Rate Dr. Mark A. Murphy

Dr. Mark A. Murphy's Ratings

A doctor that knows what he's doing, listens to the patient & doesn't try to force you to do anything you don't want or have already tried numerous times. The staff is nice & as long as you respect them, they'll respect you. They try to make everyone's visits not so stressful like other offices & they actually care about what's going on in your life unlike other offices I've been to. I would definitely recommend this dr to patients who have TRUE chronic pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Dr Murphy and staff are very respectful to me and I have never had a problem with no one at the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Dr.Murphy is a very good doctor. But like most people I agree about the staff. I will say 90% of the staff are terrible. My appointment was the other day and I had a very good and nice nurse for a change. I am like other people when they say that Dr.Murphy needs to be there more. Things go so much better when he is there. Like mine. November's appointment was a NITEMARE cause he was not there but Decembers appointment was great cause he was there and everything ran so much better. As I have read these reviews I must say the same PLEASE DR.MURPHY if you can please come to the office more. I swear to you the staff treat us like people when you are there and when you are not we are treated very bad. Anyone that reads this please understand Dr.Murphy cares and hewill help you. But be very careful what you say around the staff cause it will get twisted and they will talk down to you. Almost forgot if you need anything and you need to talk to the doctor 99% of the time the staff will not tell him. Just change your appointment to a day he is there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2643987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

I went to my appointment the other day and was treated like a dog. I like Dr.Murphy but his staff has to go. I am looking for another doctor now. I have been going there for 6 years and its been getting worse every time. Like I read in another review I just wish Dr.Murphy would open his eyes and see what's going on there. The so called nurses are a joke. They treat you bad. I know they have some problems with some people but we are all not the same. Dr.Murphy I hope you read this and I am sorry but I got to find another doctor. I think you really do care but your staff dont give a da-m about us. I wish you well!! One more thing, if you can Dr.Murphy talk to the people that see you without the nurses in the room and you will see what I am talking about.I know by me leaving is not going to hurt your business but before long it will. Again I wish you well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr.Murphy is great but some of the nurses are really bad. The other day I went in for my appointment and I had this nurse that has been working there about 3-4 months and she has to be the worst nurse ever. I will talk to Dr.Murphy next month about this issue. 90% of staff is the worst people ever. They treat you like trash. I wish Dr. Murphy could be a fly on the wall so he could see what goes on there. Also I really wish he could be more so we could talk more. I have been there 3years and only seen him twice.Please Dr.Murphy if there is anyway you could be there more I know things would be so much better. I talk to everyone there while we are waiting for drug test and they all say and feel the same way that it would be better for all. Dr.Murphy you are great and your wife and Amber are the best. Please Please come to the office more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

I go to his madison office wonderful doctor he is the only doctor whos pain block's work for me he listens to you and is extremly intelligent in his field as long as you follow the rules

