Rate Dr. Ruwanthi S. Campano

Dr. Ruwanthi S. Campano's Ratings

Dr. Campano removed my thyroid and did an amazing job. My scar is barely noticeable. Her staff is amazing even tho the wait to be seen can be long.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag

Tonsils out. Incredible pain post-op. Bleeding on Halloween night. Left message as heading to ER. Doc called me back right away and helped me get bleeding under control. Didn't have to go to emergency room. Worked with me to get meds to my Pharmicy over the phone. Follow up was good. Only issue I had was an initial snafu with scheduling that caused me to have to delay surgery. Directions on getting labs and everything I needed was given to me at an assumed level of understanding. Took some figuring out but got it straight. The staff worked with me to get the results pushed to my PCM for release for surgery. Overall, my experience has been very good considering the recovery was so very bad. I would reccomend this doctor to others.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

I felt like she never helped me with my issues... went to her several times with negative results.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2011 | flag

I had post-op MRSA after a procedure with Dr. Campano. She was not interested in helping me, too busy. MRSA can be fatal. I sought care with another doctor who helped me. I was stupid to go for the post-op visit to see her and she was rude to me as she did not like the treatment the other doctor had prescribed. I do not recommend her.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

I had suffered from a thyroid problem for over 17 years, on and off with it being too high and too low. i had trouble with my jobs, and basic functioning. i went to dr campano and she immediately knew what to do. i had surgery and i'm cured!!! i now have plenty of energy and am back to my own self. thank you so much for giving me my life back!!!

Submitted March 28, 2010 | flag

Horrible Horrible!! Her and her staff are rude and condescending! Anything I questioned or brought up regarding my sons treatment was blown off as if I were an idiot! Waited over an hour and half to see the doc and received no apology or explanation. When I asked about the wait the Dr. said it was always going to be a long wait. And proceeded to be even more rude to me. NOT good with children at all, no patience. The final straw was after arguing with the dr. and staff over trivial things when scheduling surgery, I received a call from her office a few days later stating they would NOT do the surgery and were referring my son back to his pediatrician. More concerned with her plastic/cosmetic surgery rather than being an ENT dr., as is obvious by the glaring botox ads and the infomercial video playing non stop in the waiting room!! Would NOT recommend, see another doctor if you can!!! I am reporting her to my insurance company to have her removed from the referral list.

Submitted March 4, 2010 | flag

In 5/06 Dr. Campano did my 4th. sinus surgery and corrected what the 3 previous surgeons did not do. On Tuesday she is performing a thyroidectomy on me and I know she will do a wonderful job. She is pleasent and cheerful. She is a tiny little thing but she is a hugh size surgeon. She is also a woman not a male as indicated above.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2009 | flag

My 5 yr old son has a very rare throat disease. I was refered to Dr.C by family doctor. She did one surgery to remove the throat obstruction. I felt certain that the obstruction came back. I could tell by his wheezing. She said everything was fine. I was not convinced. I took my son to Childrenes Hospital, he was taken in right away and operated on within 1 day. He indeed had a life threatening obstruction in his throat. My son could suffocated. I felt disapointed to say the least with Dr.C. She is an incredibly nice person, and I am sure extremely smart. I feel like she was not well versed in the rare condition my son has. She should have swallowed her pride, and just said I DONT KNOW what is wrong with your son, you need to see another doctor.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2009 | flag

Worst doctor ever.She nor her staff have no clue. Never will step foot in her office again

Submitted Aug. 16, 2009 | flag

Went for consultation to get estimate on laser treatment primarily for capillary on left side of nose. Was conned into a series of IPL Treatments for the rest of my face and laser specifically for the left side of nose. Was told that a series of 3 treatments would be needed for each and the total fee $900 ($600 for the IPL & $300 for the laser) which was ALL payable in advance. Although my neice told me to go to a dermatologist, I was taken-in by Dr. C's "spiel" about how she lives in this area and takes pride in her work so that when she sees her patient's "faces" around town she is proud,etc. Bottom line, after the 3rd and final treatment the capillary on the side of nose was bigger than ever. Made an appointment to show this to her fully expecting her to fix it. She looked at it, said it was refilling with blood from a "feeder" and would need a couple of more treatments. I expressed my dissatifaction as the nose was the main reason I went in ther

Submitted July 17, 2008 | flag