Rate Dr. James L. Benoit

Dr. James L. Benoit's Ratings

This is a great Doctor. What I like best about him : He takes time to explain everything,and does it in a caring ,professional manner.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Benoit is a very caring and open minded doctor. He was referred to me by a friend out of state. I see him every 2 1/2 months fot treatment of chronic pain and other serious healt conditionds. He is the kind of doctor who listens carefully and then makes his recommendations based on my symptoms. I really like him, however, it's his staff that needs to work on their communication skills. I have to call 2 or more times just to get them to call me back. They often get confused with simple questions or instructions. I think Dr. Benoit needs to sit them down at a staff meeting to remind them that the patient comes first and foremost. If they could only show a little more caring and responsibily to the patient, that office would be 100% more effective.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2010 | flag

Dr. Benoit has been my doctor, my husband's, my mom's, my daughter's & her neighbor's for years. He is primarily available to listen to our concerns and has responded with appropriate treatment for our illnesses. The amazing part is the extremely prompt telephone response to our requests. No other doctor in my lifetime has had such a wonderful support system to be able to respond is this manner. The hospital he works with, St. Jude is a fantastic hospital. We trust him with our lives. If need be, he will direct us properly to a doctor who will treat that particular problem.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2010 | flag

Dr. Benoit is an excellent care provider. he is my father's doctor. there is no one i trust more to take care of my dad than Dr. Benoit.He goes above and beyond what is required to see that his needs are met. i would recommend him to anyone seeking an excellent and caring physician.

Submitted May 28, 2009 | flag

My daughter(16yr) went in for presure on her chest and pain down her arm. This would happen when ever she would exert herself (she was in very good shape so this was very alarming). He just said she is too young for a heart problem, never ran any test and treated her for acid reflux. That treatment did not resolve anything and an oral surgon noticed her heart rate and immediatley stopped the procedure he was doing and called me to say this was not acid reflux. I self refered to a specialist( I can do this under my ins plan) and no sooner did the specialist find a problem that Dr. Benoit calls my home, leavs a message that I cannot go to any Dr. without his approval and I should learn how my insurance works. (Strange, I never have rcv'd calls back for med questions) NEWS FLASH DOCTOR - I contacted my insurance prior to the self referal and I am not the one who needs to learn. This Dr. needs to brush up on the insurance he accepts and more important his medical skills.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

Dr. Benoit is very good in sticking to his appointments. He has an excellent command of the medicines available to treat and alieve problems I have had. I highly recommend him to all patients who need a good general doctor to treat their conditions. He is very professional and his staff is well-informed.

Submitted June 27, 2007 | flag