Dr. E. Michael Thelen

Grad. Year: 1973

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. E. Michael Thelen has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Rheumatologist-related: rheumatic diseases, musculoskeletal problems, scleroderma, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, Raynaud's phenomenon, vasculitis, connective tissue diseases, rheumatic fever
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 1282913
30/10/10 5 4 5 5 This Dr. has a very welcoming front office staff who always help me with my insurance and referral questions. I have been seeing him for over ten years and he has always took time to expain my problems to me and treat. My doctor says that he and many other doctors in the area that refer patients to him also see him as a patient.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 623439
24/06/08 4 3 3 3 While I like him personally, I am disappointed in a doctor who will diagnose fibro, but not treat it (even if I don't think I have it and my general practioner has said he doesn't necessarily agree that I have it). He also does not fill out disability forms for a condition he is treating, causing unneeded stress and another visit to my general practioner to fill out forms for a condition that another doctor is treating. The office staff is generally very friendly. However, there has been turn-over in nurses--some of whom are not familiar with the various medications.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 414183
18/09/07 5 5 5 5 Have seen him twice and have been impressed with his knowledge base.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield