Dr. Monique Bertrand

Rate Dr. Monique Bertrand

Dr. Monique Bertrand's Ratings

I do not have any kind words to say about Dr. Bertrand as she was dismissive in her attitude and very condescending when she spoke. I tried explaining about family history and once again did not want to hear it. I think having a sibling who has died of cancer that was in her colon and uterus should be relevant but since being a lay person she did not want to hear it. I have been waiting for almost 2 months to get word back. My family physician was the one who gave me the results. I am glad some people who have had good experiences but she does not treat all her patients with the same.

Submitted April 15, 2014 | flag

After her new resident took my history we had to wait longer than I usually wait at my other dr appointments. She was very nice and explained things before she did them. Opposite to the previous commentor I would say she over used lubracant. (better more than not enough) We found her knowledgable and ready to answer any questions and give explanations that were easily understood. She didn't seem in a hurry to finish our appointment. My only small complaint is that the exam room was a little cold with the air still being on. (this is likely controlled by the hospital not her department)

Submitted Sept. 27, 2013 | flag

I feel very nervous when I come to the clinic. I wait for a very long time and then get rushed through the procedure. My last pap was horrible, because she rushed in, and without taking any time used the speculum without warming it or using lubrication. I ended up bleeding and was in a lot of discomfort after. I wish more time was taken to make sure the experience is not any more horrible then it has to be.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr Bertrand is with no doubt an amazing Doctor/person. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude & sincere appreciation for the exemplary care that I have received from her/her team at LRCC. I feel extremely lucky to have been referred to her for diagnosis, surgery, treatment & follow up. She was very professional, knowledgeable, through, empathetic and compassionate. She explained everything slowly & in detail with a gentle calm reassuring approach. She was also ready and willing to answer any questions that we had, even 1 1/2 pages. Before my surgery I encountered a problem, phoned her office and I was able to get in and see her the next morning, which I found amazing & extremely calming/comforting since I was extremely scared. While in hospital she came in every morning to check on my progress/condition. Dr Bertrand is an enormously talented & gifted surgeon/oncologist and deals with people from the heart and I will be forever grateful and honoured to have had her for a doctor.

Submitted June 17, 2013 | flag

I was actually scared to keep my appointment, BUT, the staff was very polite, helpful and made me feel very comfortable. When I met Dr. Bertrand, I was so relieved. She made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. She explained everything in detail to me of what she was going to do, and as she did it.She did a through examination. She answered all my questions. I was amazed at how professional she was. She was like being with a long lost friend. I would recommend her to everyone. She is just an amazing woman as well as doctor.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. Bertrand was positive, a great communicator, personable, and very knowledgeable and willing to put herself out for her patients. She treated me as a peer, and was excellent in informing me about my condition and the implications of it. Great doctor!

Submitted Nov. 1, 2011 | flag

Excellent Doctor, I received excellent care and Dr. Bertrand came in to see me regularly and ensure I understood what will happen

Submitted Oct. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bertrand is absolutely fantastic. She is extremely knowledgeable, patient and understanding. She is excellent with her staff members, who are also extremely competent. I was referred to Dr. Bertrand in May 2010 and she treated me for ovarian cancer, including performing the surgery. She was always honest and forthright yet with such a kindness that it is hard to explain. Yes, you sometimes wait for her on Clinic days, but she is so busy and has to care for many patients. I would absolutely never complain about waiting an hour to see her - if anyone has been to a Cancer Clinic, you will see patient people who know what really matters - there is always someone there who may need a doctor before you do. Dr. Bertrand saved my life, no doubt of that. She is just the best! Hands down!! So lucky to have been referred to her - her medical ability is superb.

Submitted May 24, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bertrand was my Dr for 5 years as I went through my cancer treatment. She was everything I needed. She was knowledgeable and so supportive. You're in great hands if she is your Dr and surgeon.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2011 | flag

She was WONDERFUl through everything. She explained my surgery to me and did not rush trhough anything. She was on time and revoved all of my uterus cancer...She visited everyday at the hospital.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2010 | flag