Dr. Michael D. O'Connor

Rate Dr. Michael D. O'Connor

Dr. Michael D. O'Connor's Ratings

We saw Dr O'Connor at the eye institute with my 3 yrs old, after a visit at the CHEO emergency. My son had put a stick in his eye. Dr O'Connor is probably the best doctor I've ever met in my entire life. He is as good with children as he is with adults and freaked out parents. He is calm, patient, very knowledgeable, professional, and very good at explaining. He even called home in between our appointments to check up on my son. My son was very lucky to have not lost his eye, and to have been treated by such an amazing ophthalmologist as Dr. O'Connor . Thanks you Dr. O'Connor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. O'Connor is a role model for medical students pursuing Ophthalmology.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2345582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

We had Dr Clark before he past away and was so worried about who would take his place, because we just loved Dr Clark, he was so good with my daughter. Dr OConnor is the best replacement we could have, very good with my daughter who does not speak english, and will stay with her after 18, perfect. Thank you very much

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][345340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2013

After cursing the central booking system at CHEO for 5 years, I keep going back to Dr. O'Connor for his warm, kind and professional manner. It is a nightmare trying to get an appointment but always worth the wait. He makes time for parents and kids alike and being a parent of young kids himself, he has a lot of empathy and understanding. A wonderful doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][345339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2013

The Dr O'Connor is excellent, with a great knowledge of the matter, takes his time to explain to the parents and to the kids, also he tries to do the process simple and fun. A remarkable Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][345338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2012

WOW! What an amazing Dr. for children. We have a 5 year old that had eye surgery with Dr.O'Conner and he put all our fears at rest and was so comforting and understanding. My son was never scared because Dr. O'Conner was able to have a sense of playfulness and fun. Really I think my 5 year old thought he was going to a play group. Amazing Dr. with great info and lot's of PATIENCE!! Wonderful experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][345337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

We have been seeing Dr. O'Connor for about 2 months. My son was diagnosed with Congenital Glaucoma. He has an amazing way of putting things in perspective for scared parents. He is patient but most of all, he does not overwhelm you with too much information at once. He performed a goniotomy on my son which went very well. I could not ask for a better doctor for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][345336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2012

Amazing doctor. He takes the time to answer all your questions. I had strabismus surgery done by him, and he did a wonderful job. Great bedside manner, and you do not feel rushed when seeing him as he takes the time to answer all your questions. I will recommend him to anyone who needs this type of treatment done. You can tell why he works at CHEO. Great doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][345335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2011

Told me he couldn't help me because my eyes aren't bad enough to be corrected through surgery. BUT he was super friendly and knew his stuff; the girl he has to check the eye deviation is super cute and nice as well. He told me to come back in a year. Here's hoping he can help me then!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][345334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2011

Dr. O'Connor is AMAZING - I would highly recommend him! Don't be put off by the unpleasant receptionist - once you get past her, everyone else is LOVELY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][345333].votes_count ]]