Rate Dr. Mark A. Murphy

Dr. Mark A. Murphy's Ratings

I personal have not ever had a problem with the Doctor or the staff. My haat goes off to everyone there. Linda Shelton

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

Dr.Murphy is cutting meds to everyone because he is in trouble!!! I bet he will close his doors soon. He has given so much meds to people that don't need them. Its sad that people took advantage of him but he should have known & now the real people in pain is going to suffer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

I left a comment on here a month ago praising Dr. Murphy & his staff but they've shown their true colors. They do NOT care about the patient, I requested 3 times to see the Dr & was sent to a nurse every time. He's now got the DEA or FDA looking at him being the #1 prescriber, so he's cutting everyone's medication in half, without warning, then cutting even more. I have NEVER failed a test, ALWAYS did what they said, NEVER gave them any trouble, but obviously this "doctor" doesn't give a shi* about patients, & literally the reason I was given for being cut is "nothing personal, he just has to save his butt because the important people are watching him now." If he was any good doctor who CARED about his patients & their quality of life, he would stick to what he's been writing his patients, especially the ones who have been there for years, on the same 1 pain medication, never failed a drug test, & he'd actually told me i was 1 of his best patients. Now my quality of life has dramatically decreased & i can't even play with my children like before, I can't sleep through the night, I can't hardly do anything I was able to do before he got all selfish. I can understand cutting people who are on several different narcotics, but cutting people who have LEGIT diagnoses, is outrageous & he deserves to be shut down since this is how he treats his GOOD patients, but gives the patients who fail test after test, the ones who sell their medicines, they get even more medication! It's RIDICULOUS. I used to love his office, but i realize now, they are all about themselves & NOT what's best for the patient that they've been writing the same medicine for years. A DANG SHAME....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2685186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

A doctor that knows what he's doing, listens to the patient & doesn't try to force you to do anything you don't want or have already tried numerous times. The staff is nice & as long as you respect them, they'll respect you. They try to make everyone's visits not so stressful like other offices & they actually care about what's going on in your life unlike other offices I've been to. I would definitely recommend this dr to patients who have TRUE chronic pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Dr Murphy and staff are very respectful to me and I have never had a problem with no one at the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Dr.Murphy is a very good doctor. But like most people I agree about the staff. I will say 90% of the staff are terrible. My appointment was the other day and I had a very good and nice nurse for a change. I am like other people when they say that Dr.Murphy needs to be there more. Things go so much better when he is there. Like mine. November's appointment was a NITEMARE cause he was not there but Decembers appointment was great cause he was there and everything ran so much better. As I have read these reviews I must say the same PLEASE DR.MURPHY if you can please come to the office more. I swear to you the staff treat us like people when you are there and when you are not we are treated very bad. Anyone that reads this please understand Dr.Murphy cares and hewill help you. But be very careful what you say around the staff cause it will get twisted and they will talk down to you. Almost forgot if you need anything and you need to talk to the doctor 99% of the time the staff will not tell him. Just change your appointment to a day he is there.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2643987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

I went to my appointment the other day and was treated like a dog. I like Dr.Murphy but his staff has to go. I am looking for another doctor now. I have been going there for 6 years and its been getting worse every time. Like I read in another review I just wish Dr.Murphy would open his eyes and see what's going on there. The so called nurses are a joke. They treat you bad. I know they have some problems with some people but we are all not the same. Dr.Murphy I hope you read this and I am sorry but I got to find another doctor. I think you really do care but your staff dont give a da-m about us. I wish you well!! One more thing, if you can Dr.Murphy talk to the people that see you without the nurses in the room and you will see what I am talking about.I know by me leaving is not going to hurt your business but before long it will. Again I wish you well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2635952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr.Murphy is great but some of the nurses are really bad. The other day I went in for my appointment and I had this nurse that has been working there about 3-4 months and she has to be the worst nurse ever. I will talk to Dr.Murphy next month about this issue. 90% of staff is the worst people ever. They treat you like trash. I wish Dr. Murphy could be a fly on the wall so he could see what goes on there. Also I really wish he could be more so we could talk more. I have been there 3years and only seen him twice.Please Dr.Murphy if there is anyway you could be there more I know things would be so much better. I talk to everyone there while we are waiting for drug test and they all say and feel the same way that it would be better for all. Dr.Murphy you are great and your wife and Amber are the best. Please Please come to the office more.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2607061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

I go to his madison office wonderful doctor he is the only doctor whos pain block's work for me he listens to you and is extremly intelligent in his field as long as you follow the rules

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

This is the WORST medical office I gave ever been in. I am not a patient but have taken an elderly family member there several times. Dr. Murphy is a wonderful doctor and a very kind and caring man but his wife and some of the staff are horrible. I know that they deal with drug addicts continually but every doctors office deals with something annoying and stressful. They have NO RIGHT to talk to people who are honest caregivers in the manner in which I was spoken to when I requested to use their phone in an emergency after my cell phone battery went dead. I did not know the lady that was yelling at me was Dr. Murphys wife until later the same day. It was a horrible experience to tolerate since I was under tremendous stress as a caregiver for 3 family members. She needs to stop and think about what someone could be dealing with and not just concentrate on what she is dealing with. She ask questions that I could not begin to answer because she would butt in after I said two words. She was hateful and hurtful and just plain mean. I was not there as a drug seeker. I waited patiently for three hours just to give a nurse paperwork that they requested. All I ask her was to use the phone for an emergency. She seriously needs an evaluation for her anger issues. Thankfully due to the scene she made I will NEVER have to take my family member back to that office ever again. I would never wish that experience on anyone therefore I would never recommend Dr. Murphy to anyone and I will tell everyone I know about this so they will not have to ever endure this unnecessary ridiculous uncaring demeaning horrific experience. It's sad too because Fr. Murphy is really a very good doctor. My trust ended for him because he knows how people are treated by her and he could stop it and he chooses not to. I plan to report this to the proper agency because this treatment is beyond barbaric and there are guidelines that medical office staffs are to abide by. Animals in slaughter houses are treated better than I was treated by this woman and I have heard so many reports of her treating so many others the same way. This is not the only pain clinic. Fortunately there are many to choose from. An apology is definitely in order for this attack but I doubt that happens since clearly this sad miserable woman obviously has no heart and no conscience. You should be ashamed of yourself Mrs. Murphy and you should sit down and think about how your actions affect people and just for a second open your mind to the possibility that the load they are carrying is very heavy and the last thing they need is to be treated like a criminal. I am truly disgusted by the way I was treated and by the way I have seen others treated and by the way I have seen staff members treated. I don't know why the staff stays there. They must be very special people to tolerate this kind of barbaric treatment. Rest assured I will never forget what happened and I will never stop warning people of the kind of treatment they can expect from the office manager. I will also be sure to tell every doctor that I come in contact with what they would be sending their patients in to. As the caregiver of 3 people besides my husband and children I have contact with many doctors. I will warn each and every one of them along with every staff member of every medical office I ever step foot in along with every acquaintance both old and new. NOONE EVER DESERVES TO BE TREATED LIKE I WAS TREATED PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2598022].votes_count ]]