Rate Dr. Steve C. Nelson

Dr. Steve C. Nelson's Ratings

I saw this doc when i couldnt get in with Dr , Roney,he was nice then,saw him in ,hospital where,he,tried,to change my meds. When i told him i had tried,that med he became irate stomped, his feet and stormed out,telling me to,do,whatever i wanted. He is only nice when you dont question him which isnt a sign of a good doctor wanting you to be apart of your care, but ,Dr Roney is the same way once yelled at me for wanting a 2nd opinion on my dialysis access which i was right on doing it had to be fixed both of them are great as long as they are never questioned

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Dr. Nelson was assigned as my primary care physician by default when my doctor left their practice. I met him for the first time in my hospital room where I had been admitted with asthma complications and a WBC count of 21,000. His diagnosis meeting me for the first time? I was just overweight and depressed. After 4 days in the hospital with them pouring 2 different antibiotics and steroids in me by IV, my WBC continued to rise to 26,500 and this brilliant doctor finally decided it might be time to consult a specialist, while still insisting I was just overweight and depressed and must go on antidepressants immediately. When I didn't agree with his assessment, he continued to be hostile and dismissive. He sarcastically suggested I find another doctor that was smarter than him. It was the most insightful advice he gave. Don't walk away, people ... run!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I was very surprised to see Dr. Nelson rated this high. I have seen him a couple times when I could get in to no one else. He has always been very rude to me for some reason. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. All the other doctors in his group have been great to deal with over the years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2436565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Nelson is a very nice DR. he is very compassionate person. Is interested in you and your problem. Was able to figure out what was wrong with me when a bunch of othere Dr.s could not! Best Dr. ever!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][985313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Nelson is a rare find, he is compassionate, knowledgable and you can tell he truly cares about what is going on with your health. At a time when so many doctors are fishing patients in/out a quickly as possible to make an extra buck, he takes extra time to really care for you, AND I actually got to see him when hospitalized, there are almost no family practice Docs out there anymore who will see you at the hospital. I feel so confindent with his knowledge and skills. I highly recommend him and appreciate the time he spends with me and my family!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][985312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2011

I have seen Dr. Nelson since he first came to the practice. He is such a compassionate and truly caring Doctor. I am amazed at the time he will take to listen and talk with you when that's what you need. He and Marci make a great and helpful team to rely on. Dr. Nelson will not brush your symptoms off as if their nothing as he truly cares. I recommend to everyone because he is the BEST! The front desk is sometimes not on the ball. The doctor told me one thing to do and when I told the front desk, they told me no, do this. Of course, I should have done what Dr. Nelson said because that was the right thing to do.I don't think they should take it on themselves to do that. Then again, I wouldn't and don't regret telling anyone who needs a dotor - this is the team to go to!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][985311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2011

Until this last visit I would have said "Wonderful!" and I still think so. Perhaps he was having a bad day, everyone does from time to time. I certainly will to recommend him to my family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][985310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

Have seen Dr. Nelson a few times when I could not see regular DR. He is pretty much a jerk imo. I will stick with Dr. Roney.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][985309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2011

I was one of Dr. Nelsons first patients when he came to the office. I liked him from the first visit. He is always concerned about me and my life. I always recommend him to people who need a great doctor. His staff is very nice especially his nurse Marcie. They work so well together. There aren't very many doctors out there with a good bedside manner and willing to talk to his patients. He spends much needed time getting to the diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][985308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2011

First visit and first impression: Was insensitive, arrogant and impatient. You could probably even add rude to the list.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][985307].votes_count ]]