Dr. Ash Tewari

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 19/02/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. Ash Tewari has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

23/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.5
RID: 5333268
05/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tewari is a compassion, kind and patient doctor. He and his staff are very professional and spend as much time answering any questions. His staff will do research on items you may have. They are very thorough and explain every option you have. I have recommended my family MD to him as well and I would trust him with any of my family members.  Respond
RID: 5313869
27/03/14 5 5 5 5 2 years ago after an unusual jump in my PSA it was suggested that I see a Prostate Surgeon. Dr. Ash Tewari was the name I heard the most, and rightly so.After my intial consultation with him,his compassionate manor, his patience with all my questions and fears, and his level of experience we knew this was the right choice. After thorough diagnostic testing and evaluation, I have been fortunate to be a candidate for active surveillance at this time. His office staff is professional and compassionate. His office manager Vicki has navigated our scheduling needs, and the rest of his medical staff has been prompt with the responses needed and sensitive to our visits from Florida. Dr. Tewari could be a candidate for a humanitarian award. The level of confidence you feel while you are under his care is outstanding. If surgery is indicated for me down the line, my wife and I have piece of mind we are with the best there is.
RID: 5233444
11/03/14 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Tewari by four different people. He is simply the best. I am 44 years old and 9 weeks after surgery I am on my way to being 100%. And most important... I have no cancer. My PSA is zero. I am married with three kids so this is the most important thing and my wife an I are extremely grateful. Besides Dr. Tewari's skill, his humility and genuine care for his patients is second to none. In a world where it is all about profit, Dr. Tewari and his staff's approach is refreshing. And hat's off to Leslie who talked me through a few bumps and was always positive from the start. Whether it be a text message, an email or a phone call, I could always count on her to get back to me with an answer and a positive uplifting response. It is very rare that a doctor and his staff, who are so skilled, also have such exceptional bedside manner.
RID: 5232618
10/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tewari is an extremely gifted surgeon and researcher. He methodically determined the best treatment for me. He has the most compassion and the best bedside manner that I have ever experienced from a docotr. He takes the time to listen to, and answer, every question you have. His medical and office staff are very caring and take an interest in each patients' individual needs.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5231385
09/03/14 5 5 5 5 DR TEWARI IS THE BEST, HAS STAFF FROM IS OFFICE TO SURGERY STAFF THEY ARE SO PROFESSIONAL ,CARING ,FRIENDLY,NICE ,UNDERSTANDING ,YOU WILL NOT FIND A MORE CARING BUNCH OF GREAT PEOPLE THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU . I WANT THANK DENISE ,VICKY ,AND HELEN YOU 3 ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST AND I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR BEING SO NICE AND HONESTY , THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU . DR ASH TEWARI THANK YOU SO MUCH  Respond
RID: 5224874
06/03/14 5 5 5 5 His modesty and kindness perfectly complements the professionalism and excellence of this top robotic surgeon. Dr. Tewari’s team of doctors, nurses and staff took amazing care of me as I battled early stage prostate cancer (e.g. Gleason 3+4, PSA 8.1). I am forever indebted to Dr. Tewari, and would highly recommend him to others.
RID: 5218011
02/03/14 5 5 5 5 I was intially introduced to Dr. Tewari as the result of a second opinion referral in January of 2014 for prostate cancer. I went online prior to meeting with Dr. Tewari and was much impressed by his background information. Upon meeting with him, I was set at ease by his demeanor and sense of genuine concern. I had my prostate surgery on February 18, 2014 which turned out to be very successful and since then have been in contact with his staff for post operative follow up. I have found the pre-operative team, post-operative team and office staff to be both caring and professional.I am more than happy that I chose Dr. Tewari, his team and Sinai Hospital to have my procedure done.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2715952
23/07/13 5 4 5 5 Great doctor with a very sensitive manner, low key but confident. I felt I was in good hands the whole time and the results have been excellent.
RID: 2602996
29/03/13 4 2 3 5 18 months post surgery,stress incontince issues.Minimal sexual function not happy but alive
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2564755
19/02/13 5 5 5 5 I am scheduling surgery with Dr. Tewari. After two visits to see him from Connecticut I know he is the right choice for me. Not only is he tremendously skilled in his profession, he is a compassionate caring human being. I'm scared to death of having surgery. This will be my first. But having a team led by Dr. Tewari and ably assisted by his assistant Chip, my fears will subside. Those of you reflecting on your experiences have given the courage I need to address my prostate cancer. I thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I know I'm not walking alone into that operating room. May you all remain cancer free and have long happy lives. Dr. Tewari, I'll call LInda to schedule first thing in the morning. Lets get this over with.
RID: 2505926
19/12/12 5 5 5 5 Besides being a brilliant and highly competent doctor, Dr. Tewari is a true gentleman. The care that my husband (and I as his wife) received prior to his surgery for prostate cancer, during the procedure itself, and now in the recovery stage, has been nothing short of phenomenal. It is very rare that you find such a great bedside manner in a world-renowned surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Tewari!!!!
