Rate Dr. Wayne Z. Burkhead

Dr. Wayne Z. Burkhead's Ratings

I am highly disappointed by my today's visit to dr. burkhead's office. The appointment was 9.30 .at 11.30 his Pa showed up which was rude shock since I was not told that I will be seen by his Pa and that dr.wyane is no there. I did not sing up to take treatment from a PA whose qualifications are unknown to me. I signed up for a visit to go bona-fied doctor. Nothing was dicsused or explained I details and how could she . She was NOT A DOCTOR. On check out the Admin staff was rude and unwilling to accept that a patient should be told upfront whom will they be seen by A Doctor or A PA. I felt cheated . As a patient I should have been informed upfront that will NOT be seen by the doctor himself. No apology for delay . No apology for non diclosure. A very very arrogant attitude. If a doctor does not have to be physically there for his patients than why have patients. Pls make sure u don't get duped by any doctors office like this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2437924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr Wayne Burkhead is considered one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the world according to other MD's, He has discovered surgical procedures and written procedures on shoulder surgery that are used by orthopedic surgeons thru out the world. He has performed two shoulder surgeries on me and I would also highly recommend him. He is a very busy Dr. and his time is limited, you may only see his assistants on follow up visits since he is in such demand as a surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1006573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with follow-up visits after my surgery. I'm not sure if the surgery was successful or not... He was apparently too busy to see me. I had a lot of questions I'd wanted to ask about the surgery, but after asking his physician's assistant my 2nd question, I gave up. Her answers were generic, and I could have given them myself. Dr. Burkhead's other PA also stopped in to see me on my 2nd visit. He was even less informed. In time, I guess I'll find out if my surgery worked or not. For now, I feel really let down.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1006572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

I came in at the young age of 24 diagnosed with an uncommon condition of snapping scapula syndrome and was convinced to go through a scapulectomy that left me in worse pain, permanently disfigured and left without full use of my left arm. When I tried to contact my surgeon I was told that my surgery "was a success" and was "healing perfectly" and that there was nothing more they could do for me, other than send me to pain management. After spending another couple thousands of dollars on MRI's and misc scans I was sent to the referred pain management clinic and treated like a "drug seeker"--it was even labeled in my file. 7 years later I've been through years of unbearable pain but managed to find a recognized physician to actual DIAGNOSE the issue and as of Friday 9/23/11 my first steps towards a long overdue malpractice suit against this surgeon and his facility are underway. Most of the reviews on here are staged... mine is unfortunately reality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1006574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2011

I am amazed that my shoulder is doing so well after the last surgeon screwed it up. Dr Burkhead came highly recommended by another orthopedic surgeon and he could not have been more right!! He is rated the best because he is the best!! I would recommend everyone I know to go to him with any shoulder problem!! I also love his Cd's. If you want to feel really good just get one of his cd's and play it, you will laugh your pain away!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1006571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2011

I've had both shoulders replaced by this genius! I drove from OKC to Dallas for pre-op, 2 surgeries and post-op visits. He came highly recommended and I'd send anyone to him that needs help with ANY shoulder problems. He's known worldwide and I know why. The office is so efficient, it's almost unbelievable and he is truly an amazing doctor. If he weren't, I wouldnt have gone back (to another state!) to have my other shoulder (totally) replaced!! If you're looking for the BeST, look no further. He IS your man. Love love love him!!! He did my first surg @ Baylor (downtown Dallas) and the second @ the Carrell Clinic's hospital, which is in the bldg with his clinic. I really wish I could tell each of you what the experience was like, personally. But in less than 1000 characters, all I can say is TRUST ME. Dr Burkhead's a genius!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1006570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

OMG, this guy performs miracles. Before surgery, my right shoulder was virtually locked down.. could not even get deodorant on. After a total shoulder replacement, I'm playing golf. I have my life back. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1006569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

He no longer takes workman's comp. He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He specializes in shoulder surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1006568].votes_count ]]