Dr. Ira M. Bergman

Rate Dr. Ira M. Bergman

Dr. Ira M. Bergman's Ratings

Dr. Bergman truly cares about his patients; about who you are, about how you are, and about the best way to treat you. He listens carefully and is always caring in his responses. I feel comfortable and secure that under his care, I am safe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

I posted rave reviews about Dr. Bergman on this site when I began seeing him.

Well fortunately for me, I'm still his patient and saw him today. I left his office asking myself, how on earth can this man "get it" so quickly, analyze my situation & heartbreak since I never provided him with complete information that has been ongoing for years --because his practice specializes in psychopharmacology.

The only answer I come up with is: Dr. Bergman is a Psychiatrist with impressive credentials & for years prior to specializing in psychopharmacology, had years of experience with analysis & treatments of all mental disorders. I find most in the mental health field incompetent despite their education and professional affiliations. That does not apply to Dr. Bergman! He is exceptionally skilled; and I believe, has an innate gift.

I'm not lucky that I need him, but I am very lucky that I was referred to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Dr. Bergman is the most fantastic doctor. He is smart, tactful, and deliberate. I trust him with myself, as do many of my family members. He is extremely responsive in a crisis and in general. I could not imagine being treated by someone else. He is wise in his suggestions and helps counsel in tough situations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2437885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

In addition to Dr. Bergman's impeccable credentials, he is "skilled" in his field &100% professional. With his succinct & soft-spoken manner he has the ability to skillfully ask questions which targets and quickly gets to the heart of the issue. This is the first time I've left a psychiatrist's office feeling confident that the Dr. isn't behaving in a rote fashion. He cuts right through the unnecessary banter, keeps you directly on point & with kindness. Finally a mental professional that is truly capable & responsive. And no, I am not a friend or relative!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

Indifferent doctor. Never seems to know what meds I'm on or anything about me. Does not take the time to make a reasoned diagnosis. Very disappointing experience. Do not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

He did a very bad judgment of character of my situation. He has 0 patience and did not gave enough time to verbalize my problems. He just care of money and being in control. Not good for patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2014

I wish every doctor would be like Dr. Bergman. Some doctors make you wait literally for hours - never Dr. Bergman. His assistants are extremely helpful. Unlike most doctors, you can easily reach him by e-mail & he responds very quickly. He goes out of his way to make getting your prescriptions as easily as possible. He is extremely knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2013

Dr Bergman is very responsive to e mails, has a very competent assistant, and is very knowledgeable about medications. He was very helpful. He is a bit flat in his demeanor which could be interpreted as aloof or non-caring but I don't think he is either, however. Dr Bergman very solid psychiatrist who is a rare MD who accepts many insurance plans. I highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2013

The medicine Dr, Bergman gave me did not help and made me gain alot of weight, which was difficult to loose. He complained that I called too much, and he sent me a very nasty letter that he did not want me as a patient any more. A friend of mine did not like him either

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Go to Dr. Bergman if you like robots. I think he'd rather be on the beach or the golf course.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005659].votes_count ]]