Rate Dr. Lisa A. Scudder

Dr. Lisa A. Scudder's Ratings

Today was my first visit at this office as a new patient. I was less than thrilled by my experience. The office staff and nurse was great. I didn't see the dr but a resident in her office. The resident didn't have any knowledge especially on Coumadin as the reason I went to the doctor to get back on my med. I explained to the resident why I was on Coumadin and she didn't seem to be listening. She asked my how I came to realize I needed Coumadin. She then told me in order to prescribe me my med I need a physical for which I need to make another appointment for as well as blood work. I get the blood work but there is no reason I need a physical to get back on my Coumadin which ultimately I could die if I don't take it. I had an early am apt and as of 5:30 my med still hasn't been called in. I'd like to see how the actual dr handles things before I make my ultimate decision to continue going. But I do know next time I will not see the resident and if I get a script it will be in hand!!

Submitted Jan. 21, 2014 | flag

My mom followed Dr Scudder after she left Dr Granell to start her own practice, she always talked so highly of her that I switched, however, once she started weight loss program, she stopped caring about tient care. She not only mistreated my mom for IBS for four months, she made her poor nurse Lana call my mom to tell her she has cancer. We found out because my dad demanded she be admitted to the hospital for testing. One blood test would have found it earlier, but that would have involved Dr Scudder caring. After surgery and finding out she had stage 3 Ovarian cancer, Scudder wrote her off and never even checked on her. My mom was with her over 10 years. My moms gynecologist, dentist and even optometrist checked on her but her own primary never did. Shame on you and your neglect! My mom might still be alive if you had done your job properly during the four months she kept coming to see you to get help, rather than assuming IBS.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2012 | flag

Got in to see Dr. Scudder quickly and found the young nurse to very nice and caring. Dr. Scudder was great and because of her help I have lost 30 lbs. in the last 3 months. I would recommend her to anyone who has a weight problem.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

My initial visit was great. The people were nice. Then when I tried to get a refill on ambien (insomnia) i had called 5 times and they never returned a call. When i reached a nurse i would be told they are putting in the order and will call me back when they had it done, but never received one return call in 3 weeks. I had CVS call and fax them on 4 seperate occasions and they never recieved a return call. The one time they faxed in the script it had no quantity or dosage amount on it, so the pharmacy could not fill it. When i went into her office to confront them on such poor support she would not even see me and they handed me a peice of paper through window saying she is no longer my doctor. Don't ever visit this place. Horrible Horrible Service.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Scudder's for about 6 years, for both Family practice & for Weight Management. While the staff is a bit "cool" at first, once they get to know you they are warm, friendly, & very caring. The initial coolness I think is probably just because they are so busy, and they are trying to handle heavy workloads without becoming emotionally attached to each patient's individual situation. I made it a point to "draw them in" and be friendly with them & the results were wonderful! (You get what you give-karma!) The nurse, Lana, and front office manager, Cecilia, are sweethearts who get the job done! Dr. Scudder is, without a doubt, the best doctor I've ever had... she genuinely listens, cares, and takes the time needed with you that you deserve. She listens & make every effort to know everything you're going through in life that is bringing stress to your current medical issue. She makes practical suggestions and prescribes necessary care plans. She's the best!

Submitted Jan. 18, 2011 | flag

She's great. Doesn't rush. Answers questions. Explains well. Personable: treats me like a human being, not a number.

Submitted July 12, 2010 | flag

I was 15 minutes early for my appointment Dr. stated she has an emergency patient that morning. Her assistant Amy was extremely rude and yelled at me for not being understanding when I had to wait almost 3 hours past my appointment to be seen.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2010 | flag

She is a great doctor. I have been seeing her for over 5 years. Her staff is great, they are all the same people that heave been with her since the beginning. Her nurse Lana is the greatest. I would highly recommend this wonderful caring doctor.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2009 | flag

Front desk is horrible at least the one lady that meets you at the window. Very rude and inpatient. Not sure why everytime I go (every 3 mos) I have to complete the same paper work over especially if there is no change. Why there is a charge to get a copy of your lab results. Especially at $1 a page. On the other hand Dr Scudder is great - the nursing staff always calls back with my testing results. Prescriptions are called in w/in a reasonable amount of time. If you can over look the other things (which I have) this is a great physician.

Submitted July 14, 2009 | flag

I was here in 12/2006. The staff was very rude and unprofessional and the wait was very long. However, the dr. was great - she listened and did not rush me as she addressed each of my health concerns. Despite liking the doctor, I decided not to go back because it wasn't worth it to have to deal with her staff. I don't see why she doesn't just hire a better staff so people will stop giving her bad reviews.

Submitted June 11, 2009 | flag