Rate Dr. Alexander P. Hersel

Dr. Alexander P. Hersel's Ratings

I was hit by a car while I was jogging three years ago. Ever since then, I've had constant back pain in my lower back, which tends to become more painful when sitting for long periods of time. I saw Dr. Hersel who gave me a full neurological exam and recommend long-term treatments to address my pain. Dr. Hersel made me feel incredibly comfortable. He is very knowledgeable and truly cared about my pain. I am grateful for his help and would recommend anyone in pain to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553583].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Dr. Hersel has been my doctor for severe neck pain. Before seeing him I had horrific cervical degenerative disc disease. He treated me in the office, with injections at the surgery center and with a comprehensive treatment plan. I have very little pain now, usually none at all. I have resumed my exercise plan and feel so much better. He was very kind to me and heard and answered all of my questions. He was very affordable and his staff cared only about my well being and health. I was very pleased and recommend him highly to anyone in pain. He is truly an angel and an excellent pain doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][980643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2013

He saw me first and very quickly came to an idea of what I have, which is a bad sign, because that tells me that he either lacks analytical skills or simply all he cares is about the money. I didn't know about the other doctors in this group, but then I was assigned to a Dr. Nguyen, who was even worst, cold and like he didn't care at all about my condition. The first thing he told me was I must do what he says and basically didn't do much for my cancer pain. With both doctors I was at not allowed to have an opinion on my treatment. I am still in pain and have a new doctor now and am much more happier. I could sense that this place is all about the money and not about patient care. The staff was also rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][980642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

I saw Dr. Hersel for a consultation. At first, he seemed OK, but shortly into our meeting, he often interrupted me and told me what he thought instead of listening to what I wanted or was asking. As our consultation continued, he grew more short tempered and kept getting interrupted by his staff for other things that had nothing to do with me. I don't know anything about his surgical skills because I feel like he's very condescending and I'm not asking for anything unreasonable that other Drs wouldn't do. He seemed like he was trying to intimidate me into doing what he wanted. The staff only seem interested in getting my insurance information. I'm going to look elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][980641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

i have been a patient of Dr. Hersel now for over 1 year and before using him as my doctor lived a life filled with pain and depression. Dr. Hersel's innovative and brilliant treatments have taken me from the darkness to the light. All of my neck pain has been cured and I have even resumed my rigorous exercise regimen. His superior doctoring has led to a breakthrough and a pain free life. His office staff is superior and all his other doctors are excellent as well. Thank God for Dr. Hersel and his practice because I have been able to start living again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][980640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I should have research this before, but these guys are crooks. I was billed to my insurance for a procedure that I never had (had to cancel). There was even a procedure note. I think they pay the referring surgeons. It's all about money; not a strong medical practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][980639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2011

This is a very poorly managed medical practice. They are very greedy, forcing people to get the injection in an "out-of-network" facility next door (that happens to be owned by that very same doctor Hersel). He sweats a lot and has a funky smell. Try to give me a hug but I was too upset by the long wait and the staff trying to con me into going to that facility next door. I am not returning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][980638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2011

Dr Hersel is the best at giving epidurals. I have had 4 different doctors give me epidurals and he is highly skilled and very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][980637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

I have found Dr. Hersel to be one of the most compassionate carind doctors that I have known. He has helped me with my neck pain whereby, I virtually have no pain at all. He is the best and I higly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][980636].votes_count ]]