Rate Dr. Arvind Madaan

Dr. Arvind Madaan's Ratings

I was having recurring swelling of lips and tongue with trouble breathing, Two other allergists suspected a variety of things but could not pinpoint the diagnosis. Enter Dr. Madaan with his clarity of vision and well-thought out plan for my diagnosis and treatment. I was symptom- free within a week (I had been suffering for 8 years). As far as I am concerned, this is the place to get state-of-the-art care in allergies and asthma!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Excellent care, detailed explanation & plan of action with a warm, personal touch! Truly the best of all the 4 allergists I have seen over the past 9 years in Charlottesville area.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2626148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr. Madaan provided detailed work-up and explanation for each recommendation. My daughter's severe asthma was controlled within 3 days with the plan recommended; we had struggled for more than 2 years prior to seeing Dr. Madaan. I work as a Pharmacist and learnt so much about appropriate asthma care. I am amazed at why other doctors are not so thorough (we go through hundreds of scripts daily at our Pharmacy).

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2590241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Great care in a genuinely caring environment and excellent results. What else could one ask for? Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2546509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Dr. Madaan is very cheerful, polite and truly helpful, on top of being extremely well trained (Mayo Clinic) and has a sharp eye for details. He also has a very sharp sense of humor. In my opinion, this is a rare combination for a doctor of his caliber. My primary care doctor mentioned that "Dr. Madaan will look under the rocks but will find you the diagnosis and a meaningful plan of care that works for you." So very true. Thank you, Dr. S for sending me to CARE after I could not be diagnosed by another allergist in town. Dr. Madaan quickly picked up on my fluctuating B12 levels and connected it with Intrinsic Factor antibody and other related autoimmune problems a full year before my gastroenterologist finally confirmed what Dr. Madaan had already picked up! Terrific job, Dr. Madaan.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2542411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Madaan is excellent and has a terrific fund of knowledge and experience. From all the people I know, he is always willing to spend all the time needed by his patients to understand and take care of their problems. He answered all my questions in great detail and in a language I could understand. My previous allergist here in Charlottesville used to rush me out in 10 minutes, if that. It is such a refreshing change to see Dr. Madaan who genuinely cares for my well being! His entire team is very helpful. They offered me to choose from any of the available 30-minute blocks for my allergy shots so I did not have to wait. My advice to all the folks that I have sent to this office - please call ahead (since they are very busy) and they will absolutely fit you in to your convenience. - TJ

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Dr. Madaan is fantastic. He took a lot of time to explain to me my situation. And one time when I came in for an allergy shot and was feeling particularly bad, he made time to fit me in and gave me a steroid shot immediately to help relieve the symptoms. Never had a doctor willing to take so much time with patients before. HOWEVER, I just really really wish there could be some serious improvements in the methods for administrating allergy shots. Unfortunately, I could not keep coming twice a week and spending well over 2 hours waiting for my shots and then waiting around for a nurse to check me on the peak flow meter before I could leave. They were just overloaded with patience. I would always make an appt (never walking in) and even call and ask for the slowest times to come and still, I would have to wait and wait... There were two times where I had an appt and because of all the walk-ins that were allowed, I was told it would be well over 2 hours. So, I decided to reschedule for both of those... so I always felt like I was never keeping my allergy shots on schedule. After I left, another friend who did attend there said they would soon be starting earlier shot appts a couple days a weeks and they were going to stop allowing walk-ins. If that is the case, maybe it got better. However, I wasn't able to keep going. It just got to be too much of a commitment away from work. Unfortunately, fall is coming and things are getting bad again for me. So, for now, I am at another allergy office, where the doctors aren't as good about giving time or listening to the patients... but I learned what I could from Dr. Madaan and currently I am just attending this office for the allergy shots.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Dr. Arvind Madaan's response
We deeply appreciate you mentioning that you received better quality care with Dr. Madaan. We continue to grow rapidly and have hired more staff to improve speed while maintaining our high quality personalized service. We now offer allergy shots by appointment, early morning hours on Fridays, late afternoons on Thurdays, and continue to stagger lunch breaks to accommodate increasing demand for our services. We are happy to take compliments as well as constructive advice from our dear patients. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you. - Managing Staff

Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. Madaan is super super busy but still NEVER IN RUSH with ANY of his patients.....excellent service with an ever-present smile. He explains everything and will make sure you are satisfied before you leave his office. We can speak confidently about fantastic results for our little one's asthma, eczema, recurring tonsillitis and ear infections (hated those antibiotics each time - have not needed them in over a year now!). We see our pediatrician only for well checks now and have not needed our ENT and Dermatologist in over a year! That's a sea change compared to the past 4 years where we were at all of the above doctors at least once a month. We are totally satisfied with the excellent care we have received from Dr. Madaan. My husband and I strongly encourage anyone who is looking for a comprehensive care plan (and noticeable results) to see Dr. Madaan at CARE!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2524074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Very impressed!!! Dr. Madaan offered a thorough work-up and fixed my cough in 5 days! (22 years and a total of 8 specialists later!). I have told my primary doctor to refer all of her cough and allergy patients to Dr. Madaan - he is the best!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2495203].votes_count ]]