Rate Dr. Keelen Tymkiw

Dr. Keelen Tymkiw's Ratings

I went to see Dr Tymkiw for gum issues like so many of us. After what seemed like a very expensive quote and invasive procedure quote I went and got a second opionion. During the 2nd opinion I was told the root planing was poorly done and would need to be redone($800 at my expense) and the recommended surgery($3000) was not needed - I was told to buy a sonic toothbrush instead. I did email Dr Tymkiw but as suspected he or his staff never responded and I never went back

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I went to Sierra Dental in 2011 for a check up. I was referred to Dr Tymkiw because of my periodontal disease. I was convinced to have 2 gum grafts, an implant and a sleep guard. Dr Tymkiw also wanted to peel back the gums of my molars and clean plaque build up from those molars. I was given the option of using my own tissue or use donor tissue for the gum graft. I chose donor tissue. When it was time for my implant, Dr Tymkiw said I needed a sinus lift. I had to agree to this. When it was time to pay for the procedures I was shocked to disbelief. The extra cost for the donor tissue and the added cost for the sinus lift was over $1500. The sleep guard did not fit and I had to have another one made at my expense. >$250. I never returned to Dr Tymkiw for further treatment. I found an excellent Dentist in Dr Travis Polischuk. By the way, I never did need the molar peel back procedure, good dental hygine fixed this problem. Take lots of money with you if you choose Dr Tymkiw.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

Dr. Keelen Tymkiw is the BEST. He was so gentle and caring as he performed my sinus lift surgery. He took utmost care in assuring that I was in not in pain. He explained in great detail the cost of the procedure,the healing time, what I could expect during and after surgery. I look forward to my next appointment with him for implant surgery. My first procedure went so well. I would recommend this Doctor to anyone. He is very knowledgeable, respectful, and helpful. He is truly a gifted Periodontist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Tymkiw for a gum grating procedure. The doctor and his staff were very professional and went above and beyond to explain the procedure and make the surgery a very comfortable experience with minimal discomfort and the results look fantastic. I would recommend this Periodontist to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2010

Dr. Tymkiw is a very kind, skilled and knowledgable Periodontist. My dental implants turned out beutifully despite a very difficult surgery due to a past motor vehicle accident. He always made my comfort his primary goal and it turned out to be a great experience. I would highly recomend this young doctor to anyone needing Peridontal surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2010

Initial assessment for an implant, splint and 2 gum grafts came to an estimated $5400. When I had the actual work done, Dr Tymkiw said that I needed some extra bone packing to the implant site. He did not tell me the extra cost at the time. I had the work completed and then paid for my treatment. My cost went from $5400 to $7200. I feel that Dr Tymkiw should have seen this extra cost on the initial visit. This should have been noticed on the inital xrays and when he assessed my maxillary bone struture. There was no appology or admission of error on his part. As well, Dr Tymkiw does not include the cost of follow up visits or adjustments to dental appliances in his estimates. Beware! Take your credit card with you for every visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349791].votes_count ]]