Rate Dr. Andrew M. Marker

Dr. Andrew M. Marker's Ratings

Submitted July 17, 2014 | flag

I found Dr Marker online and at first thought his method was somewhat unconventional and entertaining. however after 2nd session he really didn't remember me sessions were inconsistent and at times unappropriate as he spoke about his sexual conquest and lavish home. Even said he had to force his eyes open not to fall asleep during sessions. Worse experience for me

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Overconfident but ineffectual. Don't waste your time or money.

Submitted April 8, 2013 | flag

I have worked with Dr. Marker for a number of years and he has been a great help. My personal and mental health has improved dramatically. When we first met, I was having a very difficult time at work and had many destructive relationships. Dr. Marker’s comfortable and easy-going manner allowed me to approach my concerns with a careful eye and I have thankfully made significant progress. I now possess a much happier outlook on my life and myself. His support has been invaluable, he is very attentive and I recommend him for anyone who seeks to make a change in themselves and release anxiety in favor of a quality world.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

Not the worst psychologist I have seen, and not the best. Sometimes he was helpful, and other times he seemed distracted or even unprofessional. As a whole, it seemed like his heart wasn't really in counseling, and it is just a business for him.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag

Finally I found a shrink who did not think he was smarter than me. I don't think he's for everyone because he can get a little distracted sometimes but his stories actually helped me to see I wasn't so crazy as I thought. He also has a pharmocologist in the office in case you need meds. As someone else said he can be hard to get an appointment with, especially at night.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2010 | flag

Dr. Marker is very knowledgeable. He is very direct and put everything in perspective. He is also very genuine and trustworthy. He is open and devotes his life around his work.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2010 | flag

Dr. Marker helped me overcome anxiety I had been feeling for a few years, and he helped me quickly. I thought the whole therapy thing would take years and years, but I felt better within the first few sessions and I take comfort with the knowledge that I have a friendly, encouraging doctor available right in Manhattan. I highly recommend Dr. Marker!

Submitted Aug. 19, 2010 | flag

I was in need of help and the doctor put things into perspective for me in a plain, straightforward way that i could understand. He was very helpful and had a sense of humor that helped reduce a lot of my anxiety. I would recommend him to a friend

Submitted March 2, 2007 | flag