Rate Dr. Louay Toma

Dr. Louay Toma's Ratings

Dr. Toma has done thousands of Anterior Hip Replacements. He's high tech and detail oriented. He's nice and easy to talk to. I had a hip replacement on Jan. 7th and am doing great. I did a lot of Internet research before I selected Dr. Toma. I determined that Anterior approach THR with Dr. Toma was the best choice even though I had a successful hip resurfacing in 2006 on my other hip.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2692667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

The first thing I noticed about Dr. Toma was his confidence. I was in such pain and he reassured me that once my hip replacement was done, the pain would be gone. He was right. There was no swelling, and I was up and walking the afternoon of the surgery. He is calm, gentle, well-spoken and has an excellent PA to assist him. He is an artist and a genius in my eyes. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this surgery. ~Gayle Cooper

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I would give Dr. Toma ten stars if I could. Best experience for both hip replacements. He did an excellent job and would not hesitate recommending him to all....Marcia Flores

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Could not ask for a better surgeon. A little quite but that is better than some one who never stops talking . He gives you the time you need. I am now almost a year post hip surgery and have been hiking , dancing , swimming , work out at the gym and I can play with my grandchildre n and my husband. What more could you want.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2546824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I went to Dr. Toma with a bad hip causing many sleepless nights and pain due to walking.
He suggested a hip replacement and I am extremely please with the results.
I was able to ride my motorcycle over 4, 000 miles 7 weeks after surgery and I did a 6 mile high sierra hike at 9 weeks post surgery.
I generally run in the other direction from surgery and the mention of it but this surgery has been a very positive experience and if need I would do it again on my other hip.
Thanks Dr. Toma,
Kurt

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2494278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr. Toma was the best. Prior to the surgery I was unable to walk without being in extreme pain. On the night of the surgery, I was able to walk around the hospital floor with the use of the walker and no pain (other than what would be expected from surgery). During post-op there was no bruising and I was able to return home two days after surgery and walk up 14 steps to my room. The surgical procedure went smoother than I could ever imagine and Dr. Toma was an answer to prayer.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][987094].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

I had both hips replaced, one April 30th second June 25th. Both Anteria method. It is now August 5th and I am just walking without a cane from the second surgery. Dr Toma has accommodated my every need both medically and his staff behind the scenes. I highly recommend Dr Toma, my experience with him and results have been outstanding.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][987093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

Dr Toma is simply the very best at what he does and is professional, courteous, humble, reassuring and keeps you fully informed. I can not think of any MD I have seen in my 53 years on this Earth that I would rate higher

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][987092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Several visits by myself and my wife. He has always been attentive and has provide the best care we have received for normal orthopoedic troubles. Can recommend without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][987091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2009

After 2 months in physical therapy with an impinged tendon in my shoulder and no idea what my injury either entailed or needed, Dr. Toma took the time to help me understand. He spent a good 20-30 mins answering my questions and weighing the pros and cons of different options, not once making me feel rushed or unimportant. The Muir Orthopedics' staff was equally as patient and helpful as the doctor, and the clinic, although large, ran extremely efficiently for its size. Yet the quality of the care I received surpasses that of most doctors I've seen in my lifetime. In addition, the clinic offers a 20% discount for cash/uninsured patients, and the doctor even recommended against expensive cortisone shots that would have increased his profits! I would highly recommend this doctor, and the clinic (of which he is a partial founder/owner), as my experience was both pleasant and invaluably helpful. Dr. Toma gave me the attention and care all patients deserve.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][987090].votes_count ]]