Rate Dr. Susan Matthews

Dr. Susan Matthews's Ratings

Dr. Matthews took me on during my pregnancy a while back but I forgot to post a comment as I am busy with a healthy happy baby. My spouse and I found her not interested at all about forming a relationship with us. I will credit her that she does not rush our appointments. Additionally, she often comes across as condescending with answering questions. She may not know this but she rolls her eyes at time and snorts at some of the questions we asked. She is not a warm compassionate maternity doctor. I really was hoping for someone gentle and kind. She comes across as cold 9/10 appointments. I would not recommend her to pregnant woman looking for a doctor. I have friends that used her as a maternity doctor as she also found her to be cold and detached from her patents. Oh well, I'm sure some people enjoy her demeanour while others don't.

Submitted June 30, 2014 | flag

She was good 15 years ago when I started with her...after my kids were born I had to really push for her help. She seems to have a comfort zone and doesn't step outside her box. Would love to have a more open minded and caring doctor but finding a good doctor that is taking new patients is hard.

Submitted March 18, 2014 | flag

I have been with Dr. Matthews since she took over the practice of our former GP. She has been an incredible support to us, and I cannot say enough good things about her character, her knowledge, and her ability to inspire confidence in 'the system'. She has seen us through some pretty rough patches and I am extremely grateful for her!

Submitted July 31, 2013 | flag

Well I like dr. Matthews I can't say the same for her receptionist. Dr. Matthews was wonderful during my 1st pregnancy and even offered to take us on as patients once baby was delivered we haven't had to see her aside for our well baby checkups as we have been realitivly healthy. So this being my second pregnancy I called for an appointment, I told the receptionist I didn't know exactly how far along I was because my cycle has beena bit unpredictable since having my daughter. She said please hold the line while I check her schedule then she got back on the phone and said she would have to call me back, she never did. Two days later I called back very politely asked if I could book an appointment she was abrupt and rude told me she hadn't gotten around to it, and pretty much hung up on me. Well that was 5 days ago and I still haven't heard back. she doesnt seem to take my healthy and the health of my baby seriously, so I have found myself a new doctor. Other than that dr Matthews is ok

Submitted March 8, 2013 | flag

Very disappointed with administration staff. I am a new resident to BC and looking for a maternity doctor to help with my first pregnancy. The secretary at Dr. Matthew's office informed me that the doctor would not schedule a first appointment with pregnant patients until they enter their 2nd trimester, which is outrageous leaving no opportunity to ask questions, or even meet the doctor until well into the third month! By this, it is obvious that Dr. Matthews has zero interest in forming a relationship with her patients, and is neither concerned with establishing a health profile. Am I expected to wait 3 months before having a blood test that confirms my pregnancy? This kind of standard in the medical profession is abhorrent.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

I have seen Dr. Matthew for couple of years, she took care of my two pregnancies, she was great, if I had any concern, she was there for me and gave me all the support I need, not complains, she is my FD, and that's when the problems star, she would never open a last minute appointment if the kids are sick. Or even if they are really sick, the staff would say "go to a walking clinic or go to emergency, no appointment for the next two weeks" she loves only healthy patients.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2013 | flag

After seven years of waiting to find a GP in Victoria, I finally got a physician! She decided to take me as I just found out that I was pregnant. She followed through some issues I had very promptly. She also gave me a phone call to see whether I am ok after my last ultrasound when we found out for sure that baby is not growing and that there is no heart bit. She stayed my physician and I am very grateful for it. She is really going out of her way to help her patients. She is very knowledgeable doctor too and has a lot of experience and thinks outside of the box. She is willing to listen to her patients too and to allow you to participate in decision making with her

Submitted Aug. 21, 2012 | flag

This doctor handled my VBAC delivery successfully. She was respectful and immediately consulted with Obstetricians and Pediatricians when there was a concern. She worked well with my doula and the nursing team throughout the delivery.

Submitted July 15, 2011 | flag

Dr.Matthews is very knowledgeable and kind. Not very punctual, though. I assume this is because she is very busy. However, we were told to show up 15 minutes early to our appointments, and always ended up waiting at least 30-45 minutes to be seen.

Submitted May 16, 2011 | flag

She's a wonderful doctor. She takes her time to answer to your questions. She's patient and gentle. She knows how to make you confortable. She's always smiling and calm. I will keep her as my doctor as long as I can.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag