Rate Dr. Matthew F. Conigliari

Dr. Matthew F. Conigliari's Ratings

Definitely a quirky weird guy. Will dictate in front of you during the exam several times. But he's very knowledgable and found very serious conditions that were not neurological. He knows a lot about Lyme disease and helped me quite a bit. He even found a rare cancer in my bone marrow. Office staff is terribly rude. But will tolerate them to see a dr whom knows his stuff. Will call you personally with test results rather quickly.

Submitted June 2, 2014 | flag

I have had MS for about 40 years, and have been the patient of 7 neurologists in that time. Dr. Conigliari is the best. He is a fine clinician, very thorough, and communicated well with me and my internist during a period when they needed to find the cause for my symptoms. I was very impressed with his ability and willingness to share information with me. I trust him. Based on this experience he will be my neurologist from now on.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2013 | flag

I left his office in tears...not because of the medical issue but because I was exposed to such a horrible medical experience. He came across as extremely arrogant, flippant, dismissive, passive aggressive and distracted. When asking questions or speaking to me, he spoke in a snide manner. His unprofessionalism and negative demeanor was astounding!! I would not recommend him on any level to anyone. He not only was rude to me...but to his office staff as well. No wonder they were so unpleasant.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2012 | flag

This man was extremely rude, dismissive and degrading.He clearly had his own agenda to stick to so he spoke over me and didn't allow me to answer the questions asked. He actually answered some questions himself and later reported this inaccurate info to my doc.I asked him to slow down and allow me to answer, he continued to speak over me as if no one else was in the room.It was bizarre.He assumed certain info and came up with some quick diagnosis,that was again inaccurate based on medical reports and offered medication that he had no interest in discussing with me.He was mocking towards my compromised neurological functioning and had no interest in hearing anything I had to say.He then took out a recorder and dictated his letter to my doc while I sat there providing inaccurate info.This man is pompous and arrogant and it was apparent that there was not enough room in his dirty office for me, his huge ego and himself.Someone like this should not be allowed to interact with the public!!!

Submitted Oct. 6, 2010 | flag

This man was clearly in a rush while being dismissive, rude and patronizing.He wanted nothing to do with patient interaction and assumed he knew the situation with limited info, even answering the questions he was asking me.When I asked him to allow me to answer and to slow down his rate of questions,he simply continued to talk as if no one else was in the room or had spoken.It was very bizarre and demeaning and obvious he was sticking to an agenda.He promptly suggested medication with no discussion of diagnosis or reason and became indignant and mocking when questioned.When I told him how I felt about his behavior he was flippant and erogant.He recorded his dictation of a letter to my doctor with me sitting there.Some of the info was inaccurate as it came from his answers, not mine.He had no reaction to my apparent upset, but reacted with surprise when I didnt shake his hand.No wonder insurance is so high.Money was wasted at my emotional and physical expense.He should feel ashamed!!!!

Submitted Oct. 5, 2010 | flag

My father was seen by Dr.Conigliari two days after being at Morristown Memorial for visual disturbances and confusion. He fit him in on a very busy day, did an EEG when his office was booked, called me at 8 am to tell me he needed an MRI, his office arranged the MRI for me immediately( and they are fabulous!), and before we even got home from having the MRI..Dr. Conigliari called on the cell to tell us my dad had a significant stroke. I can't even say enough good things about him...but, great, great, great!! This is a man who followed his calling.....and my family was the lucky recipient of his grace.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2010 | flag

Phenomenal Doctor...Dr. Conigliari was on call when I went to Morristown Memorial ER...through diligent follow-up, he was able to determine my seriously debilitating problems were related to rare tick-born co-infection of erlichiosis and babesiosis, though negative for Lyme's. Cured me 100% and I am forever grateful.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Conigliari's for almost 8 yrs. now. I had a stroke in October 2001 and was brought to Morristown Memorial Hospital ER. The ER doctor did not even yet call for a neuro consult when Dr. Conigliari happened to be in the ER for another patient. He diagnosed my stoke instantly (not easy since it's not common for 38 yr. old's to stoke). With his expertise I was able to recover almost 100%. Some call it fate that he was in the ER that day. I call him my guardian angel. He has been watching over me since and has always been there when I needed him. I could never Thank Dr. Conigliari or his staff enough for all they do. How fortunate to have such caring people in our lives.

Submitted May 18, 2009 | flag

Dr. Conigliari and his office run in unisom. He has wonderful bedside manners. He schedules enough time to sit down with you and answer all of your questions. He even has a sense of humor! Appointment times have always been +/- 5 minutes from the scheduled appointment time. If ever my appointment time needs to be changed, the doctor himself calls me. I agree with the first "rater" of this doctor, he does call you back quickly and with your results etc. -- even if you don't call looking for them, he calls you with the results. A+ Dr. Conigliari -- keep up the good work!

Submitted May 30, 2008 | flag

Dr. Conigliari is the best about getting back to patients (with test results or answers to questions) I have ever seen. His practice (the whole group, not just him) runs truly on time. He treats all his patients like human beings, not test cases, and really seems to care about them as people. I have seen over 10 doctors for a mysterious group of illnesses and he was the one who helped me the most.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2007 | flag