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

This is the WORST medical office I gave ever been in. I am not a patient but have taken an elderly family member there several times. Dr. Murphy is a wonderful doctor and a very kind and caring man but his wife and some of the staff are horrible. I know that they deal with drug addicts continually but every doctors office deals with something annoying and stressful. They have NO RIGHT to talk to people who are honest caregivers in the manner in which I was spoken to when I requested to use their phone in an emergency after my cell phone battery went dead. I did not know the lady that was yelling at me was Dr. Murphys wife until later the same day. It was a horrible experience to tolerate since I was under tremendous stress as a caregiver for 3 family members. She needs to stop and think about what someone could be dealing with and not just concentrate on what she is dealing with. She ask questions that I could not begin to answer because she would butt in after I said two words. She was hateful and hurtful and just plain mean. I was not there as a drug seeker. I waited patiently for three hours just to give a nurse paperwork that they requested. All I ask her was to use the phone for an emergency. She seriously needs an evaluation for her anger issues. Thankfully due to the scene she made I will NEVER have to take my family member back to that office ever again. I would never wish that experience on anyone therefore I would never recommend Dr. Murphy to anyone and I will tell everyone I know about this so they will not have to ever endure this unnecessary ridiculous uncaring demeaning horrific experience. It's sad too because Fr. Murphy is really a very good doctor. My trust ended for him because he knows how people are treated by her and he could stop it and he chooses not to. I plan to report this to the proper agency because this treatment is beyond barbaric and there are guidelines that medical office staffs are to abide by. Animals in slaughter houses are treated better than I was treated by this woman and I have heard so many reports of her treating so many others the same way. This is not the only pain clinic. Fortunately there are many to choose from. An apology is definitely in order for this attack but I doubt that happens since clearly this sad miserable woman obviously has no heart and no conscience. You should be ashamed of yourself Mrs. Murphy and you should sit down and think about how your actions affect people and just for a second open your mind to the possibility that the load they are carrying is very heavy and the last thing they need is to be treated like a criminal. I am truly disgusted by the way I was treated and by the way I have seen others treated and by the way I have seen staff members treated. I don't know why the staff stays there. They must be very special people to tolerate this kind of barbaric treatment. Rest assured I will never forget what happened and I will never stop warning people of the kind of treatment they can expect from the office manager. I will also be sure to tell every doctor that I come in contact with what they would be sending their patients in to. As the caregiver of 3 people besides my husband and children I have contact with many doctors. I will warn each and every one of them along with every staff member of every medical office I ever step foot in along with every acquaintance both old and new. NOONE EVER DESERVES TO BE TREATED LIKE I WAS TREATED PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2598022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I am a patient there. I have never been in any kind of trouble there or with the Dr before him. Ive been going there for probably around a year. I have only seen this drs. face 3times and one of the times I had to ask more than once. His staff tells me I talk to much and to shut up that the Latin or Spanish nurse and she laughs like its funny!!! Well I took a trip to Ca. And we stayed at beach 2 days then went and stayed in holiday inn in San Francisco cause I have never been there. Well a few days later I noticed my medicine was short and I told the white nurse at my next app. I went to hospital cause my wrist was hurting to have x-ray and specifically told them I didn't want any pain meds when they asked did I need something for pain. Anyway since I told the nurse what happenedshe asked was I able to stretch my medicine to make it last, I said I took my last one 3 or4 days earlier (which was when I was on 3 planes from 6:30am till 6:00pm. Somehow she twisted up the story and I told her my wrist was bothering me to and about trip to hosp. Cause those who know they want to know when you go to another dr. Well ended up I went to dr yesterday 10/14/14 and the I have generalized and social anxiety so I get nervous anyway well she is so loud and I start talking she tell me to SHUT UP THAT I TALK TO MUCH!! tells me what the white nurse said about my meds and why I was short. They said I tried to get pain meds from hospital when I told the hospital no I don't need any pain meds a just want my wrist x-rayed. Well the dr lowered my Norco from 120 to 90 a month and for those who know methadone there is no reason to abuse any opiate while your on methadone because there is no effect like euphoria cause the methadone blocks that feelingeven though she said you've never been in trouble I'm gonna talk to him or email him and let him know what's going on so she got nicer after I got upset! Well I went back today it was 2 black nurses no change in what was happening then they ask my number for random pill count and since I have to they asked why (personal question) I said I stay with my mother sometimes and my ex wife sometimes they looked at each other and laughed I was being stereo typed. Well I'm refer to them by what I know on here cause I only know one girls name and if iwas to stereo type them I could have been like how many baby daddies you got but through all the laughing at me I somehow manage to keep cool as I always do. They are there to help people not laugh and giggle at people like they are 12 yrs old. Anyway just to be blunt if you want a dr that cares and you actually see face to face at the app you pay for this is not the dr to go to. Ive decided to start looking for a new Dr. My previous dr Aggarwall wasn't perfect but at least when I had a app. He came in the room and talked to me his self and you knew that so you didn't have to ask at your app. For a app. To see you dr that you payed to see at that app.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2578981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Dr.Murphy is great. He cares!! He listens to you. He DOES NOT PUSH ANYTHING ON YOU AT ALL!! I just wish the staff was better. They treat you like trash!! I know they have to put up with a lot but most people that come in just want to take drug test and get there meds and go home. I know so people try to get more and more meds but not all of us!! I have never been a problem or failed a drug test and a lot of times I am treated VERY bad. And I can not ask cause if I do I will be really on there bad list. I really wish Dr.Murphy was there more.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2528040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

very pleased nice people in lab an office glad to be there

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2525325].votes_count ]]