Rate Dr. Roger A. Lowlicht

Dr. Roger A. Lowlicht's Ratings

On Oct 18th I feel and broke my jaw in two places, my husband took me to Midstate Hospital. The doctors concurred that broken my jaw but sent me to Hartford Hospital by ambulance. They also agreed yes my jaw was broke and said to eat a soft diet for 1 month it will take 6-8 weeks to heal, no medication was given to me. I saw another Oral surgeon on Oct 29th he was so upset that I was not treated and wanted to wire my jaw right there in his office, I got very upset. Dr Winestock also said I had a blood clot in my right ear I needed to be treated by a ENT doctor. So he sends me to St. Rahael's Hospital and after 6 Oral surgeons examined me they said I needed to have surgery and put a plate in my jaw. They talked about it for 10 minutes then decided I didn't need surgery to continue the soft diet, sent home with no anitbiotics again. I saw Dr. David Astrachen my ENT doctor on Oct. 31st and he was also upset I was not treated. He removed a chucnk of blood from my right ear and called Dr. Lowlicht to see me and he did. He saw my x-rays and said I needed immediate surgery he said I needed a plate in my jaw or I can lose my teeth and suffer more complications. So Nov. 1st he operated on me and I am on the road to recovery. Dr. Lowlicht and his staff were so kind and caring. I felt so comfortable with them and I can't express enough my gratitute to Dr. Astrachen for sending me to Dr. Lowlicht . These two doctors are wonderful guys and awesome in what they specialize in their fields. I HIGHLY recommend both of them for treatment, I am forever thankful to both of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Doctor was fine, very quick about explaining stuff, but good. However, the staff quoted me a price that was almost $400 different then the price they billed, then I called several time asking why, each time they told me some bull about why they didn't have the paperwork there. Then they sent it to collections saying I refuse to pay, when I said I would if they told me what the extra charge is for. Claim they sent a bill every month, I only received 1 and I live 2 blocks from the office. Finally get an answer and its that they made a "mistake" and the woman says to me in a very rude tone "haven't you ever made a mistake in your life?" and I told her it was a bait & switch because they quote one price and then bill another and she says the didn't do it on purpose so that is not the case. But now a surgery costs me $450 instead of $340, which is a big deal when you don't have a lot of expendable income, like they all clearly do. So either way they say not their problem and they are "sorry" and I just have to pay it after being repeatedly rude to me for about 10 minutes on the phone. Don't go there, the front desk people aren't worth the hassle of getting to the dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

My first appointment was a consultation for wisdom teeth. After waiting 45 minutes, we walked out. Come to find out, they double booked the morning because of snow the day before. My time was not considered. The receptionist stated that people had to be fit in because yesterdays patients didn't want to drive in the snow. So I get bumped and have to wait over 45 min.?! I had to miss time from work, and my child had to miss time from school, with nothing accomplished. They should of scheduled people more thoughtfully. We never did see the doctor so I can't review how the visit went. Whoever is responsible for scheduling, or the management of this office failed completely. They should review their office practice. We will not go there again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

The staff was very nice and friendly. Dr. Lowlicht,was fantastic I was very impressed with him. I would go back without hesitation. I must say he may feel relaxed and comfortable I would go back and I would recommend him to friends and family. Overall I was very happy with the staff and Dr. Lowlicht.....Once again thank you Dr. Lowlicht and staff....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2012

My daughter had two teeth pulled. Our ortho sent us here. One was impacted. He had her in and out in 20 min. I was very impressed. He moves fast and is friendly. Not sure how people could say he has no bedside manner. We found him very warm and welcoming. His staff was kind to us. No complaints. My daughter is 14.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

The staff completely lacks manners and helpfulness. Dr. lacks bedside manners, takes no time to explain or inquire and works more like a carpenter during tooth extraction than a qualified doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

My husband is now an invalid as a result of this pompous, ill prepared doctor. Please, for your own safety, find a more skilled, less pompous oral surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

I personally had a wonderful experience right from the very first phone call! I asked a lot of questions and discovered that the doctor's receptionist had also been his assistant for many years and she was able not only to alleviate my fears, but give me detailed information regarding the surgery, She was very knowledgable and friendly.The doctor was very kind, I wasn't uncomforatble and even got a phone call later that day from him, which iwas very impressed with. Overall a very positve experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

Very nice Dr. very attentive. Very caring. Very little pain. And i was in and out very fast for surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Great service and great experience!I felt very comforatable regarding the surgery and wish to thank him and his office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][983489].votes_count ]]