Dr. Ira M. Bergman

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 02/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Ira M. Bergman has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychiatrist-related: mental illness, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorders, depression medication, pharmacological treatment, prescription drugs
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5590451
30/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bergman is the most fantastic doctor. He is smart, tactful, and deliberate. I trust him with myself, as do many of my family members. He is extremely responsive in a crisis and in general. I could not imagine being treated by someone else. He is wise in his suggestions and helps counsel in tough situations.
RID: 5197577
20/02/14 5 5 5 5 In addition to Dr. Bergman's impeccable credentials, he is "skilled" in his field &100% professional. With his succinct & soft-spoken manner he has the ability to skillfully ask questions which targets and quickly gets to the heart of the issue. This is the first time I've left a psychiatrist's office feeling confident that the Dr. isn't behaving in a rote fashion. He cuts right through the unnecessary banter, keeps you directly on point & with kindness. Finally a mental professional that is truly capable & responsive. And no, I am not a friend or relative!
Respond

12/02/14 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3652438
10/01/14 3 5 2 4 Indifferent doctor. Never seems to know what meds I'm on or anything about me. Does not take the time to make a reasoned diagnosis. Very disappointing experience. Do not recommend.  Respond
RID: 3647166
03/01/14 2 1 1 1 He did a very bad judgment of character of my situation. He has 0 patience and did not gave enough time to verbalize my problems. He just care of money and being in control. Not good for patients.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 3589578
29/10/13 5 5 5 5 I wish every doctor would be like Dr. Bergman. Some doctors make you wait literally for hours - never Dr. Bergman. His assistants are extremely helpful. Unlike most doctors, you can easily reach him by e-mail & he responds very quickly. He goes out of his way to make getting your prescriptions as easily as possible. He is extremely knowledgeable.
RID: 2877625
25/09/13 3 4 5 5 Dr Bergman is very responsive to e mails, has a very competent assistant, and is very knowledgeable about medications. He was very helpful. He is a bit flat in his demeanor which could be interpreted as aloof or non-caring but I don't think he is either, however. Dr Bergman very solid psychiatrist who is a rare MD who accepts many insurance plans. I highly recommend.
RID: 2684158
20/06/13 3 4 3 3 The medicine Dr, Bergman gave me did not help and made me gain alot of weight, which was difficult to loose. He complained that I called too much, and he sent me a very nasty letter that he did not want me as a patient any more. A friend of mine did not like him either
RID: 2683142
19/06/13 1 1 1 4 Go to Dr. Bergman if you like robots. I think he'd rather be on the beach or the golf course.
RID: 2672505

06/06/13 1 1 1 1 Terrible for children. He yelled at my son. I can't believe he works with children. No patience at all. No understanding of child development. Don't go to him with your child!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2528170
11/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr . Bergman joins together his patient kindness with his knowledge of psychopharmacology. He does this listening to my concerns. I am so grateful to him. After a short time, I am feeling lighter and more hopeful. Thanks so much!!!
RID: 1833806

