Rate Dr. Daniel F. Roses

Dr. Daniel F. Roses's Ratings

In June 1986, two doctors in Rockland County told me my melanoma was advanced and I had three to six months to live. I was 38. I feel really lucky that I heard about Dr Roses. My cousin went to see him with me. She noticed books on excellence on his shelves. He performed a wide excision on my right temple, and I am still here! Then in 2001, Dr. Roses performed a mastectomy on my left breast. I love Dr. Roses, he is a great surgeon and a great man. Helene makes sure his office is organized, and I love getting my mammograms at the NYU Cancer Center, because you see a doctor within a few minutes, they show you your pictures, and you don't have to wonder and worry for days.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Roses after I had what I thought was a cyst removed which then turned out to be a DFSP rare sarcoma. Dr. Roses was completely reassuring and kind and promised that I was going to be fine after he performed my 2nd surgery and cleared the margins. I was extremely fortunate to be in a place where I could see the dr. that wrote the book on rare tissue sarcomas, for the first surgeon I used had never seen one before and was recommending skin grafts and chemo. Dr. Roses is the doctor to see regarding cancer.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2013 | flag

I was very pleased with Dr. Roses and his staff. Dr. Roses does not expect my insurance and I still use him , that should be enough said...

Submitted July 20, 2013 | flag

Dr Roses is an amazing doctor. He runs a tight ship and you will not get lost in a system when you go to his practice. He is a very senior surgeon and has amazing experience, so he will only refer the best doctors to contribute to the team handling your care along with him. He is very careful in all aspects of his work. He is a man of varied interests and is a gifted human being. He doesn't sugar coat things and it can be a bit hard to read what he is thinking at times, but I do feel I am in very good hands with Dr Roses. Unlike many doctors today who can be so wishy washy, Dr Roses makes his recommendations clear to the patient. I would recommend him highly to anyone, anywhere. And it is true, Dr Roses wrote the book on breast cancer. Why go to anyone else?

Submitted May 13, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Roses for a surgical biopsy following an abnormal mammogram. I have had surgery in the past and get very anxious. Dr. Roses was extremely knowledgeable, very informative, approachable and reassuring. He lessened my fears without being patronizing or pandering. The evening of my out-patient surgery, Dr. Roses called me at home to see how I was doing (on a Friday night!). As soon as he received my pathology results, Dr. Roses called to let me know the results, although he could just as easily have waited until I was in his office for my post-op visit. Hopefully I will never need breast surgery again, but if I do, I will see Dr. Roses.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2012 | flag

A superb surgeon and wonderful human being! Dr. Roses is a caring individual with unsurpassed surgical skills. He is a clear communicator and will answer all questions and explain all procedures. His support staff,both medical and administrative, is excellent. Look no further for a skilled Parathyroid surgeon. He is the best in NYC, without a doubt.

Submitted June 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Roses is the kindest doctor in the world. He was the only one who gave me the time and grace to process my diagnosis, and not push me or force me to do what I was either not ready to do, or not comfortable doing, and treated me like a family member, rather than "another cancer patient". With the state of medicine stressing all areas of the health professions, and the health professionals being squeezed by the cold, calculations of the insurance companies, they are literally between a rock and a hard place, and it's easy to loose sight of the fear and vulnerability of the patients they are there to care for. Dr. Roses has been nothing short of a miracle in a very dark place. I love him like he was my family and HIGHLY reccommend him. He takes time, keeps a sense of humor, but is deadly serious when it comes to excellence and professional standards. He's a special rare species, like his name implies,...a rose among the weeds.

Submitted April 20, 2012 | flag

I speak as a family member on behalf of my sister who recently underwent surgery performed by Dr. Daniel Roses. Dr. Roses is exactly what a doctor is supposed to be: a healer, a good listener and a humane and caring individual with first-rate clinical skills and expertise. Dr. Roses is tops!

Submitted March 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. Roses performed my breast surgery Sept 09, he is a very dedicated and caring professional. He took the time to answer any questions I had & explain my procedure thoroughly. The day of surgery, he was very compassionate and attentive to me. After surgery, whenever I called with questions or concerns, he quickly returned my call personally. My surgery was successful, all results benign. Dr. Roses, God Bless your healing hands.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2009 | flag

Dr.Roses has been both my and my mom's surgeon for over 13 years. 7 years ago Dr. Roses performed my double mastectomy and all I can say is that it was Dr.Roses's amazing knowledge,ability,understanding and care that guided me through. All these factors not only make Dr.Roses an Excellent Surgeon but New York's most VALUABLE Surgeon. Through these years his constant care and concern makes me forever grateful, may God Bless him ! Both my mom and I would highly recommend Dr.Roses should anyone require Breast Surgery.

Submitted June 3, 2009 | flag