Rate Dr. Owen Ung

Dr. Owen Ung's Ratings

Fantastic surgeon. I felt very comfortable undergoing bilateral mastectomy with Flex HD reconstruction.
Knowledge, communication and follow up second to none. He is extremely dedicated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2620339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

See another for breast cancer. Does not give enough information to patients, does not liaise with whole team. I wish I had done more homework, he has something on a god complex and went on holiday leaving me in the hands of others...not happy

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2617233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Amazing human being and surgeon! I cannot recommend Prof. Owen Ung highly enough!! Thank you for you care and kindness and exceptional expertise when undertaking my hemithyroidectomy!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

As all the other reviews say, AMAZING MAN. Great bedside man, care & compassion, knows what he is doing, goes out of his way & above the call of his duty to ensure you are ok. As well as his staff who have gone out of their way to assist us. Very happy with my surgery & treatment so far. If only we could clone! Country NSW needs people like him. Thank you A/Prof Ung.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

This man is amazing, he has given me my life back again. Nothing was too much for him and I'm sure he is an inspiration to everyone around him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2345766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

Whole heartedly agree with all the other positive reviews of this amazing man. No surprise to see his overall rating as 5 out of 5. He is a total professional, outstanding and skilled surgeon but also has a gentle and caring bedside manner. He instills great confidence in his patients. Excellent knowledge of his specialised fields - always looking to study/improve/mentor. A/Prof Ung had to conduct the most tricky and intricate surgery on me for a very rare (2 in a million) cancer (adrenal). He saved my life during surgery and gave me back my life by removing the tumour intact. I am still alive despite other doctor's predictions due to the skill and expertise of this doctor. A very special man - those who have him as their doctor/surgeon can rest assured they have the very best!!! Don't just believe me - look at the other reviews - the message is the same. Thank you Professor Ung.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][347722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2014

Coming from country NSW I travelled 4.5 hours to Sydney and Prof Ung was my surgeon for 3 surgeries in total, over a period of 3 weeks for breast cancer. He was very kind, understanding and easy to talk to and open and honest about treatment and prognosis. I felt I was in very capable hands during the process. I was very disappointed when he left Sydney to go and practice in Brisbane. I would consider travelling a further distance to Brisbane to see Prof Ung, if I need to have more surgery in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][347721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2013

Prof Ung was excellent - his bedside manner is kind and caring I would recommend him highly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][347720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

Professor Owen Ung saw me today at the Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital. He was very courteous, kind and caring. He was also very thorough in his examination of me two years after my mastectomy. He explained everything in detail and nothing was too much trouble. I have to say he was so much better than the Doctor at the hospital in the UK where I had my treatment. An excellent man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][347719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Professor Ung is wonderful. I am sure he walks on water! He not only cares about his patients, he is professional, honest, extremely knowledgable, and returns your calls. I had stage 2 breast cancer and he took a huge interest in my treatment and care from beginning to the end. I would have no problems in recommending Prof. Ung to anyone. His receptionist is also a delight and very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][347718].votes_count ]]