Dr. Timothy McGillivray

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/12/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Timothy McGillivray has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Colorectal / Proctologist-related: colon surgery, rectal surgery, colitis, colorectal cancer
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5675626
24/07/14 5 5 5 5 His is the best colon surgery doctor in the Torrance, PV and southbay areas. If you have acid reflux, make sure his team and the anesthesiologist know to avoid complications.
Insurance: Anthem

12/11/13 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Surgeon (general)" to "Colorectal / Proctologist"
RID: 2709914
16/07/13 5 5 5 5 Out of all 4 doctors I had to see when diagnosed with anal cancer, Dr McGillivray was by far my favorite. he's up front about what is going on and explains your existing problem in detail. he is the doc I choose for my every 3 month check up for the next 2 yrs
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2529500

13/01/13 5 5 1 1 I don't like to write negative reviews but i feel compelled to warn future consumers that I do not feel like I received an adequate level of care from Dr. Mcgillivray. I felt like I was purposely given a diagnosis that would require surgery so that he could make more money off my insurance. The diagnosis I was given was completely inaccurate and had none of the symptomology that is typically associated with this type of disorder. If I had gone thru with the surgery I would have been forced to endure the unnecessary pain and potential permanent scarring caused from the evasive procedure. I do not know what to make of this experience except that I feel less trusting of doctors.  Respond
RID: 2483445
27/11/12 5 5 5 5 ars now and I have never had a bad experience with Him or his staff. From the moment you walk in to the office you are greeted with friendly front desk staff and nurses  Respond
RID: 2478492
19/11/12 5 5 5 5 I had surgery with Dr. McGillivray last week and he was FANTASTIC!! It's always a scary thing to have that area of the body worked on and he is totally understanding and explains things. he is also very silly and funny which is nice. I would recommend him to anyone who has problems.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1375453
01/03/11 5 5 5 5 excellent patient doctor rapport.I was referred by primary care doctor and felt comfortable from the 1st visit.Outpatient surgery by this doctor on 2/22/11.Pre op info was professional,thoroughly explained and procedure was successful and post surgery discomfort was less than I anticipated and thought I would experience..This doctor has my thanks and utmost satisfaction,respectand I very highly recommend him..
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 641610
17/07/08 5 5 5 5 The nicest funniest doctor. DR. McGillivray is very thorough, knowledgeable, and takes time to listen to his patients and answer their questions. He made me feel at ease instantly and assuaged my fears concerning surgery.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 616692
18/06/08 4 5 5 5 Dr. McGillivray performed two operations for my mom. He played a critical role in saving her life with her cancer surgery. As a patient advocate, I understand health care and the key role your doctor plays in one's survival. Dr. McGillivray is the surgeon you want in your time of need. He will listen to you and will work with you. He endured my endless questions and welcomed my participation. He is the ultimate doctor.
Insurance: Secure Horizons
RID: 605476
03/06/08 5 4 5 5 Performed surgery on me. Easy to talk to; explained everything & had a good sense of humor
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 408208
05/01/06 5 5 5 He performed surgery for my loved one twice and saved her life. He is dedicated and the surgeon you want taking care of you when you're facing critical medical problems. He treated us well and provided the post surgery care she needed to reach a full recovery.  Respond
RID: 408207
01/10/05 5 5 5 During my visit I felt that I was treated very well.I would absolutely recommend this doctor to my family and friends.  I felt this visit was a big help.Overall I would rate this visit : outstanding!  Respond