Dr. Monica A. Valenzuela-Gamm

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Monica A. Valenzuela-Gamm has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5172960
11/02/14 1 1 1 3 This office has NO respect for patients or their time! It seems the doctors don’t see the patients, they pass them off to the PA. When I call to schedule my annual exam they tell me the doctor’s first appt is 2 months out, but I could see the PA in 2 weeks. Last year I chose to wait the 2 months to see the doctor. Day before my appointment I got a call explaining she wouldn’t be able to see me, I would have to reschedule. Next available appt in 2 months, but she could work me in in a month or I could see the PA. So I had to take time off work the next month to meet her schedule. When I got there I waited an hour before they told me she wasn’t even there. She apparently was in surgery & was due back “anytime”. After another hour, they said I could continue to wait or see the PA! At this point it was months after my scheduled time & I had already committed hours in this day so after all my waiting I still saw the PA. I gave them another chance this year & it was worse…NEVER AGAIN!
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Monica" to "Monica A."
RID: 2080497
24/04/12 1 3 1 1 Dr Valenzuela did a mess implant for incontinence for me. At first I thought this was wonderful, since I've been having trouble, more and more as time passes, leakage, pain, sore, just miserable. I called to make my annual check-up and told the staff I need to see the doctor because I was having trouble with the mess implant - she ask me to see a NP, I said no; she said it would be June before I could see Dr. Valenzuela - I again, said I was in pain. See said it would be June? She ask if I still had Aetna Insurance, I said No because I turned 65 I now have Medicare and Athem Blue Cross - she said they don't take Medicare patients?? I said, but this is a follow-up on surgery Dr. Valenzuela performed that's causing me pain and not working?? She said we don't take Medicare ---????? She said I would have to find another doctor. Unbelievable?? The End - so I guess now I find another doctor....this is the best example of no responsibility ever seen. I can't help turning 65
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1715430
16/02/12 3 3 1 1 Unfortunately recommended surgery when none was necessary. It was based on a pelvic examination that was not very clear. Instead of asking for a new one. She directly said surgery was required. Went to two other doctors where horrified that surgery was recommended.  Respond
RID: 1696901
26/01/12 3 3 1 1 For some reason i never felt confortable with doctor Gamm. she seemed not to knowledgeable regarding my situation and the await to see her is not worth the wait ..Sorry will not return.
RID: 1572777
27/10/11 4 5 5 5 SHE IS THE BEST!!! Dr. Gamm put me at ease during both of my c-sections, and she is amazingly kind and knowledgeable.
RID: 1562671
17/10/11 3 1 2 3 I think she is rude and thinks she knows everything but doesn't. I changed to a doctor that is competent. Dr. Gamm hasn't been in practice for a long time so if you want an experienced doctor, go to another office.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1486751
14/07/11 5 5 5 5 My wife and I have been going to her for four years now and she has always been helpful and is very smart. she is honest which is the best policy
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1480134

06/07/11 2 1 2 2 I went to see Dr. Gamm based on the positive reviews here. Perhaps she's great with pregnancies, but with people who are suffering from other conditions, beware. This practice is all about getting you in and collecting your copay. And don't even bother going to see the nurse-practitioner here because she doesn't read your chart AT ALL (tried to prescribe me things I'm allergic to, for starters, then recommended treatments that have already been tried and are on my chart). Doc herself is rushed, doesn't provide all the information you need, and can't wait to turn you around so she can collect her next copay. I would not recommend this office and am actively seeking another doc to help me with my issue.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1260056

