Rate Dr. Mark A. Murphy

Dr. Mark A. Murphy's Ratings

I am a patient there. I have never been in any kind of trouble there or with the Dr before him. Ive been going there for probably around a year. I have only seen this drs. face 3times and one of the times I had to ask more than once. His staff tells me I talk to much and to shut up that the Latin or Spanish nurse and she laughs like its funny!!! Well I took a trip to Ca. And we stayed at beach 2 days then went and stayed in holiday inn in San Francisco cause I have never been there. Well a few days later I noticed my medicine was short and I told the white nurse at my next app. I went to hospital cause my wrist was hurting to have x-ray and specifically told them I didn't want any pain meds when they asked did I need something for pain. Anyway since I told the nurse what happenedshe asked was I able to stretch my medicine to make it last, I said I took my last one 3 or4 days earlier (which was when I was on 3 planes from 6:30am till 6:00pm. Somehow she twisted up the story and I told her my wrist was bothering me to and about trip to hosp. Cause those who know they want to know when you go to another dr. Well ended up I went to dr yesterday 10/14/14 and the I have generalized and social anxiety so I get nervous anyway well she is so loud and I start talking she tell me to SHUT UP THAT I TALK TO MUCH!! tells me what the white nurse said about my meds and why I was short. They said I tried to get pain meds from hospital when I told the hospital no I don't need any pain meds a just want my wrist x-rayed. Well the dr lowered my Norco from 120 to 90 a month and for those who know methadone there is no reason to abuse any opiate while your on methadone because there is no effect like euphoria cause the methadone blocks that feelingeven though she said you've never been in trouble I'm gonna talk to him or email him and let him know what's going on so she got nicer after I got upset! Well I went back today it was 2 black nurses no change in what was happening then they ask my number for random pill count and since I have to they asked why (personal question) I said I stay with my mother sometimes and my ex wife sometimes they looked at each other and laughed I was being stereo typed. Well I'm refer to them by what I know on here cause I only know one girls name and if iwas to stereo type them I could have been like how many baby daddies you got but through all the laughing at me I somehow manage to keep cool as I always do. They are there to help people not laugh and giggle at people like they are 12 yrs old. Anyway just to be blunt if you want a dr that cares and you actually see face to face at the app you pay for this is not the dr to go to. Ive decided to start looking for a new Dr. My previous dr Aggarwall wasn't perfect but at least when I had a app. He came in the room and talked to me his self and you knew that so you didn't have to ask at your app. For a app. To see you dr that you payed to see at that app.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Dr.Murphy is great. He cares!! He listens to you. He DOES NOT PUSH ANYTHING ON YOU AT ALL!! I just wish the staff was better. They treat you like trash!! I know they have to put up with a lot but most people that come in just want to take drug test and get there meds and go home. I know so people try to get more and more meds but not all of us!! I have never been a problem or failed a drug test and a lot of times I am treated VERY bad. And I can not ask cause if I do I will be really on there bad list. I really wish Dr.Murphy was there more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

very pleased nice people in lab an office glad to be there

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2525325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Pleased with Dr. Staff is ok exept for office mg Talks hateful to pts. First visit was there from 10am-4pm. Spent 45min with dr the rest waiting

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

I have been a patient over a year, I complained that I never get to see the Dr after the first appointment, I was told that was the way it was, the nurses are nice sometimes but they are just nurses NOT NURSE PRACTIONERS!!. I feel like they are scamming the insurance company. I feel like the place is just a drug store. they just take your blood pressure (sometimes) and hand you your prescription. I did finally get to see the "DR" it was even quicker that the nurses, I had been to the ER and had several changes in my medications. Dr Murphy didn't even look at them just handed my my prescription, didn't even take my BP. I question whether he is an actual MD. The waiting room is always packed, and if you have someone take you they aren't allowed to wait inside with you, the staff yells every once in awhile for everybody that isn't a patient to get out and go set in their cars, don't stand outside near the door. Very unprofessional office and staff. I'm changing Dr's to REAL Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2437419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I have read many comments on the Dr., his staff, and wife. And been told opinions by other former and current patient, and trust me when I say you should make up your own mind about such things. If you had to deal with a population of people you were trying to help, but found it infested with others just trying to get a fix you might come across as rude as well. The Dr. Is kind,courtious, and knowledgeable. He is a humble man who relies on his staff for protection and to weed out the liars. I had my first experience with his wife a week ago. She is stern but if you are honest with her she is quite kind. May I suggest that ( and this is only a suggestion) that people who have issue with her may need weeding out. I know pain management is no joke for those who need it...but neither is addiction. Please make up your own mind... do not judge until you have a chance to experience them... try to look at it from their side... not just from a stubborn or ignorant standpoint. Thank u for helpin

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][996722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

This is the worst office & staff I have ever seen in my life. They are the most unorganized and rudest people!you wait forever and don't even see the dr! The receptionist needs to quit or be fired she is hateful and forget asking her a question because she will have a smart elic reply! Dr Murphy doesn't even run this place his staff does! I am speaking of the Madison office to be clear. Hate this place and would not recommend this dr to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][996721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

This was my first visit to pain management after many visits to orthapedic, spine and neuro and primary care physicians. I was treated with dignity and respect unlike many disappointments of the past. I wasn't just a number or an insurance claim. The staff was friendly and I even enjoyed a few laughs with them which helped to ease my tension. Dr. Murphy spent an hour with me even though he was extremely busy ,giving me a thorough examination and explanation of his intentions and his goals for me as his patient. Thank you your brother in Christ.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][996720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

This is a physician that is not only smart, but who REALLY cares. He spent over 30 minutes with me when his office was "SLAMMED" with not only his patients, but the patients that the State screwed over when they shut down Dr. Aggerwal. The State should have at least told Aggerwal's patients so they could try and tapper off. With that said, Dr. Murphy didn't rush and explained to me how the scar tissue in in my neck was suffocating my nerves and that's why my arm and neck hurt so bad and that's why my hand is swollen, discolored and has developed a slight tremor. I recommend Dr. Murphy to anyone that has had significant trauma to their spine, he is a TRUE professional!!!! Thank you Dr. Murphy, your beautiful wife and the kind staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][996719].votes_count ]]