Dr. Michael P Maniacci

Rate Dr. Michael P Maniacci

Dr. Michael P Maniacci's Ratings

Mike was very rude. I happened to mention his name to an acquaintance who said that she had been to him but stopped because he had been rude to her too. He also told me after one session that I should get a divorce. This is totally unprofessional.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2014 | flag

I have been visiting Mike off and on for over a year now. The man has an absolutely amazing ability to penetrate to the core of you and what your issue is. I like that he doesn't want to keep you in a revolving door of appointments and wants to get you on your feet as soon as you can. I have been to others, Mike is A+.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2013 | flag

Not very flexible in his suggestions, solutions and ideas. His way or the highway. There are better ones out there.

Submitted May 22, 2013 | flag

Our family has received counsel from Dr. Michael Maniacci for over 15 years during various crises or just rough patches. I too find it difficult to believe that anyone would characterize him "abusive" in any way. As for our family, he has been absolutely amazing in every way you would expect and our experience, unfortunately, involved seeing a few psychiatrists and counseling programs. But NEVER did I find with others the compassionate and competent help that we have always received from Mike!

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

In our family we have seen a lot of psychologists. A lot. Never has one been so helpful and especially so FAST. Mike's goal is to get you successfully OUT of his office! He doesn't rush you out but he's just so darn good as lasering your issues and getting you on the road to actually solving the problem. He helped two of my sons tremendously, and thus us parents as well - he was very direct in teaching the two of us different strategies. If you're open to change and your goal is to truly to fix the problem and not just vent, I highly, highly, highly recommend him.

Submitted June 19, 2012 | flag

I'm not sure why anyone would post a review saying Mike Maniacci is abusive: that is absurd. He is an excellent psychotherapist. I attended his sessions for about 6 months and was helped through an extremely difficult time. He offers concrete advice, not abstract principles. I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted March 13, 2012 | flag

HE SI THE BEST DR I EVER MET WOULD RECOMMEND HIM

Submitted Nov. 23, 2011 | flag

Mike has changed my life for the better from the day we met. His ability to connect and provide tangible examples with exercises has help me immensely for creating a road map to a healthy and happy life. I promise you that if you put forth the effort, he'll help you make the changes you desire.

Submitted July 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Maniacci is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He is one of the best Alderian psychologists in Chicago. I have used him personally and he helped me tremendously in getting through a tough time, growing a person and expanding my life to new horizons. I have recommended him to over a dozen people who have used him. They also give him high marks. Dr. Maniacci also speaks often in community. I have read the post surveys - he again repeatedly gets high marks.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2010 | flag

Dr. Maniacci was an extremely helpful and wonderful therapist. He helped me through a difficult time and I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2008 | flag