Rate Dr. Patricia Jean MacDonald

Dr. Patricia Jean MacDonald's Ratings

Had a scar excision done -- I was not told proper after care procedure. Tried calling office numerous times to book post suture removal and was unsuccessful - I left many messages and the MOA has never returned my calls. I have seen another plastic surgeon who said the method used was incorrect, and that cortisone should have been injected during the procedure, and that I should have been told to wear compression garments for up to 6 months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I was referred to Dr. McDonald by my GP. I am very happy with her work and professionalism. She is great in taking the time to answer any questions and offers the best recommended strategy for recovery. I would and will recommend her to anyone looking for a surgeon in her line of work. I did call her office across from Royal Columbian Hospital due to a concern I had, and knowing that the receptionist was there and the Dr wasn't, the receptionist did not answer the phone for almost an hour. Overall though, I am extremely happy, feel more confident and comfortable than I did before surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2013

Bilateral Gynecomastia: I had consulted with multiple surgeons to assess who I was most comfortable with for my procedure. Upon meeting Dr. MacDonald, I knew she was the right person for the job, as she had a thorough knowledge of the procedure and clarified my concerns. She is friendly, approachable, and most importantly, energetic. She did a wonderful job of following me post-operatively and I am pleased with the results thus far. I highly recommend her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2013

I saw Dr MacDonald for male breast reduction. Needless to say I am not happy with the results. One breast is disfigured, completely different then the other. The nipple looks really strange. And this is after 2 procedures. I would say her work as left me with an appearance that is totally embarrassing. She said in my last visit the next procedure would be not so easy. But there is no way I would trust her with a 3rd procedure. She has consultations one day a week in the basement of Royal Columbian hospital. The clinic is like a ward, you are screened off from other patients only by drapes. Very strange and completely unprivate. Very poor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Dr. McDonald performed surgery on my back (twice) and neck for basal cell carcinoma, she was great! So friendly and personable, we chatted the whole time she was doing my surgeries. She explained everything clearly and answered all my questions, followed up as soon as she had my results, loved her, would recommend her to all my family and friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

My son was referred to her due to hand a hand injury from sports. We had complete satisfaction with the visits we had. She is very personable and explained everything well. I would definitely refer this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Male breast reduction surgery. Dr Macdonald was very good. She is confident, capable and very knowledgeable. Answered all questions. She did an excellent job. I am pleased with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2011

i went to Dr McDonald on the recommendation of a friend. I was very nervous about this surgery. I found her to be very professional, knowledgeable, and competent. She set me at ease and gave me the confidence to make my decision. I have been very pleased with the surgery and the followup. I would certainly recommend Dr. McDonald to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2011

Excellent service, care, understanding and support was provided. i would definitely recommend Dr. M

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

called the office, the secretary was very rushed and unwilling to answer basic questions. Not impressed, turning away business for the Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][349860].votes_count ]]