for a resident to show me xray results and then said I was leaving since the Dr had not arrived. During the xray results Dr Dike arrived, with no apology or even acknowledgment. I also found her to be lacking any kind of good bed side manner, and she is brisk and interrupts. She does not seem to know the specifics of my rare condition (not unusual) but then applies general pain info to it which does not apply in all situations. So I find her of little use and am very disappointed in her overall. In my opinion She is very much a pill pusher too. I asked to see another Dr and was told I had to ask my GP to refer me to a different one. This doesn't make sense as she is at the chronic pain centre. Not happy with her, in fact downright angry. I expected more at this clinic although many of the other staff are wonderful!!

Submitted Oct. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dike looked after me for a brain injury. She was helpful and knowledgeable. She set appointments with occupational therapists and other specialists. The Alberta government took away my drivers license after the brain injury. Dr. Dike wrote a letter to Alberta Transport enabling me to go for a drivers road test immediately. The amount of time to get back my drivers license was shortened by several months. The people at Alberta Transport were real dorks and highly bureaucratic but that is another story.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2007 | flag

Dr. Dike has no bedside manner; she does not give her patients a 'warm, fuzzy' feeling at all. She is cold and clinical. Not sure of she is good at her speciality since I haven't been seeing her long enough to assess that aspect of her. She could smile more, and try approaching her patients with more warmth.......since her speciality is chronic pain, most of her patients have visited many many docs by the time they see her, and the patients are likely in need of some TLC from the medical profession by that point.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2007 | flag