Rate Dr. E.A. O'Toole

Dr. E.A. O'Toole's Ratings

I saw this man for my anxiety. I've had GAD with panic disorder since

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588955].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

The man is a hypocrite...and I always assumed they took the Hippocratic Oath, not the Hypocritical Oath. I have some TRUE stories about Eamon's medical practice that'll make you second guess his competence at least, if not make you disgusted. It disgusted me. A person I know, and his sisters, had broke the lock on their mother's diary after she had died of cancer. In this diary, Dr. O'Toole was mentioned for quite awhile in specific sections. Apparently this woman had gone through an unhealthy relationship with a man, according to her, and was having serious questions and doubts regarding her true sexuality. She was referred to O'Toole...after seeing O'Toole a few times in doctor appointments, the doctor had seduced her sexually. These are HER words, not mine or the children of this woman. Not very "professional" anyway I look at it. Well, how about say 5 years later or so...another elderly lady knitting a tiny sock for her great grandchild, and who does not know the previous lady I explained about at all. After Dr. E.A. O'Toole had been referred to see by another woman's family doctor in town, because she was having horrible times with her divorce proceedings and needed to talk with a psychiatrist/psychologist in order to help her, she was prescribed demerol according to this lady. "DEMEROL???" I asked her...Are you sure? I said. She replied that it didn't say demerol on the medication sticker, because iit would say the chemical name instead...or the generic name. I know what demerol is called, so I asked her if it was MEPERIDINE. She pointed at me as if to say "BINGO!!!". Well, that's certainly demerol. I often wondered why a psychiatrist would ever be in the position to prescribe a narcotic analgesic to anyone for any reason. There really is no use for narcotic analgesics in psychiatry...unless of course there are "ulterior motives". What do you all think the ulterior motive would be for prescribing a very, very strong narcotic like demerol, to a distraught woman going through a nasty divorce? It wouldn't be to maybe soften her up, make her feel extremely euphoric and even more vulnerable? Like, to maybe get this lady in a better position, so to speak to seduce her? That's a horrible thing to suggest. I wouldn't have suggested that if it wasn't true. According to this lady, Dr. O'Toole had a sexual encounter with this lady...possibly more, I never asked the lady to reiterate the sordid details. These are stories that are completely true, for there are no reasons for three or more people, who do not know each other, to make false accusations of someone like these accusations. After all, they only found out about one after she had died of cancer. It wasn't like she was making false accusations. I'm telling everyone these facts, because due to FREEDOM OF SPEECH, I have the right to do so. These people could be lying about all of this, but I don't believe so one iota. If you want to know the way he treated me for no just reasons, I will explain that true story as well, although these facts are far more interesting to anyone who doesn't wish to potentially witness their mother, sister, wife, girlfriend or grandmother to get seduced into the sack by a pillar of society.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2559181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I saw him for a few months. He was not very helpful and prescribed medications every time I saw him. During my 3rd and last appointment he had started seeing my sister and he brought all the things my sister said about me (which were later proven untrue) into my sessions and called me some pretty rude names and he pretty well told me to get out of his office. His secretary told me I would have to find a new psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1008045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2013

After finally diagnosing my illness correctly, Dr. O'Toole was open and interested in discussing various treatments with me. He was never condescending and listened to my ideas and answered all of my questions. I have now been stable on medication for years and am very happy to have been referred to him by my GP. He is also quite an interesting gentleman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1008044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

This psychiatrist was the best thing that has ever happened in my life. He treated me with respect, listened, validated me and my thoughts, stayed with me for as long as he thought I needed him and then told me I didn't need to see him anymore. Because of him I completely turned my life around. I realize he doesn't take b.s. from anyone but I wanted him to be honest with me. He was, and I will be forever grateful. He expects people to take responsibility for turning things around with his help and this was exactly what I needed. The only person responsible for me is me. I just needed him to help me feel capable, gain my own insights, and to validate my own abilities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1008043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I've heard horror stories about this man since I began seeing him in 2007, however he saved my life. I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder. He takes time to listen to me and follows my cues. If I want to talk about particular things, he will talk about them. If I don't have much to say, then we talk about other things instead. We laugh about stuff and have deep discussions at times. He takes a keen interest in my sketching and photography hobbies and always asks to see what I've done. The only thing I do NOT like is that sometimes he seems to be spacing out/closing his eyes. That does bother me. His staff is really nice. I especially like one of his secretaries as we have some things in common and chat whenever I go in. I'd recommend him, but you have to be willing to open up to him or he can't help you. If you sit there quietly and say nothing, then he's going to assume you don't want to talk. So talk and tell him why you're there and what's happening in your life each visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1008042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

ive been going to dr. otoole for 15 years, i have depression and anxiety, he prescribed some meds, which in two weeks gave me the relief i needed for 20 years, i feel so much better, i find him informative and at times fumny.the secretaries can be abrupt if u miss an appointment,however over the years ive only had one time where i can to confront that situation. the house he uses for his practise needsssssssssssssssssssssss a rennovation, its like walking into a museum, its not bright and cheerful, considering his line of work with depression etc, i think it would be helpful to his patients. all in all i have a good reporire with dr otoole.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1008041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2012

ive been seeing this doctor for a long time, i was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and depression. the first few years we chatted alot, he also got me on medication that worked within a two week time frame, made my life much more functional. i am at the stage now where i only need to see him every 3 months for meds updates.his receptionist can be very pleasant unless u miss an appointment, then they are abrupt. the office does need a major over haul. anyone feeling sad or anxious notices their environment, i think he should seriously think about rennovating. however keep in mind u are going to him for him not decorating ideas. i like this man he has helped me alot.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1008040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

Blunt and sometimes unwilling to make changes to necessary meds, cautious in med changes, makes some mistakes with medications. Abrupt, but will listen after I explain myself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1008039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2011

He may be knowledgable but I gave him this score as he definately wasn't in my situation. I went to him as I thought I needed some help since I had gotten physically violent during a fight with my boyfriend at that time and it scared me how easily it went from verbal to physical since it had never happened before. My first appointment with him was 10 minutes in which he asked about my family history and such, then labelled me manic depressive and prescribed medication. I had severe reactions to this medication in the few doses I took so he prescribed another which I took for maybe a week before I left that boyfriend. Since that day I haven't had any issues and we are 8 years later. Not only am I not manic depressive but I also didn't require medication. I think it is likely that he could have diagnosed properly had he spoken to me for than 10 minutes. That would be easily resolved with the availability for longer appointments should the 10 minutes not be enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1008038].votes_count ]]