You may also like

Rate Dr. Martin Jugenburg

Dr. Martin Jugenburg's Ratings

I was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive type of breast cancer in the autumn of 2013. After chemo, I eschewed radiation and opted for a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. I consider myself very lucky to have found Dr Jugenburg as my reconstructive surgeon and am very grateful that he took me on as a patient. He supported my decision and advocated on my behalf when two surgeons I had seen would not perform a mastectomy. The lead up to the surgery was a difficult period for me and his staff was behind me, cheering me on all the way. Dr Jugenburg and his nurses answered all my questions and he made himself available for me whenever I needed more information or clarification. He worked with me in choosing an implant size and type and, ultimately, I left everything in his hands. My results are amazing. My breasts look better than before the surgery.

I cannot thank him and his staff enough for their support during a very difficult time and would recommend this exceptional surgeon and his team without reservation. Yesterday was my last visit to the clinic and I am sad to say goodbye.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2763540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Thank you for bringing forward your concerns about your initial consultation with Dr. Jugenburg. The fact that you have taken the first step to achieve your personal goal is commendable. We can all relate on a personal level that sometimes waiting for any physician can be frustrating. We never rush our patients and that can mean that some appointments go overtime and we fall behind. What matters most is the quality of your overall experience at the clinic and we provided you with the best environment, comfort and qualified professionals to see you. Dr. Jugenburg is an exemplary physician that deeply cares for his patients’ safety and well being.
Dr. Jugenburg understand well that plastic surgery may not initially be for everyone, and because safety is the number one concern, a patient with a high Body Mass Index is recommended to lose weight prior to any elective cosmetic procedure, to help them achieve their goal in a safe manner.
Based on his initial assessment of you, weight-loss or alternatively weigh loss surgery using a lap band could be beneficial. You were offered a referral but you declined because you felt a bariatric procedure would not allow you to enjoy food.
In situations, such as yours, when surgery is not indicated, our written policy is to donate the consultation fee to breast cancer research, which depends on such donations to continue saving lives. However, we have some options to remediate your current position in the matter. Please understand, Dr. Jugenburg did not turn you away, rather asked you to take steps to ensure that any future cosmetic surgery is safe and effective.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763174].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 1, 2015

Paid $200 for a half hour consult. He was 20 minutes late, didn't apologise, was very cold mannered, poked my stomach and told me get a lap band. No referral to anyone, just wanted me out after being with me for only 5 minutes. Yet he had no problem getting my nurse to walk out on me to bring him different sized implants for another potential patient. I guess unless you are young, beautiful and looking for big breasts, you are not worth his time. I had high expectations of him as he is one of the top rated surgeons. I did not expect to walk away feeling worse about myself than when I walked through the door. Very upset and very disappointed. I have asked for my money back as I was told the 200 would be put toward the cost of my surgery which I was not given the option to book. Still waiting for a response to that one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I'm 5'4" and 110lbs on a small frame. After two pregnancies stretched out my stomach massively and caused a significant umbilical hernia, and after my two kids nursed all the "meat" out of my breasts, I was in dire need of a mommy makeover!

I did a TON of research, read countless reviews on this site and others, and laid out a bunch of questions - all before even exploring making a consultation appointment. Dr. Jugenburg was so highly recommended, and I can say that all of these reviewers aren't wrong. He was an easy choice!

From start to finish, he and his staff were responsive, available (even after hours) and the level of care was incredible. And let's not forget the procedure itself - I opted for 310cc silicone implants, and with them and the artistry he performed on my mutilated mid-section, I am thrilled with how I look and feel! I would highly recommend him. Recovery went amazingly well, and 10+ months later breast augmentation scars are virtually invisible, and the abdominal scar is fading into the distance...