Insurance: GHI
RID: 2402690
16/08/12 5 5 5 5 IN MARCH 2005, MY BROTHER (75 yrs OLD) AND I (73 yrs old), HAD BACK-TO-BACK ROBOTIC SURGERY BY DR. TEWARI. HE AT 7:30 AM AND I AT 1:30PM, AND DR. TEWAARI DID ANOTHER MAN'S SURGERY AT 5 PM, ALL THE SAME DAY. AT 12 NOON THE NEXT DAY, MY BROTHER AND I WALKED OUT OF NY PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL WITHOUT AID. 7 YEARS LATER WE BOTH ARE CANCER FREE. HE'S THE BEST !!!
RID: 2150500
20/05/12 5 5 5 5 My husband was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer at age 46. We were shocked with the diagnosis and I immediately went to work researching drs and procedures. Dr. Tewari is among the best and when we went to see him we knew how lucky we were that we found him. My husband had a very successful surgery last month. Dr. Tewari and his staff are the absolute best. I couldn't imagine our lives being in better hands. We are so thankful to have found such a brilliant surgeon and wonderful staff. My husband is cancer free and I would recommend Dr. Tewari very highly. He is the absolute best!  Respond
24/02/12 Ash Tewari's prostate cancer blog: http://nycrobotics.com/blog/2012/02/24/eau2012/  Respond
RID: 1481889
08/07/11 5 3 5 5 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in Aug. 2006 at the age of 44. After researching treatments, I found Dr Tewari and set up an appt. he and his staff were nothing short of toal professionals who care about each individual patient they treat.Five years later I remain cancer free and I think God each day that I was fortunate to find him and have him conduct the robotic procedure.  Respond
RID: 1382710
09/03/11 5 4 5 5 I had robotic surgery 20 months ago. I am from New Jersey and traveled to NY just for him. He is simply the best. His professional approach to this surgery far exceeds others. A complete explanation of the proceedure was explained thoughly prior to the surgery. The results are far more than expected. I would recommend no one other than Dr. Ash Tewari. His staff is also very supported, alway available with a return email ASAP. He is the best.
RID: 1208474
15/07/10 5 4 5 5 I had robotic surgery with Dr. tewari two years ago. I did extensive research into all the variuos treatments available to me at the time, and chose Dr. tewari and robaotc surgery. I couldn'y be happier. I was continent less than 6 weeks afte surgery and had no erectile problems even immediately after surgery. My follow up visits are always a joy. Dr. tewari remebers me and my wife, his staff is always friendly and efficient. Aftewr my surgery Dr.Tewari called me weekly for the first month. I almost always missed his calls because I was at yoga class!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1163106
05/05/10 5 5 5 5 When my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer at age 45, we were so extremely fortunate to have found Dr. Tewari. My husband called his office, never dreaming he could get in to see a world-renowned physician, and Dr. Tewari called him personally the same day. Surgery was less than a month later, in August, 2009. We traveled from Wisconsin and stayed in NY for 2 weeks. My husband is now cancer-free, was fully continent 6 weeks post-surgery, and has regained sexual function. All surgeons are NOT created equal. If you want the best possible results, Dr. Tewari is your guy. Not only is Dr. Tewari a fantastic surgeon, but he is an exceptional human being. He is relentlessly positive, humble, tireless, and passionate about his work. His staff is top-notch as well. They made our Christmas card list this year. :) If you are a candidate for prostate surgery, I urge your consideration of Dr. Tewari as strongly as I can.  Respond
RID: 1141223
01/04/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Tewari is a superb surgeon and a wonderful human being. It is so rare to find the combination of highly skilled physician and caring doctor, but Dr Tewari has mastered it all. I cannot express how pleased I have been with his care, his concern for me as a patient, the time he spent with me and my family, and the top-notch artistry he has as a surgeon. He is truly amazing!
RID: 1120124
04/03/10 4 3 5 5 My husband and I found Dr Tewari to be a very kind, patient, informative surgeon when we consulted him for a 2nd opinion regarding robotic prostatectomy.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 953673
03/08/09 5 5 5 5 Just a fantastic doctor and human being. Never have I heard of a doctor who answered phone calls from patients during his vacation. He presence made the this difficult process go much more smoothly than we could have ever hoped for and I would have not placed myself in the hands of anyoe but Dr.Tewari and his team.
RID: 838183
22/03/09 5 4 5 5 His office staff and knowledge are the best I ever experienced. Most humble and considerate physician I have ever encountered. Always pushing to learn more about how he can better himself and his skills for the good of his patients.
RID: 779515
02/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tewari is the Guru of Robotic Prostatectomy. See this website http://video.aol.com/video-detail/robotic-prostatect.... I traveled from Australia to New York to be treated by the best & received the expected, best possible result. His CV says it all. See this website http://www.cornellurology.com/uro/cornell/faculty/cv.... He is a really caring, genuine guy and an absolute genius in his field.  Respond
RID: 408797
14/09/05 5 5 5 During my visit I felt that I was treated very well.I would absolutely recommend this doctor to my family and friends.  I felt this visit was an amazing success!Overall I would rate this visit : outstanding!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user