Rate Dr. Robert J. Zehr

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's Ratings

Dr. Zehr has replaced 2 knees for me -- the first 8 years ago, and the second 7 weeks ago. He is a first-class surgeon, and his staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The booklet he gives you telling what to expect before, during, and after surgery is an invaluable resource. In my pre-op physical it was recommended I get a heart scan, and Dr. Zehr's office got me an immediate appointment so the knee surgery could continue as scheduled. Any questions I had were answered promptly and I felt cared for and valued. Although there are many joint replacement surgeons in Naples, I feel privileged that I chose Dr. Zehr and his team to take care of me, and I would totally recommend them. Because I had an outstanding surgeon and an excellent physical therapist (Mark Johnson of Naples Physical Therapy) I am well on my way to a full recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Zehr is top notched with this hip surgery. The procedure was done in a day, and I was home the following day. Take his recommendation, if the hip need replaced, do it. Don't procrastinate. The quicker you do it, the quicker you return to a less pain filled life. The whole secret is to follow his directions, get off of the pain medication and do physical therapy plus WALK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2745191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
How right you are - you must do the work of physical therapy. It's not easy but it's critical. Congratulations on your progress.

Submitted March 11, 2015

The only addition I would add to his WONDERFUL guide book is the caution to raise your legs above the heart post surgically to reduce swelling. Once I did that, everything got easier. Thanks for a great service beginning to end!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Good advice! We're so glad you had a successful outcome.

Submitted March 11, 2015

I cant say enough about how GREAT the staff, facilities, processes and Doctor Zehr all worked together to replace both of my hips over a 3 month period. Everyone at Zehr was helpful, the facility was great looking and spotless, and they led me thru the whole process with an instruction binder and answering questions to the fullest.

They never balked at helping me in any way possible.

I interviewed 4 DRs and I chose Dr Zehr and his staff. I am very pleased i did.

If you need Ortho treatment....this is place for results!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2705342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We are pleased too! Thank you for your insight, we are glad to know the pre-surgery education was appreciated!

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give Dr. Zehr and his staff an 11. As a result of their skill, professionalism and care, I am pain-free and able to be fully active again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2684875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We are so glad to hear that! (And we love your math!)

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

If my left hip ever needs to be replaced I would absolutely go to Doctor Zehr. He and his staff make it almost easy to correct what was a very painful right hip.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2678074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
And if your left hip ever needs replacing we would be honored to correct that for you as well, "because living with pain isn't really living!"

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Right hip replacement - results have been outstanding.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2664213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We are very glad to hear that you have had outstanding results - that means you did the hard work of rehab!

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Very professional. Very knowledgeable. I am very satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2663737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2014

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Thank you for letting us know you are satisfied with the results of your surgery, we do strive to keep up with the latest and greatest orthopaedic advancements.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I am 59yrs old and developed osteoarthritis in my hips due to sports, work and very active life style. Jan 2011 I had my left hip replace in Ohio by a top orthopedic surgeon. At that time the minimally invasive posterior approach was being used. June of 2013 we moved full time to Ft. Myers Fl. Needing my right hip replaced I went about researching the minimally invasive anterior approach that has been gaining in popularity since my first THR in 2011. This is what brought me to Zehr Center for Orthopedics and Dr. Zehr.

I won't go on with what a lot have said because I found Dr Zehr and staff to be the best you can be also. Although I do have a unique opportunity to compare the 2 approaches by 2 different top notch surgeons.

I was skeptical about the claims being made about this different anterior approach because I did have a rough time with my first THR and after all you are replacing a hip, by no means minor surgery. In the end it all far surpassed my expectations. After surgery I was up in 4hrs with a walker and standing full weight on both legs talking to nurses at the nurse station in the middle of the floor. I spent a total of 28hrs in the hospital and I was using a cane when it was time to go. I could have walked out with the cane but hospital policy is wheelchair. I had my surgery on Nov 25th went off the cane 6 days after surgery and walked in unassisted to my follow up appointment Dec 4. It took 1 month with my left THR to get off the crutches or walker and months before I stopped using a cane.

Truly I don't know how it could have gone better. Yes it hurt and still does but the pain is different and easily managed. My leg strength is 10 times better than it was with previous THR. There is a vast difference in what muscles are damaged and time needed to get back to normal.

I could go on but will end this by saying Dr Zehr and staff are in a class of there own. The minimally invasive anterior approach lives up to and surpasses the hype and in my case I look to be back to normal activity in a month. There will still be pain and there will still be reduced flexibility, but there really is no comparison. At times sitting now I forget it was just done.

The biggest key to success with joint replacement beyond the surgeon is support at home. My wife has cried a couple of times with relief at the difference this time and our lives getting back to normal so easily and quickly. Thanks to Dr. Zehyr!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2643740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We love to hear good, honest testimony - and are glad you are recovering so well.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I broke my hip when I was 18. It healed but that was 23 years ago. Over the last 10 years the pain in my hip has gotten to the point of unbearable. By last fall I couldn't walk 30 feet without extreme pain and the use of a cane. I had been to 2 other doctors who both said I was too young and too overweight for hip surgery, it's hard not to be over weight when you can't walk.
I read an article about anterior approach hip surgery and then started to look for a doctor who had a lot of experience doing the procedure. I found Dr Zehr and was surprised how quickly I was able to get an appointment. I was very comfortable after meeting him and he scheduled surgery for several weeks later.
The hospital was very nice and my surgery and recovery went very well. The pain was less then I expected, actually there was little to no pain in my hip, the majority of the pain was caused by the nerves and muscles that get moved around during the operation, but with lots of ice bags and some pain medication, it was really no big deal. I wouldn't say that I'd look forward to getting another hip replacement but if I did have to, I wouldn't dread it like the first time. There is no other doctor that I would go to other then Dr Zehr and there is no other hospital that I would go to then Physicians Regional in Naples.
It's been 10 months and I am a brand new person. This past summer, only 4 months after my surgery, I started traveling again and went almost every state and most of Canada. My friends can't believe the difference and now I walk faster then everyone. If you need a hip replacement, go to Dr Zehr and get it done now.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2643712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Great advice! Thank you for sharing about the difference direct anterior approach hip replacement surgery has made in your life.