Dr. Daniel Labow

Foreign Lang: Hindi

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Daniel Labow has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5288283
20/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Labow is remarkable, the treatment he provides for GI cancers is easily the best in the country and he treats his patients with compassion and consideration. I cannot say enough about what a wonderful person and doctor he is, anyone being treated by him is in excellent hands.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 4797192

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 5.0  Respond
RID: 3597616
06/11/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Labow is the most professional and skilled Dr I have ever met. His surgery skills are only surpassed by his warm and caring personality.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2624252
22/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Labow led a team of medical professionals in Mount Sinai to save my life. After a few weeks of "Chemo & Radiation" Dr. Labow and his team performed a 10 hour surgery to remove the 'Cancer'. The staff at Mount Sinai contributed to Dr. Labow and Dr. Andrea Wolf's expert surgical skills and complete credit for giving me back my life. I'm still under the care of Dr. Labow and hope he remains my primary surgeon as long as I might need him ! God Bless Drs. Labow & Wolf....
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1776816
21/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Daniel Labow is a wonderful, sweet, confident, and excellent in knowledge. The first time I met him was on Nov. 10, 2010, and the second he walked into the room, shook my hand so warmly and friendly, I knew everything was going to be okay. He went over all the information that was sent to him from the referring Dr., and the CT scan disc I brought with me. He had looked at the disc b/4 coming into the examining room. He went over all my options, although I was going to need surgery regardless. He told me what to expect after surgery, when in recovery, answered all my questions. He did not rush me in anyway, and said his nurse would call me in a few days with the surgery date. His nurse, Carmen, is also so kind, and is excellent about calling me with any important information, to keep me updated. she called on the following Monday, and it was scheduled for 11/30/10. Everything went well. I was home in 7 days Everyone at his office is very kind and patient, and I always feel relaxed
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1439687
12/05/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent surgeon. Very caring skillful in what he does.  Respond
RID: 1202998
07/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Labow is an exceptional surgeon and human being. He is patient, kind, intelligent, available, skilled and sweet. Mt Sinai is lucky to have him and we are grateful to have found him to perform pancreatic surgery on my mom last week. He is a role model for how doctors should relate to patients and family members.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 940413
19/07/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Daniel Labow saved my mother's life 2 years ago, when no other doctor could help her. They all said "let her live the next 3 months of life as she wishes". Dr. Labow performed a whipple on mom, and almost 3 years later, she is wonderful, enjoying her family, when she thought she'd never see them again! Thank you.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 472528
28/12/07 3 5 5 5 Dr. Labow is a very caring person who spends time with you and explains what and how he had to do during the surgery. He made himself available via e-mail for post-surgery questions as well.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 405966
06/05/05 5 5 5 by far the most compassionate, kind and skilled surgeon/doctor I have ever been involved with. A pleasure and makes you feel at ease. Also an expert in many different types fo surgery.  Respond