28/09/10 1 4 1 2 horrible doctor! she was very rude and made rude remarks. She got my due date wrong i was supposed to be induced at 40 weeks and after my duagter was born she had to go into the NICU becuase they thought she was actually 36 weeks! dont go to her!!!  Respond
RID: 1219239
30/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Valenzuela- Gamm is the Best OBGYN Doctor in the Inland Empire! I was not feeling well for the longest time and did not know what was wrong with me.I went to several doctors and they could not help me until I found Dr. Gamm. She is the most caring, knowledgable doctor I have ever met. She took the time to meet with me and answer all my questions and I was Diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian Syndrome and pre diabetes. She helped me through a tough time in my life and between the medication and new eating plan, I have lost some weight, gained a ton of energy, and am so much happier and the fog has lifted.She has given me my life back and what seemed like a death sentenece has turned into a blessing! Thank you Dr. Gamm for giving me my life back!
RID: 1199997
01/07/10 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. Friendly, efficient and knowledgable. Made me feel comfortable and cared for. A great experience overall
RID: 868379
23/04/09 2 2 5 5 Dr. Gamm and Dr. Johnson are both great doctors. They are very knowledgeable and caring. I highly recommend the doctors to anyone. I love them. There is one drawback though and that would be the staff. Most of the staff is very friendly and helpful. Although, if you ever have to get any paperwork completed for disability or anything else good luck in getting it back on time. The girl in charge of completing the paperwork "Monica" is very slow and her response time is horrible. To top it all off she always looks annoyed and is rude when you speak to her and makes many mistakes (you have to review your forms before leaving the office). She completes all paperwork every Wednesday and is ready for pick up by Thursday. So if you take any paperwork in to be completed after Wednesdays you will not get it back until the next Thursday. Therefore delaying your pay or any other benefits that are pending that paperwork. BTW- there is also a $15 charge per paperwork that needs to be completed.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 817785
06/03/09 4 5 5 5 Dr. Gamm is one of the best OB/GYN's I've ever seen. She took the time to explain things I did not understand and made sure all my questions were answered. I felt safe and trusted her judgement when it came time for the surgery. I went in to find out why I had such painful and long periods. Now I feel great. She's AWESOME!
RID: 753324
01/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gamm is a fantastic doctor. It it clear that she really cares about you and your baby. She is also extremely friendly and personable. It's as if your really brilliant best friend just happens to also be your doctor. She is just amazingly helpful and wonderful. And regarding the reviewer who said she is "heavy-handed", I have always found her to be extremely gentle with a wonderful bedside manner. I have a hard time believing that she would be rough or insensitive to anyone.
RID: 715276
03/11/08 5 5 5 5 I actually read these reviews before selecting this office for my second pregnancy because I was not happy with the office I was with when I had my first baby. I am so glad I found this website and went with this office. I cannot say enough about how nice, helpful, and professional Dr. Gamm is. You can tell that she genuinely cares for your and your baby’s well being. She is also committed to provide the best pregnancy experience for you. The staff is great as well, very caring and personal. I highly recommend Dr. Gamm and her office. Reading these reviews was the best decision I made during my second pregnancy. I just wish I knew about them for my first.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 674651
27/08/08 5 5 5 5 I LOVE Dr. Gamm, and Dr. Johnson. Dr. Gamm is very personable and warm. She was the one who found a problem with my pregnancy and sent me in for induction 2 weeks early, likely saving my baby's life. Excellent doctor!  Respond
RID: 496252
28/01/08 5 5 5 5 love love love love love this doctor. She saved my life after another doctor at a different hospital performed a bad c-section on me, left placenta inside, and caused me to nearly hemmorhage to death. She was so amazing and was able to save my uterus so I can have more children. She is a wonderful doctor, will sit down and talk to you for hours, cares deeply about all her patients, everyone should go to her!
RID: 486856
17/01/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gamm is AMAZING! I would reccomend her to anyone who is seeking an Obstetric/Gynecology Doctor. She is knowledgeable, professional and an all around great Doctor.
RID: 458304
06/12/07 5 5 5 4 I really enjoyed going to Dr. Gamm. I know she hasn't been practicing as long as Dr. Johnson (the other doctor in the office), but she always listened to my thousands of questions, and was patient and understanding. She always did what was best for us and I felt like she truly cared. As far as the other rating...yes, welcome to pregnancy. I was very pleased and would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for an OBGYN.
RID: 413706
17/09/07 4 5 3 3 She's really heavy on the hands. I dropped her after she pressed on my 5mo. preggy belly really hard, which made me yell out. And all she said in response was, "Welcome to pregnancy!"
Insurance: United Healthcare