Dr. Eric Smith

Rate Dr. Eric Smith

Dr. Eric Smith's Ratings

took him as family doctor , at first he was great but quickly going down hill , i am having major problems that he has no interest in helping with, he has never examined me but will recommend therapy after he has said that he has no idea what the problem is . no interest in a follow-up to check on progress , forgetful , almost impossible to get a referral to see a specialist , i am at the point where i need to tell him what i want , currently looking for new Doctor before something happens and i really need one , i do not trust him to have my best interests in mind .

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

Dr.Smith is a wonderful doctor in my opinion. I have been able to get appointments for myself and two children on short notice. I think it's fantastic that he sets aside walk in times for his patients. I have always left his office feeling well cared for. He is often running behind, however, I don't mind waiting a little longer, he often squeezes me in and I am sure he does it for others as well. When the office first opened up it was impossible to get a hold of anyone on the phone. I would call for two days straight to get through but it seems to be much better now.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr Smith is awesome, he knows his stuff is straight to he point. There is no nonsenese wth this Doctor.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2012 | flag

Very caring and listens well. Tries hard to work with the patient.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2011 | flag

Moved to Ontario. Had no choice but take him on. Major migraine problem which affects work severely. Needed to be accommodated at work. Without doing a full physical, and without requesting my records from Edmonton, he used only information I verbally provided. I told him I couldn't remember all the medications that I had tried. Without having adequate information, he wrote a letter to my employer stating that "we are running out of options". The man tried nothing to help me, and has now affected my work situation causing me extra stress. I requested to be referred to a neurologist. This he did for me. Just 2 days ago, he phoned me to tell me X-rays showed I had a severe case of arthritis in my lower spine. Stated there was nothing I could do about it. I had to go on-line to get the information that he should have provided. It is difficult to ask the right questions when you don't know anything about the ailment.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

Nice at the beginning but then after a while turns against you and insinuates that you have mental problems. Getting him to refer you to a real specialist or get tests done is impossible. A doctor in a local after-hour clinic was way better than him at identifying and helping me address issues.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr Smith is nice and polite and makes you feel very comfortable with him. I have seen him numerous times over the last two years and he always makes sure we test everything possible and does not leave room for mistakes. I appreciate a doctor who does not say it won't happen to you because you aren't in the "risk" catagory. He takes all concerns seriously. Yes I agree the wait times are very long and at times he does seem distracted but I think this is understandable given his patient load.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of his for nearly 2 years. I haven't had to go very many times to see him but the times I have, I would say he is a kind and caring doctor. I can't say I like waiting an hour and half for my appointment, or being treated as unimportant by his phone staff though. Overall, I am happy to have a family doctor for myself and my children and I would reccommend his services to my friends and family without thinking twice.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2010 | flag

Seems like a nice man but it is hard to get in to see him but that is what happends when you have alot of patience and our town is short on doctors

Submitted Oct. 27, 2010 | flag

I have had a few visits with this doc both for myself and my children. Was very polite and courteous with my children and went above an beyond for myself in speaking with me on the phone, fitting me in immediately and staying after hours to see me for an urgent matter.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2010 | flag