Dr. Jehan El-Bayoumi

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Jehan El-Bayoumi has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1
RID: 2623732
22/04/13 2 2 2 2 Gigi offers a certain number of medicine residency positions to medical graduates from foreign governments who give GW a lot of money. The problem is that the standards are often dropped for those who buy their residency positions rather than earn them.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2517953
01/01/13 5 5 5 5 On a scale of 1-5, Dr. El-Bayoumi is a 10 (ten). I have been blessed to have her as my doctor for 15 years and she has seen me through two life-threatening illnesses. She listens, she respects the patient (what I say about my health and my observations)is welcome and taken into account. When I was hospitalized for three weeks (17 days in ICU) she saw me almost every day (never submitted a bill) and gave invaluable support to my family. She communicates promptly by phone and email and shows enormous patience with questions and concerns. How many doctors give out their cell phone numbers? Well, Dr. El-B does. She is the best doctor in the area and. thankfully, she passes on her medical philosophy to her residents. I can tell a doctor who has learned under her just by the way they listen.
RID: 1353847
03/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. El Bayoumi is exceptional in knowledge and skill. She listens carefully and is very caring. She has taken very good care of me for many years. Larry Henson
RID: 1304426
30/11/10 5 5 5 5 A most caring and knowledgeable doctor praticing with the George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates..
RID: 1168586
13/05/10 5 4 5 5 She's been my Doctor for over a decade and no matter where my job is located or what insurance I have - I always go back to her.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1120908
05/03/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. El-Bayoumi is everything a patient could want in a medical professional. It's rare, as medicine has become more bureaucratized, to be under the care of a doctor who believes that there should be a relationship between the doctor and patient. Fortunately she imparts her approach to medicine to her residents. So it doesn't matter if your appt is with her or her resident, you are still under her care. To top it off, she is a great MD! There is no trade off between skill & style.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 943490
22/07/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. El-Bayoumi is one excellent Doctor. She is very knowledgeable and I believe being a doctor is her true calling. She is very sweet and takes a sincere interest in your healthcare. The residents that worked under her are very fortunate to have such a wonderful and experienced mentor. I would highly recommend her. Difficult to get appt with her because she is in very high demand.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 406333
16/07/07 5 5 5 Dr. Jehan El-Bayoumi, Gigi, is, by all means, the best. I am priviledged to have her as my physician since the mid 80s. Her attention, concerns, compassion, I do not call these services, all is what every patient wish to have in a physician.. What I received at my 1st visit to her office, mid-80s, is no more, no less than my last one in 2007. Gigi, thank you for being yourself.. I am blessed in many ways, one of them is you.. thank you, God bless you.. Siham B. Wehbi  Respond
RID: 406332
28/03/07 5 5 5 In 2001 I had the occasion to be treated by Dr. Jehan (GiGi)El-Bayoumi due to the absence of my PCP. I was very very impressed by her attentiveness, and thoroughness. I never felt rushed nor had the feeling that I was not being listened to. Not only did she answer many of my questions regarding my primary medical concern, she also provided me with medical information, and made recommendations that would help me regarding some of my other medical issues. In 2002, I became dissatisfied with the services I was receiving and began searching for another PCP. I remembered the service I received from Dr. El-Bayoumi, and subsequently selected her as my PCP. I have NEVER had one moment of regret. Over the years I met persons who are also patients of hers and found that they too share my same opinion, that she is an excellent doctor. I can truly say I am blessed to have her as my PCP. I would like to mentioned that that same year she convinced me to stop smoking. Deborath Battle  Respond
RID: 406331
05/09/05 5 5 5 During my visit I felt that I was treated very well.I would absolutely recommend this doctor to my family and friends.  I felt this visit was a big help.Overall I would rate this visit : outstanding!  Respond