For those of you who aren't sure where to start or are intimidated by the process, start HERE! No pressure, honest & candid feedback from his entire staff on what to expect before, during and after, and they don't toss you onto the curb after your procedure. They keep you on site (Fairmont Royal York) for 24 hours which was very reassuring for both my husband and I.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2762169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Key words: Wow Factor, Professional, Courteous, Skillful, No Pressure, Satisfied, Realistic Expectations
I had blepharoplasty by Dr. Martin Jugenburg in March 2015. What a positive experience it was. The concern I had about a tired look or an aged appearance is now a memory. The office staff is professional, welcoming, considerate and wonderful. Dr. Jugenburg was excellent. The doctor very capably, in detail, explained everything to us at the initial consultation; answering our questions, and providing realistic expectations. On the day of your surgery you meet many folks. It is a team effort, for sure, with great leadership and everyone demonstrating the best qualities of dedicated health professionals who complete their jobs very well. The results were amazing. Dr. Jugenburg is a talented surgeon. I am 100% satisfied with the outcome, and very pleased that I chose the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute. As I reflect on the experience; words like compassionate, respectful, genuine, polite and kindhearted come to mind, as well as how everyone was thoroughly nice. The level of support and care from the beginning to the end of the journey I received was awesome. My wife and the staff were all excited for me to have the procedure, and that attitude, coupled with the results, made the experience well worth it, and the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2760911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

About three months ago, I had a labiaplasty. This was something I had wanted to do for at least 3 years, but hesitated because of the potential pain and "downtime" associated with the procedure. I researched many sites and reviewed many different types of labiaplasty techniques. I travel every week for business and simply could not find the time to "fit it in" my schedule. I settled on Dr. Jugenburg after thoroughly researching many physicians. Firstly, his staff were over the top professional and incredibly supportive. Kim is truly amazing. Dr. Jugenburg was very professional. He laid out the facts and assured me that there would be no complications or pain if I followed his explicit post-op care instructions. The procedure itself was very quick. The day of the procedure, I found out I had to fly to New York. I asked if this was a problem and Dr. Jugenburg assured me it would be ok. He was right. I had only slight discomfort. The part that concerned me the most was the "no exercise" for 6 weeks. After 3 weeks, I felt completely fine, so I decided to go for a short run. The next day, I was very sore. My advice -- obey the post-op care instructions. Even though you may feel fine, 6 weeks is truly the recovery window. I'm so thrilled I had this procedure done. I feel better about myself. I'm no longer self-conscious. I'm more comfortable when I cycle, run and swim! Thank Dr. Jugenburg. I would definitely recommend you to anyone considering this procedure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2759896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I had breast augmentation done with Dr. Martin Jugenburg about 2 years ago. I researched and interviewed surgeons before selecting Mr. Jugenburg. I can honestly say that deciding to go with Dr. Jugenburg was the best decision I could have made. I am so very happy with the results - my breasts look and feel natural! I always felt that he truly cared about the beauty that he was creating, and the amazing results are proof of that. I truly have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Jungenburg. He and his staff are incredibly knowledgeable and caring. I'm eternally grateful for the quality professional and caring service and after care that was provided to me by Dr Jungenburg's and his staff. The level of service they provide is second to none in Toronto.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2759107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I had a face lift almost a year ago, primarily to get rid of my jowls – really bad ones. Good-bye jowls! They’re completely gone! I now have a beautiful jaw line. My neck lift was part of the procedure and it made a huge difference which I didn’t expect. Dr. Jugenburg is meticulous in his work. He explains everything He is patient. His follow-up is incredible. My concerns and questions were always responded to quickly and with compassion and clarity. Dr. J. and his staff always had time for me. Kim, his nurse manager, was amazing. The entire staff at the clinic was just wonderful. Everyone – Dr. J. and his entire staff, are very professional but warm and personable. The clinic itself is a beautiful and relaxing environment. I have never had better care. Did I make the right choice – absolutely!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2757811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I am currently 6 weeks post op after my breast augmentation and am very happy with my results and my decision to have Dr. Jugenburg perform my surgery. I am so pleased with my procedure and would recommend any one I know to him. I felt super comfortable before and after my procedure and all the staff at the clinic were so wonderful and willing to answer any of my questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2756527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Excellent. Could not be happier choosing him as my surgeon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754140].votes_count ]]