Rate Dr. Elliot M. Perlman

Dr. Elliot M. Perlman's Ratings

I had high hopes for Dr. Perlman but unfortunately I was let down. I am not questioning his expertise in ophthalmology but rather his lack of proper hand hygiene. I was seen by Dr. Perlman on1/30/15. Before leaving the examination room he put my contact lens in my right eye because I was unable to do so. After the fact I realized he did not wash his hands prior to putting my contact mens in my eye. On 2/4/15 I woke up with conjunctivitis in the same (right) eye. My eyelids were crusted shut together. Upon removing the drainage my eye was observed to be swollen, pink, irritated and painful. It is now 2/20/15 and both eyes are now affected. I have been out of work since due to the contagious nature of the disease. I have utilized my health insurance seeing other ophthalmologists and optometrists. In my professional opinion Dr. Perlman's expertise in ophthalmology goes out the window if he cannot abide my the most basic healthcare principle: HAND HYGEINE!!!!! Because of this I am recommending that he be avoided at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Dr. Perlman rushed into my appointment, examined me quickly, said some medical jargon, and walked out - a total of probably 5 minutes. After he left the nurse had to explain to me what the diagnosis meant, and what I was supposed to do next. All in all, terrible bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

shows care and concern at all times this office will see you 24/7 i have had emergency appts on saturdays and sundays and the dr would meet me at his office --excellent care! there is no better!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

I had custom wavefront Lasix on very myopic eyes (contact rx was -8.0 in both eyes). I was very nervous and he was gentle, reassuring, and precise. It took longer for my eyes to heal given their extreme myopia, but I was up to 20/20 after 4 months. I am thrilled :) He also got good recommendations from ophthalmologists friends I have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

I went to Dr. Perlman for wave front custom LASIK surgery two weeks ago and now have 20/20 vision. I experienced no complications and the surgery was quick and easy. Though Dr. Perlman may be on the brisk side, he is thurough and informative. He has a reputation for being very precise...exactly what I want in a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2008

Elliot Perlman saved my husbands eye - He is exceptional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2007

Dr. Perlman is always in hurry. He does not listen to his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983357].votes_count ]]