Rate Dr. Ash Tewari

Dr. Ash Tewari's Ratings

Okay these reviews are probably written by people that were not actual patients of the doctor. I also went to Dr. Tewari because he was the only one we were quickly able to set up an appointment with. He was switching hospitals at the time, and it was one of the worst experiences. It would take weeks to get into contact with him, or for him to call back. Most of the time we were left speaking with the Nurse Practitioner. He always has someone else handling his business. Its a surprise if most patients even get to see him other than the initial meeting. My father had prostate cancer removed in late 2013, and it was a Urology resident student that did the operation. Eight months after the fact, the PSA levels have risen again, and now my father has to go in for Radiation/Chemotherapy depending on what the Ct scan says next week. All of these reviews may be good, but I have seen a lot of patients at the hospital who drive 5 hours to see this doctor, and end up meeting him only once. We have had to stop by the office in the city multiple times and waiting there for half hour-hour you have a chance to talk to some of the other patients. When you speak with him, he makes you feel as if everything will be okay. But horrible experience overall. Horrible staff as well. I hope they have got more organized, because the secretary was consistently asking for this document or that document, and then misplacing everything. Im of Indian descent myself, and I tend not to go with other Indian people for any type of job, whether doctor, mechanic, architect, etc. Same goes here. If you decide to see him, your choice, you may have a better experience than we did, but my father trusted him on the basis we were from the same country as the doctor. But before you do, nationally known or not, ask yourself whens the last time you met an Indian person that was an expert at what they do? Im not saying good in a particular trade, but the best? Because that was what we were told with Dr. Tewari. When it comes to something like prostate cancer, you don't want to take risks for the sake of a well known name. I understand there are risks, and not all operations go as planned or have 100% guarantee, and I can accept that. But the whole experience, from the meetings, to speaking with staff (When he was at the Presbyterian Hospital he had wonderful staff; new hospital, new staff), to the drive out to the city when we could have just done lab work at a local place near us and send it to his office ( We live an hour and a half away in upstate New York and my father works 6 days a week, so it would have been convenient, but of course he says he wants to see you personally, probably to collect on the money), is why I give him a horrible review. If your thinking of going with a doctor, just speak with other doctors and take the time to get to know them. See if they give you the good news as well as the bad news. Dr. Tewari may make you feel confident when you first meet him, but if you're dealing with a thing like prostate cancer which could metastasize into the bones, just take the time to consider speaking with another doctor at the very least.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

2 years ago after an unusual jump in my PSA it was suggested that I see a Prostate Surgeon. Dr. Ash Tewari was the name I heard the most, and rightly so.After my intial consultation with him,his compassionate manor, his patience with all my questions and fears, and his level of experience we knew this was the right choice. After thorough diagnostic testing and evaluation, I have been fortunate to be a candidate for active surveillance at this time. His office staff is professional and compassionate. His office manager Vicki has navigated our scheduling needs, and the rest of his medical staff has been prompt with the responses needed and sensitive to our visits from Florida. Dr. Tewari could be a candidate for a humanitarian award. The level of confidence you feel while you are under his care is outstanding. If surgery is indicated for me down the line, my wife and I have piece of mind we are with the best there is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][987174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Tewari is a compassion, kind and patient doctor. He and his staff are very professional and spend as much time answering any questions. His staff will do research on items you may have. They are very thorough and explain every option you have. I have recommended my family MD to him as well and I would trust him with any of my family members.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2436703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Tewari by four different people. He is simply the best. I am 44 years old and 9 weeks after surgery I am on my way to being 100%. And most important... I have no cancer. My PSA is zero. I am married with three kids so this is the most important thing and my wife an I are extremely grateful. Besides Dr. Tewari's skill, his humility and genuine care for his patients is second to none. In a world where it is all about profit, Dr. Tewari and his staff's approach is refreshing. And hat's off to Leslie who talked me through a few bumps and was always positive from the start. Whether it be a text message, an email or a phone call, I could always count on her to get back to me with an answer and a positive uplifting response. It is very rare that a doctor and his staff, who are so skilled, also have such exceptional bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][987196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Tewari is an extremely gifted surgeon and researcher. He methodically determined the best treatment for me. He has the most compassion and the best bedside manner that I have ever experienced from a docotr. He takes the time to listen to, and answer, every question you have. His medical and office staff are very caring and take an interest in each patients' individual needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][987195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

DR TEWARI IS THE BEST, HAS STAFF FROM IS OFFICE TO SURGERY STAFF THEY ARE SO PROFESSIONAL ,CARING ,FRIENDLY,NICE ,UNDERSTANDING ,YOU WILL NOT FIND A MORE CARING BUNCH OF GREAT PEOPLE THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU . I WANT THANK DENISE ,VICKY ,AND HELEN YOU 3 ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST AND I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR BEING SO NICE AND HONESTY , THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU . DR ASH TEWARI THANK YOU SO MUCH

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][987194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

His modesty and kindness perfectly complements the professionalism and excellence of this top robotic surgeon. Dr. Tewari’s team of doctors, nurses and staff took amazing care of me as I battled early stage prostate cancer (e.g. Gleason 3+4, PSA 8.1). I am forever indebted to Dr. Tewari, and would highly recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][987193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I was intially introduced to Dr. Tewari as the result of a second opinion referral in January of 2014 for prostate cancer. I went online prior to meeting with Dr. Tewari and was much impressed by his background information. Upon meeting with him, I was set at ease by his demeanor and sense of genuine concern. I had my prostate surgery on February 18, 2014 which turned out to be very successful and since then have been in contact with his staff for post operative follow up. I have found the pre-operative team, post-operative team and office staff to be both caring and professional.I am more than happy that I chose Dr. Tewari, his team and Sinai Hospital to have my procedure done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][987192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Great doctor with a very sensitive manner, low key but confident. I felt I was in good hands the whole time and the results have been excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][987191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

18 months post surgery,stress incontince issues.Minimal sexual function not happy but alive

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][987190].votes_count ]]