Dr. Melanie A. Story

Grad. Year: 2002

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Unknown

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Melanie A. Story has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Melanie" to "Melanie A."
RID: 2552489
06/02/13 3 3 5 5 I just also received my letter today that Dr. Story is gone..I called her office a few minutes ago to get my overdue refill but nobody even told me she was gone and I did not know then that there was this letter in my mailbox. I hope somebody will read this who knows where to find her. Thank you
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2552231
06/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Story has been my doctor for 15 years. She is wonderful! The most caring doctor I have ever been to. I moved with her from Dixie to Middletown. When I opened my mail last night,, tears flowed when I read she is no longer at Family Medical East. She has been with me thru a lot and I want to continue with her not some stranger you tell me will take care of me. I want her to continue to take care of me. I have insurance which I pay for and my employer and I SHOULD have the right to know where she has moved so that I can continue getting the great care from her !!!!! I am 52 and she is the most caring ever !!! She recommended great surgeons on both illnesses and followed thru and always fits me in when I call for appointments. I hopefully will find out where she is and make an appointment and go with "bells on ".
See Responses
RID: 1689045
17/01/12 2 4 5 5 I really like Dr. Story. She takes her time to listen to all of your problems. She orders the appropriate tests. The only bad thing I have to say about this office is that trying to get a test result back is like pulling teeth. For that reason I might end up finding a new Dr. or just try to not have any special testing done
RID: 1655157
07/12/11 4 5 5 5 Dr. Story is absolutely the best doctor I've ever had the privelage to be treated by. She truly takes the time to listen to every word you're saying, and she seems genuinely interested in hearing about any problem you may have. I find nothing to be wrong with the office staff, every time I've come in to contact with them, they've been very friendly and not short. I would absolutely reccommend seeing Dr. Story.
RID: 1629698
09/11/11 4 4 5 5 Dr Story is one of the most patient and understanding doctors I have ever had. I do have alot of health issues and she always takes care of me or sends me to a specialist. She will always take her time and never rushes through the appt.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1533269
09/09/11 4 4 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Story for a few years base on the recommendation of a friend. I love Dr. Story. She has always been very helpful, giving me her opinion, good and bad. She never once has told me I had 15 minutes of her time. I never feel rushed or like she doenst care. I have her undivided attention. I have had blood work done a few times and both were to my benefit. She has also offered me expensive drugs however, if I told her I wanted a cheaper drug she gladly gave them to me. Also, when I have tried the more expensive drug and couldnt afford them any longer or wanted to try something different, she immediatly called me in a new prescription. Her front desk staff HAS told me she wouldnt write me a certain prescription but then I started having my calls directly transfered to her MA and left her the message and my prescription would get filled by the next business day. I would recommend Dr. Story.  Respond
RID: 1519582
23/08/11 5 5 5 5 Best Doctor I have ever been to. Really cares about her patients. She is knowledgeable, helpful and she take your personal situation seriously. Office staff was friendly, polite and helpful. I felt like a valued person, like everyone in the office genuinely cared. So happy I changed Doctors!
RID: 1519227
22/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Story is AMAZING. She is caring, committed, responsive and works hard for her patients. When her office moved, I stayed with her, although it is a 60 mile round trip to see her and there are MANY Doctors closer to me. I know that I am in good hands, and when I am having a bad day, she overlooks me, and helps me have a better one. I have dealt with a long running illness that was frustrating, annoying and time consuming, she dealt with me as true professional and even took on extra duties as far as my case goes, to streamline my treatment and to make appointments to a specialist (that I didn't really trust) unnecessary. She is wonderful...Exceptional Doctor, and person.
RID: 1397148
25/03/11 1 5 5 5 Dr. Story is fantastic--absolutely the best primary care physician I have ever had. She is engaged, thoughtful, and open. Her level of concern for patients is very high. However...I have to agree with the other commenters that her staff does not represent her well AT ALL. The front office is rude, dismissive, and unresponsive. It's a shame, because this is the opposite of Dr. Story herself.
RID: 1320051
22/12/10 5 5 5 5 I have never in three years of care by Dr. Story had anything like the negative experiences reported by some here. Dr. Story has always taken all the time we need to be helped; she is very careful at not dispensing drugs without very good reason to do so. She has been an excellent listener and I know has phoned me late in the evening to return my call for help. I have been through four Drs here in Louisville to find one of her calibre who treats my husband and I like a person not a number. We love and recommend her highly. Thank you.
RID: 1233077
20/08/10 1 5 5 5 excellent docto. I am able to walk pain free for the first time in months after visiting other doctors. She listened and got the right tests to see my problem. Thank you I highly recommend her to friends and relatives. However,front office could be more helpful.
Respond

03/02/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 994598
24/09/09 5 5 5 5 Maybe those other people caught Dr. Story on a bad day or have a back story that may explain things, but I could not disagree less with those comments. She is hands down one of the best doctors I've ever seen. She has a wonderful bedside manner and has never tried to push medications on myself or my husband, unless they are obviously needed, i.e. antibiotics or tamiflu or something. Her nurse is really great as well and I like that she has an in office lab. I trust her opinion so much that when I had my son I used her recommendation for his doctor and I could not be happier.
RID: 901582
01/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Story is hands down one of the best Doctors i have ever been to. one patient said she just prescribes and does blood work .. this is far from what i have experienced with her. she is very concerned about my health and willing to give me the time i needed.
RID: 856761
08/04/09 4 5 4 4 Dr. Story is hands down one of the best doctors I have been to. I have seen many. She is very professional, great bedside manner. She really cares about my health, or is a great actress.
RID: 762136
12/01/09 5 5 5 5 I have tried for many years to find a kind and knowledgeable doctor. When I found Dr. Story I was completely satisfied!! I suffered from severe allergies all my life. I did not want to take allergy shots for the rest of my life. Dr. Story found other ways to treat my allergies without shots. I can now function without the constant suffering of my horrible allergies. Thanks to her, I feel free to live a quality life that I never had before!
RID: 610324
08/06/08 1 2 2 2 This is a terrible office. FIRST: The staff is rude and tries to answer questions that they do not know the answers to and should not be answering. For example, I called the office and one staff member told me that Dr. Story will not prescribe the medication I needed. The staff member did NOT even know what I needed the medicine for, but refused to let me speak with Dr. Story. Thankfully my old physcian called in a prescription for me until I found a new MD. SECOND: Dr. Story could care less about listening to the patients, even if no-one else is waiting. I found her condenscending and not willing to listen to me about what I needed. Instead, she just wanted to give me some medication and do some blood work (which I did not need). She refused to listen to what my symptoms were and how I felt and instead automatically tried to get expensive tests and meds, after listening to me for about 5 seconds. Between the staff and Dr. Story's attitude, I would NEVER recommend this office.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 409248
04/04/07 4 1 1 Doctor Story will tell you up front that you have 15 minutes for your appointment and that is it... unwilling to spend a lot of time with her patients. Doctor is young and does not listen well... will take you off of tried and true presciptions and put you on expensive new "cutting edge" pills. Misdiagnosed Type 1 diabetes and treated as type II Discontinued needed insulin resulting in patient becoming very ill. Tries to handle all aspects of a patients care and not willing to refer to a specialist as needed. In spite of the above she really does have a good personality and is a good family doctor for coughs, colds and routine stuff... just be wary of treating things like diabetes, and other major chronic illnesses. Its obvious that she likes the expensive drugs... rarely prescribes pills that have generic equivelnts... likes to prescripe top tier drugs.  Respond