02/04/12 5 2 2 2 I have never compianed about anything. Warning: there is a good chance you will see someone you know in the waiting room! Lots of chairs! I went three times:one time seven people were there. (two seemd to be fruged up and were chatting about how great the dr was).other times 3-5. He seemed like a very nice guy but just over worked. Perhaps not his fault he is just trying to make a living..my Dr died and I was reffered to him. The first time I made the mistake of speaking. The next time I just sat there quitly got the script and left inside of three minutes like a good pacient. On the upside: he seems to be cacious regarding drug abuse...an implied that I was abusing my meds (drugs) Colonopin. I was a little ofended...but good to know someone cares.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 1797342
25/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bergman is knowledgeable and willing to try different medications when necessary.  Respond
RID: 1662719
16/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bergman became my psychiatrist about 6 months ago when my previous psychiatrist passed away suddenly in August, 2011. I was very satisfied, trusted and was comfortable with my previous psychiatrist--he was a remarkable, caring, gentle, understanding and effective doctor. I am so happy to say that the same is true for Dr. Bergman. I am so thankful to Dr. Bergman for absorbing me as a patient into his busy practice. Dr. Bergman has and is a very kind, concerned and caring doctor. I trust him completely. I am so grateful to have Dr. Bergman as my doctor. I would recommend him to my closest friends and anyone needing a good, kind, knowledgeable and caring doctor. I was worried at my first visit that I would not receive the same level of care, compassion and understanding I had received from my previous doc. I am so happy and relieved to say and know that my worries were unfounded. Dr. Bergman is one of the finest physicans I have ever had. I thank God for Dr. Bergman.  Respond
RID: 1528058
01/09/11 2 5 1 1 My doctor had Dr.B on his VM as a back up. When I went, he told me that my doctor was sick and he didn't know how much he could reveal. After changing my meds. based on my undergoing an extremely tramatic experience, he told me to return in 2 weeks. When I went back he spent the first 5 minutes of the session trying to find my file. I had to remind him that he had changed my meds and then he asked me what was going on in my life that was making me feel depressed. After reexplaining what was clearly in my file that he hadn't reviewed, he upped my meds. again. I asked when my own doctor would be returning, the one I had been seeing for 10 years, and he said, "oh, you haven't heard? Hate to be the, bearer of bad news but he passed." Apparently my psychiatrist who had helped me for 10 years had died but I was supposed to discover this on my own. He continued that he had been sick with cancer for a while and died in the hos. He dimissed me and told me to come in 2 weeks. No way!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1328597
05/01/11 5 5 5 5 This is a brilliant and wonderful doctor who will stick with you during the toughest times of your life. I met Dr. Bergman when I was so depressed, I could hardly move. We actually tried 11 different anti-depressants, and I kept saying, "Please don't give up on me, I know I can get better," and he never once stopped believing I could get better! I've now been depression-free for over 7 years, and I owe this to Dr. Bergman.If you are in a deep depression, I urge you to see this remarkable, gentle man.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1319993
22/12/10 3 5 5 5 I am under his tx for almost 5 years none of my appointment goes beyond 10mn.Dr Bergman is very knowledgeable and experinced.My exsisted problem cut down to around 20% with his help. I can proudly reffer anybody to Dr. Bergman's office.My feedback about his sectery neither very friendly nor rude.AR  Respond
RID: 1312522
11/12/10 5 5 5 5 I am a 59y/o woman who has suffered lifelong clincal depression marked by severe episodes,all of which has been further exasperated by numerous cancer surgeries. Dr. Bergman has worked closely with me,showing concern, listening to me, & more important hearing me. He changed, added & adjusted medications over a period of time. Dr. Bergman is the only doctor who ever got it right. I feel better mentally & physically than I have in 20yrs. He literally saved my life in every sense, & I will never forget it. One Thankful Patient
RID: 1165548
08/05/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. Bergman was very helpful as I went through an intense period of depression. He uses email to communicate with his patients and always replied very promptly and thoughtfully to my inquiries. He was receptive to adjusting my medication and dosage according to my feedback, and he struck what I found to be an excellent balance between trying to be conservative about my mental well being and trying to minimize my reliance on drugs when other solutions would do. I saw him while also seeing a therapist weekly who helped me talk through some of the underlying issues I was dealing with. Dr. Bergman offered me exactly what I needed, which was an accessible and experienced practitioner who would respect that I was already working with a therapist and advise me as to the appropriate type and dosage of medication for me.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 438755
03/11/07 5 4 1 2 Licensed drug dealer. Never was interested in what was causing my emotional distress, or how to help me get mentally well, just prescribed one drug after another. Who would know more, or be more qualified to help mental instability than a psychiatrist? Yet,a doctor who just takes your money and never gives any kind of therapy is disappointing and quite honestly a drug dealer.