Dr. Laura Senator

Grad. Year: 1990

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Laura Senator has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2699196
02/07/13 1 3 5 5 Dr. Laura Senator is an amazing doctor! She never makes you feel rushed and is very good with babies with complex issues. (She's sharp but also very compassionate) It's 2013 and I wish I could say the office staff has gotten better, but I will echo the statements by other reviewers here. The main receptionist/office manager that checks you in and answers the phone is awful! She's mean, very rude and does not show any respect to Pediahealth's patients or their families. Its a shame, since Dr. Senator is the polar opposite of her administrative staff. The billing company they use, is the same way. The will send nasty emails but will not give you an extension or direct dial number to follow up via phone. The billing company will also send a nasty letter threatening a collection agency on you, if your insurance company doesn't pay within 90 days. Due to the administrative staff and the billing company, I sadly must take my business to another pediatrician. We will miss Dr. Senator!
Respond

30/01/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2530813
14/01/13 1 3 5 5 Worst office staff ever! This practice needs to get rid of thd old women in the front window! Rude every time! Never nice. Dr Senator is wonderful. The only reason we keep coming back.  See Responses
RID: 2268807
18/06/12 1 3 5 5 Best doctors and nurses ever in this practice. Worst office staff, so rude, and they hate kids. And the hours are terrible. The whole office closes for 2 hours at lunch everyday, and they always send the phones to answering service long before office hours are officially over. Its a testament to how great the doctors are that people put up with everything else.
RID: 1139315
30/03/10 1 3 5 5 Worlds best doctors. World worst office staff- consistently horrible, rude people. I called and asked for a callback from a nurse about my son's condition, and instead got a callback from the BILLING PERSON who browbeated me about my son's health before finally revealing she was not a nurse. It's too bad , because the doctors and nurses are fabulous.
RID: 1038061
19/11/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Senator is absolutely wonderful. She is just what you would want in your pediatrican; kind, an excellent listener, non-judgemental, and extremely intellegent. You can tell that she has a passion for what she does and demonstrates true care and compassion. I am thrilled to have found her. I have the utmost confidence in her abilities. I only wish I could find someone like her for my open primary doctor.
RID: 974565
28/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr.Senator is Great, very good and Knlowedgeable doctor. Excellent Service and Thank you doctor.
RID: 953158
03/08/09 5 5 5 5 This is the best doctor ever! She knows my son from birth. We are very conscious and concerned parents. We always try to find the best treatment for our son and need a wise advice showing us all options, their consequences and having the doctor on our side in OUR decision making process. SHE IS ALWAYS WITH US, sharing ALWAYS best possible option, SHE ALWAYS TAKES her TIME to explain and talk about our doubts and concerns, even if they seems to be stupid. Some time ago we had to decide for a procedure that we found out (in our research) to be traumatic for a child and that trauma would not prevail possible good outcomes. She accommodated everything for us, sent us to a specialists, so we could make our own decision of going against Board's recommendations! She respected it fully! If you are an involved parent YOU WILL NOT find a better doctor! My son LOVES her. I wish I could find a doctor for myself with such a tremendous up-to-date knowledge, respect to patients and his feelings.
RID: 760421
10/01/09 5 5 5 5 She is wonderful, patient and caring. Staff is very helpful and friendly and the nurses are great with the kids.
RID: 741187
10/12/08 5 5 5 5 After going to a large practice when my daughter was born, I switched to Dr. Senator. She is EXCELLENT! She takes her time, never making me feel like she is rushing out. She seems to really care about my daughter and knows her. I could not be any happier with a doctor than I am with her.
RID: 656639
05/08/08 4 5 5 5 Dr. Senator is GREAT!!!! She is very caring. If we are seeing another doctor in the practice and she happens to see my children in the hallway she always greets them by name. Something most doctors don't do unless there is a chart in front of them. Her bedside manner is great. She is truly concerned about the wellfare of her patients and does everything possible to fix whatever ails them. Two thumbs up for this doctor!!!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 639859
16/07/08 5 5 5 5 She takes her time with you and answers all of your questions - and she really enjoys the kids.
Paid (or co-pay): $5
RID: 545883
24/03/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Senator is FANTASTIC. She is extremely knowledgable down to earth. I trust her 100% and furthermore LOVE her bedside manner.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 474003
31/12/07 1 2 1 4 Covers with a Dr. Vinnakota who is rude, unprofessional and abrupt. Did not care to help my child. Would not recomend Dr. Senator due to her poor choice of on call covering doctors.
RID: 460066
08/12/07 5 4 5 5 Practice is called PediaHealth. Other doctors in practice are Dr. Calimlim and Dr. Jain.
RID: 410411