Rate Dr. Mark M. Scheffer

Dr. Mark M. Scheffer's Ratings

Dr. Scheffer performed 3 operations on my right knee. The third and final operation was a full knee replacement. I was 44 years old and he recommended the surgery. I WAS an athlete and WAS very active but now after 2+ years, I walk with a cane and experience tremendous pain constantly. I can barely walk down stairs as it will lock up on me or I will receive a sharp enough pain the my knee will buckle. A few months after my surgery he went on to Martha's Vinyard and his replacement says to me, "Well, sorry but you are in the 3-5% where the surgery fails, nothing we can do" My life is dramatically different now and truly wish Scheffer had done his job or at the very least recommended a less intense surgery. Shame on me for trusting this guy and not getting a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Dr. Scheffer is knowledgeable and progressive in his field. His surgery skills are excellent and his staff is right there with follow-up treatment and help. I couldn't have made a better choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][997381].votes_count ]]