Rate Dr. Teresa P. Avants

Dr. Teresa P. Avants's Ratings

I would never recommend her to anyone unless they wanted a C-section...she finds any reason to induce people, so she can get a C-section and make more $$! She uses an OLD DINOSAUR ULTRASOUND MACHINE and says it's just as accurate as the newer ones!Technology changes! She's disrespectful infront of others and wants to cross off another delivery on her list. She will act like she will respect your wishes but doesn't happen. She lectured me like I was a child and kept trying to say my baby was going to die, have brain damage, or the chord will be wrapped around. I WOULDN'T SUGGEST GOING TO SOMEONE WHO HAS SUCH A NEGATIVE OUTLOOK ALREADY! Anything can happen...but don't tell a mom repeatedly that my baby wasn't going to make it or have problems! I had to go to higher authority to have a re-test of what she claimed was A RISK! Wasn't a risk...it was her incompetence of measuring fluid. If you want respect and have a say in your health decisions and child's...go to a different OB.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2014 | flag

I am looking to change doctors. My first visit was almost a two hour wait and they cancelled my sencond visit twice. She seems that she has way too many patients in my opinion. She takes about 30 seconds in the room with you and doesn't give ANY meaningful information and asks very few questions. I left a message for her staff about something important and they never called me back. I would not recommend her to anyone even if she is nice.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2013 | flag

Hands down the best doctor in the area. Yes, she is often running behind, but that is because she is not in a rush while she's in the exam room with you. Staff is FABULOUS as well. They are always smiling and working hard to make things easier for the patient. I often had to bring my other kids with me and everyone, including Dr. Avants treated them like they were special. Delivery experiences were great as well. I think any experience you have depends on your attitude anyway. Go in with a good attitude and you will be pleasantly surprised every time.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

DELIVERY: I believe Dr. Avants is scalpel happy. She always seemed to be "in surgery". She wanted to induce my labor a week before I was due. I thought this was just disgusting since I know induction increases the chance of a c-section. She admitted me to the hospital for induction. Most of my friends who went to her had the same experience. I believe she just wanted to cut my baby out because she thought she was going to be big. Doctors are fearful of lawsuits and they are quick to cut. Also, you get more money from the insurance company if you perform a c-section. I resent her for my c-section. FINANCIAL: Dr. Avants requests that you "prepay" for prenatal/delivery/postnatal services. When it takes SEVERAL months to get the money back that you are owed, I would say that it is insurance fraud.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2012 | flag

I wouldn't know if she is knowledgeable because none was shared with me. I had an ultra sound for fibroids and she didn't have the time to look over it with me. Told me to look on internet. Didn't answer any of my questions.

Submitted July 9, 2012 | flag

Her office take a very long time to process documents and the doctor takes 2 hrs to see her patients. Its ridiculous also shes always in a hurry. She has too many patients and so busy all the time I feel she doesnt really pay the enough attention or time for her patients.

Submitted March 23, 2012 | flag

My mom had an emergamcy c-section w her 4th and Dr. A was great. Her last one was premature due to premature rupture of membranes and was given a steriod shot to boost babys lungs, and dr. A held her off for as long as possible and the baby came out very healthy but had to stay in the NICU for a couple days. She is a wonderful lady amd genuinly cares and spends whatever time nevessary w her patients. I would one day like to become an OB/GYN and i look up to dr .a , her in office staff is very helpful and her nurse practitioner is very good too. She would also see my mom when Dr. A wasnt available and she also saw me once and it went well.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Avants for 15 years and she is by far the best Doctor I have ever had. I had 2 high risk pregnancies and she took wonderful care of my babies, delivering them safely. I've had 2 serious issues with my own health and once again she came to my rescue. I spent three weeks in the hospital and I can tell you the nurses were on the ball with my care and I heard repeatedly from them how thorough Dr. Avants is with her patients' care. For a short time, due to insurance I had to go to a different GYN and let me tell you, it was horrible! I felt like something on an assembly line. I read the other comments and I realize that things can go wrong but you can't always blame the doctor. With my extensive experience with Dr. Avants I can honestly tell you that she cares so much for her patients and really does everything in her power to take care of you. I truly believe that without her I my have lost both of my babies and my own life as well. Thank you Dr. Avants!

Submitted Sept. 29, 2011 | flag

Came to Dr. Avants with concern of leaking fluid which was not urine.She repeatedly said I has urinating in my pants. A few weeks later turns out I WAS leaking amniotic fluid due to ruptured membranes. She was rough during the exams and insensitive. She ended up going on vacation and I was followed by Dr. Gaio. Now she was awesome! I believe that Dr. Avants believed I didnt know what I was talking about due to being a first time mom at such a young age.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

Lousy staff. The main clerk cancelled twice on me in one day (after realizing she scheduled the appt. after office hours). Another incident, she called to cancel my appt. just minutes before I got there, because of "scheduling conflicts." She keeps rescheduling, only to cancel again. After 5 scheduled/cancelled appointments made by this clerk, I NEVER got to see the Dr. Thanks to that clerk, she PERMANENTALLY lost a patient for Dr. Avants. I miss Dr. Randall-Shih!

Submitted Aug. 14, 2011 | flag