Rate Dr. Geoff Blake

Dr. Geoff Blake's Ratings

I was admitted to the hospital, 5 times for pulmonary blood clots. No doctor was able to find the reason as to why I was getting them so often. One doctor even put a filter in my leg to trap the clots before the went to my lung. However they were not coming from my legs. They automatically formed on my lung. So after 5 doctors tried to find the reason. They called in the head of the hematology department. Dr. Blake to the rescue, he came in to see me, asked to do some blood work & with in a week, he found the answer. 15 years later, I still see Dr. Blake once a week to keep my blood levels in check. I have not had a blood clot since then. Dr. Blake is one very special doctor. Very caring, very supportive. You don't find doctors like him anymore!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST !!! AND SO IS THE STAFF AT THE ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2011

Dr Blake in 1984 condescended young MD's, did not supervise properly a new resident on his first week on the MGH Onco ward and too much methotrexate was given; Dr Blake got very angry and leucovorin rescue was given but too late. Dr Blake yelled at his pupil but he had never taught him. Dr Blake does not like to be interrupted by junior housestaff, despite them needing urgent clinical advice, when he, Dr Blake, is in an admin meeting with other 'more important' senior staff Hemat. members like the DPS (B.W.). Another patient got serious side-effects from the wrong medication, an hypoglycemic, which should have been withheld upon admission since the patient was not eating afterwards during chemotherapy for advanced lymphoma.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

Dr. Blake and his staff are, without question, the reason I am able to write this review. They are a highly competant and caring group. It is amazing that with the ever increasing demand for their services that they can remain so dedicated to their patients. I sincerely hope that Dr. Blake continues to practice for a long time to come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2010

with so many apparently sick patients showing up for treatments etc. it is no small wonder that dr blake and all his cohorts are able to offer the quality service that they do

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2009

Dr Blake is the nicest, the most knowledgeable doctor I ever met. I hope he will be there for a long time... Thanks Dr Blake

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

He is the best doctor I know .He save my life more than one time . I hope he'll be there for many years Manon Riendeau Bouchard

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Amazing! He is the nicest doctor, the most knowledgeable and without a doubt the most caring. Dr. Blake saved my life multiple times and always gives me the time of day. I owe my life to Dr. B I can only wish 4 any other hematology patients to have a man like Dr. B looking after him/her. Dr. B, if u ever visit this site, knowing u, u probably would not, thank you for all ur help over the years. U gave me a new lease on life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2008

He is a good doctor. However, he doesn't care about patients feelings, what the patient is going through. Patients aren't his priority, it is his colleges

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

Dr.Blake has saved my life literally twice. He is a wonderful person who cares about his work and his patients. Highly knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1001902].votes_count ]]