Dr. Sean K. Keem

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/02/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Sean K. Keem has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Sean" to "Sean K."
RID: 2776927
19/08/13 5 5 5 5 An excellent doctor and surgeon. He is valiant. He took upon my case that "no one in his right mind" would touch and made me whole. I had two back surgeries by two other surgeons before and came out worse than before surgeries. Dr. Keem cleaned out my infection and corrected my spinal stenosis. I owe him my life.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

04/11/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2449525
17/10/12 5 5 5 5 From expeditious establishment of diagnosis for my chronic worsening weakness of legs to master surgical performance, I have nothing but to praise this great man. 6 months after surgery by Dr. Keem, I climbed Mt. McKinley in Denali National Park in Alaska!
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 2361600
13/07/12 5 5 5 5 If you ever need an unbiased professional opinion of spine problem, Dr. Keem is the man. I was referred to him by both my church member and my primary doctor. After a thorough examination, he recommended nonsurgical treatment. How often do you see that? Nothing worked for me so I ended up getting surgery that involved three lumbar spinal levels and I am doing great. I ran Peachtree marathon last July. This doctor is great!
Paid (or co-pay): $60
Respond

03/05/12 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Neurosurgeon listing (DID: 3424840)

06/02/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1349799
29/01/11 5 5 5 5 I owe my life to Dr.Keem! He gave me my freedom back. I was in so much pain, heavily medicated all the time. Dr. Keem operated on me and now I can actually walk without pain. He put the rods in my back. He was determined to get me out of pain and back doing what I like doing(working outside, cutting grass, and even lifting a leaf blower(which I could not even lift for 3yrs.)I would highly recommend Dr. Keem to anyone(family included).If someone had seen me 3yrs ago and they were to see me now, they would not believe the difference. Dr. Keem changed my life and my wife's life completely. Thanks, Dr. Keem we are forever indebted to you!!
RID: 1345770
25/01/11 5 5 5 5 I waited 4 years to get my back fixed. Once initial surgery pain subsided, I wonder why I waited this long. I feel great, but I am already taking much less pain medication than before surgery. He saved my husband and my lives.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1294323
15/11/10 4 1 1 1 Horrible surgeon. Do not go to him. Insensitive and uncaring. Substandard surgical skills. Evasive and lacks skill in pain control
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1256827
23/09/10 3 4 1 1 This man should not be in the profession. He was not helpful or encouraging. Never once smiled. Has no personality or bedside manner. Was evasive to questions. I asked one question twice and he danced around it both times. We feel like he wanted us to beg him for his service. He did make very clear that he could not guarantee any improvement and also made clear that there could be any number of results including death and paralaysis. All things we were aware of from previous surgeries, but had not had a doctor put so much emphasis on. This was a red flag for us along with his lack of a personality. Also, the charge of $357 for his 30 minute consultation was outrageous. I think we all wish we could charge that much for 30 minutes time. Buyer Beware!
RID: 1187847
11/06/10 2 1 1 2 Dr. Keem insisted he "inquired with a team of other physicians" regarding my condition and "all concurred there was no nerve damage" following my surgery. Upon requesting a list of those names, not even one name could be produced by his office. My post-op report is a proven record of his short-cuts that paralyzed me. Dr. Keem became irate at the request of a nerve conduction test stating he "did not want anyone scrutinizing his work." If a physician is confident and competent, s/he should have no problems with another physician examining his work. The nerve conduction test proved there was extensive nerve damage caused by Dr. Keem's short-cuts. I spent a month in a physical therapy rehab center and have permanent nerve damage. I had to have a 2nd surgery classified as a 'salvage surgery' to repair the damage. Dr. Keem cut my psoas muscle, damaged my L3, L4 & L5 nerves. I have 5/8" difference in my legs with the muscle atrophy. I am walking, but with permanent damage and life-long pain.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 963744
15/08/09 5 5 5 5 I had 6 previous surgeries by 6 different neurosurgeons and spine surgeons. I was left with so much pain and I spent every day heavily sedated from pain medications. When I went to Emory spine clinic, I was told that to do another surgery on me would be "walking into a land mine." After revision surgery by Dr. Keem 7 years ago, I got my life back. He is a true a genius.
RID: 959522
10/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Keem is a very talented surgeon. He performed the XLIF procedure on me and I was walking 24 hours after the surgery. I am now pain free and you can barely notice the scar. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Keem and asking if you are a candidate for this procedure.
RID: 955873
06/08/09 5 4 5 5 Dr Keem performed a total disk replacement on me in 2003. Six years later, my back and legs are still pain-free, and I have excellent mobility and strength. I highly recommned this procedure if you pass Dr Keem's screening process.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 952728
02/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Keem is a truly brilliant, straight forward and meticulous surgeon. He diagnosed me quickly, and explained my treatment options clearly. Dr. Keem did a cervical spine fusion seven weeks ago, and I am almost fully recovered. I have already eased back into normal life doing my regular activities. I rate Dr. Keem very highly to those patients that suffer with back pain, and those that are dissatisfied with their spinal doctors.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 645308
23/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr.Keem is a dream doctor and I am so glad I have the privilege to be his patient. He did my lumbar fusion surgery 0n May 2008 and it has changed my life. Dr.Keem is truly a visionary in his field and my rapid recovery attests to his surgical skills.He truly cares about his patients and spends as much time as needed. He is the BEST of the best.
RID: 411453
31/07/07 5 5 5 I was really frightened to learn that I needed back surgery. Dr. Keem made me feel good about my decision to proceed with surgery and I am really grateful to him for my current health status. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing any type of back surgery.  Respond