Dr. Christina E. Sebestyen

Grad. Year: 1999

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Christina E. Sebestyen has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Christina" to "Christina E."
RID: 2678591

13/06/13 1 1 2 2 Beware of OB/GYN North and their lack of one-on-one care. They do not put the safety of the baby first with their mother-empowerment motto. I was not treated with courtesy and respect. I was not listened to carefully. I did not have things explained to me in a way that I could understand. I did not feel comfortable asking all the questions that I wanted. I received very little attention because they had too many clients. There was a popularity contest among expectant mothers.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 934272
11/07/09 4 4 5 5 I knew I found the right doctor when I saw in the waiting room fathers and children waiting to see the doctor with the mother. Dr. Sebestyen's approach to natural child birth is awesome. She is an advocate, but will use medical intervention when necessary. This is from someone who had gestational diabetes. The practice takes a hands off approach, so I was allowed to control my GD with freedom and not micromanagement. My son was born healthy with no complications. If you want to be "babied" while pregnant this is not the practice for you. If you want a practice that takes a hands off approach because they look at child birth as a natural process, then this is the doctor you want to see.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 661023
09/08/08 4 4 5 5 I am very grateful I found Dr. Sebestyen. She is very informative and listens to each and every concern I have. I have had trouble finding a good Gyno to go to because I could never get any answers about my health problems and no one would do any proper examinations or tests on me, but she knew exactly what to look for during my examination. I think I'll stay with her because she's knowledgable and caring.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 627360
27/06/08 4 4 5 5 As a birth doula I can say Dr. Sebestyen is among the best OB/GYN's I've worked with. She acknowledges (non-complicated) labor and birth as a natural process instead of a medical event which needs to be micro-managed. That philosophy translates to the women in her care by instilling trust in the woman's body and abilities. She is a true birth advocate.  Respond
RID: 614649
16/06/08 4 5 5 5 Dr Sebestyen was VERY supportive of natural birth, which was very important to me. She delivered my son in North Austin Med Center, and the nurses and my doula could not believe how attentive she was. She stayed for about 3 hours of my labor and was genuinely concerned with making sure i had a natural birth. I cannot recommend Dr Sebestyen enough!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 415975
21/09/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sebestyen is extremely personable and informative. I am a new patient of hers seeing her for a complicated interrelated endocrine/reproductive problem. She is genuinely interested in my situation, and is working together with me and my other doctors. She called me at home to discuss test results. I highly recommend her!
Insurance: Aetna