Rate Dr. Arvind Madaan

Dr. Arvind Madaan's Ratings

Dr. Madaan is very cheerful, polite and truly helpful, on top of being extremely well trained (Mayo Clinic) and has a sharp eye for details. He also has a very sharp sense of humor. In my opinion, this is a rare combination for a doctor of his caliber. My primary care doctor mentioned that "Dr. Madaan will look under the rocks but will find you the diagnosis and a meaningful plan of care that works for you." So very true. Thank you, Dr. S for sending me to CARE after I could not be diagnosed by another allergist in town. Dr. Madaan quickly picked up on my fluctuating B12 levels and connected it with Intrinsic Factor antibody and other related autoimmune problems a full year before my gastroenterologist finally confirmed what Dr. Madaan had already picked up! Terrific job, Dr. Madaan.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Madaan is excellent and has a terrific fund of knowledge and experience. From all the people I know, he is always willing to spend all the time needed by his patients to understand and take care of their problems. He answered all my questions in great detail and in a language I could understand. My previous allergist here in Charlottesville used to rush me out in 10 minutes, if that. It is such a refreshing change to see Dr. Madaan who genuinely cares for my well being! His entire team is very helpful. They offered me to choose from any of the available 30-minute blocks for my allergy shots so I did not have to wait. My advice to all the folks that I have sent to this office - please call ahead (since they are very busy) and they will absolutely fit you in to your convenience. - TJ

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Madaan is fantastic. He took a lot of time to explain to me my situation. And one time when I came in for an allergy shot and was feeling particularly bad, he made time to fit me in and gave me a steroid shot immediately to help relieve the symptoms. Never had a doctor willing to take so much time with patients before. HOWEVER, I just really really wish there could be some serious improvements in the methods for administrating allergy shots. Unfortunately, I could not keep coming twice a week and spending well over 2 hours waiting for my shots and then waiting around for a nurse to check me on the peak flow meter before I could leave. They were just overloaded with patience. I would always make an appt (never walking in) and even call and ask for the slowest times to come and still, I would have to wait and wait... There were two times where I had an appt and because of all the walk-ins that were allowed, I was told it would be well over 2 hours. So, I decided to reschedule for both of those... so I always felt like I was never keeping my allergy shots on schedule. After I left, another friend who did attend there said they would soon be starting earlier shot appts a couple days a weeks and they were going to stop allowing walk-ins. If that is the case, maybe it got better. However, I wasn't able to keep going. It just got to be too much of a commitment away from work. Unfortunately, fall is coming and things are getting bad again for me. So, for now, I am at another allergy office, where the doctors aren't as good about giving time or listening to the patients... but I learned what I could from Dr. Madaan and currently I am just attending this office for the allergy shots.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

Dr. Arvind Madaan's response
We deeply appreciate you mentioning that you received better quality care with Dr. Madaan. We continue to grow rapidly and have hired more staff to improve speed while maintaining our high quality personalized service. We now offer allergy shots by appointment, early morning hours on Fridays, late afternoons on Thurdays, and continue to stagger lunch breaks to accommodate increasing demand for our services. We are happy to take compliments as well as constructive advice from our dear patients. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you. - Managing Staff

Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. Madaan is super super busy but still NEVER IN RUSH with ANY of his patients.....excellent service with an ever-present smile. He explains everything and will make sure you are satisfied before you leave his office. We can speak confidently about fantastic results for our little one's asthma, eczema, recurring tonsillitis and ear infections (hated those antibiotics each time - have not needed them in over a year now!). We see our pediatrician only for well checks now and have not needed our ENT and Dermatologist in over a year! That's a sea change compared to the past 4 years where we were at all of the above doctors at least once a month. We are totally satisfied with the excellent care we have received from Dr. Madaan. My husband and I strongly encourage anyone who is looking for a comprehensive care plan (and noticeable results) to see Dr. Madaan at CARE!

Submitted Sept. 4, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

Very impressed!!! Dr. Madaan offered a thorough work-up and fixed my cough in 5 days! (22 years and a total of 8 specialists later!). I have told my primary doctor to refer all of her cough and allergy patients to Dr. Madaan - he is the best!

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Excellent visit! Thorough work-up and great results. Staff is very helpful as well.

Submitted June 18, 2014 | flag

Sincere, thoughtful, very knowledgeable and the most friendly physician I have ever met! Dr. Madaan is very busy but I guess that tells me how good he is! Office staff is terrific - they are all laid back, cheerful and very professional! They truly appear very HAPPY to come to work. Dr. Madaan is a great diagnostician. Multiple problems were diagnosed very accurately - targeted solutions were provided with detailed logical explanations. There was NO pressure to prescribe a pill for every problem - the focus was to get me genuinely better as a whole!!! Dr. spent more time than ANYONE has EVER spent with me! ...and this was high quality professional time that made me feel that I was very important to them. I felt like I got way more done with him in 70 minutes than I had accomplished in 15 years worth of visits to many doctors (including allergists) before. Made my day! I am spreading the word and sending all my family and friends to him!

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

My husband just saw Dr. Madaan recently and was very impressed with the quality of care and obvious improvement in his symptoms. He had been seeing Dr. Huber for over 10 years and did not feel like this during that time. Interestingly , Dr. Huber retired recently and his office kept telling us to follow up with another allergist but we did our homework and went to Charlottesville Allergy & Respiratory Care instead. We are delighted that we made this call and still cannot understand why we wasted 10 years with Dr. Huber.

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

Truly impressed by Dr. Madaan - he offers an amazing clarity of thought and distilled my problems into manageable segments for which he then provided a complete plan (that I could understand!). I loved it when he said "the results should speak for themselves" (and so they did for us and many other acquaintances who continue to visit him and have been nothing but thrilled with his superb clinical skills, excellent fund of knowledge about latest advances in his field, and the fact that he is a superb communicator with a great sense of humor). My other doctors could take a leaf from Dr. Madaan's book! Recommend with full enthusiasm!!

Submitted April 17, 2013 | flag