Rate Dr. Donald Mintz

Dr. Donald Mintz's Ratings

Dr. Mintz was unprofessional and unhelpful. He did not clearly answer my questions regarding my tonsils, and was judgmental toward my medical history. He focused on the financial aspects more than on the medical facts I needed. I definitely do not recommend Dr. Mintz to anyone with tonsil issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Dr. Mintz is always professional, punctional and does a good job. I would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I have seen Dr. Donald Mintz many times over the past more than two decades, regarding some hearing issues and some lumps in my mouth as well as something weird that happened on an airplane causing my face and neck to swell badly. On one occasion he removed a blood clot from over my ear drum, while I was in his office.... I trusted him implicitly and I am a former ICU nurse. Often that procedure would be done only with conscious sedation or under a general anesthetic as the clot was very hard. Dr. Mintz has a very good sense of humour and I asked him to hold his hand out so that I could see how steady it was... he cooperated, making a joke. I let him do the procedure then and there and it fully resolved my problem at the time. One does has to wait sometimes in his office, to see him... he is good at what he does and establishes good rapport... I don't mind waiting a bit even though I am a busy person... he might be helping someone else on the spot, as he helped me .. on the spot!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2437761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Such a friendly doctor! Gave me an awesome second opinion. And was very courteous. Staff arent very nice. But he is!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

I waited two months to see Dr. Mintz regarding a progressively worsening buzzing in my ears. The staff was courteous and Dr. Mintz was punctual. However, I could tell from the first question that Dr. Mintz was disinterested in my condition. When I tried to share information on how my condition was progressing from a journal I was keeping, he showed no interest and asked no questions about the buzzing at all. He ran through his check list of possible causes (e.g. trauma, bacterial infection, hearing loss, fluid build up) and when the tests were negative he dismissed my condition as idiopathic tinnitus and sent me on my way. Now I'm forced to wait another few months to get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2013

After waiting 3 months to see the Dr., I waited 35 minutes in the waiting room. I was then ushered into an examination room where I waited another 20 minutes. I then left the office without actually seeing the Dr., so to be fair, I have no idea what his knowledge level is, thus the 3 out of 5 rating. 2 minutes after I left the office, I received a call indicating that the Dr could now see me. Clearly, this Dr is not interested in treating his patients with respect. I would suggest having your GP find another specialist if you are referred to Dr. Mintz' office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I just had my visit with this fine doctor today, it was a long wait but well worth it. He was friendly and very comforting and knowledgeable, as well as prompt. I came in with a vestibular issue that had caused me dizziness that kept me off work for a very long time. his answers to a few questions that I had were very reassuring and he said that there are other tests that can be done, but they are not needed at this time . I later had questions and information pertaining to my visit, and he called back very promptly... all questions answered, a letter to my place employment soon to be ready... well done. thanks to all staff,and of course to the fine " doctor " ...very deserving of the title ,and we all know some that are not. I will recommend to any and all who need a doctor within his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

The staff is not cooperative, cannot track appointments and when at the office they do not have the courtesdy to let you know the doctor is running an hour behind schedule while you patiently wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2013

If you have a sinus condition, do yourself a favor and avoid this doctor. He treated me horribly. He also botched my surgery, which was confirmed by the highly regarded Dr Javer. In 2008 I had deviated septum surgery from Dr Mintz. My condition was not complicated. I was advised to remove the nasal packing 24 hrs after surgery, which I later found out isn't really a good thing to do. After a painful "healing" process, I promptly became extremely ill. Not surprising, considering the complete lack of any RX or post surgical care. At my 3 month follow up appt, I politely expressed that I was already having major issues breathing. His response was unbelievable. He shrugged and said "We tried the surgery and it didn't work. You'll just have to live with it now." The man did not care. After years of needless suffering, recently Dr Janjua performed surgery to reverse the damage. It was a complete success, and he is amazing. Turns out I CAN be easily cured, just not by an incompetent doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2012

Dr. Mintz was friendly and approachable. By involving me, he made a possibly unpleasant procedure fun and interesting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003032].votes_count ]]