Rate Dr. Leah Wittenberg

Dr. Leah Wittenberg's Ratings

This clinic is very busy and Dr. Wittenberg is definitely busy as well. I do find her talks at a very fast speed but clear. She's very thorough and friendly with big smile, very knowledgable and willing to listen to my concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Expect to wait, it's like the emergency room down there. Dr. Wittenberg is a busy busy doctor. I think she does care, but she needs to see so many people. Can't imagine how many hours she must work every week. Just be assertive to get the answers you need, don't expect her to give you loads of time, she has an emergency room to attend to...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I have been to see her a couple times for a treatment then follow-up. My appointments were early in the morning but my average wait was still around an hour and half.
While she does seem to know her stuff, she comes off as very arrogant and has no sense of patient care. She treats her patients like a production line, getting people in and out as fast as possible, shrugging off serious questions like they're irrelevant and a waste of her time. She speaks a mile-a-minute, saying stuff while examining you like "That's funky! Are you a worrier?" so you don't have time to fully process the information and will just go with what she says.
The final straw for me was, in the follow-up appointment after the treatment involving shining a laser in my eye, she asked if I was seeing flashes and spots. I responded no but since the treatment I have times where my eye is actually quite sore. Her response to this was (this is word-for-word): "I don't care about that. Should I care about that?", then she threw me a bottle of eye drops and tore off to the next patient!
I will NEVER go back there! Will do my best to make sure no one I know will go there! And am seriously considering filing a formal complaint!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I have had a number of eye problems that Dr. Wittenberg has helped me with, that required a large number of visits. I live far away (about 10 hours travel time including a ferry ride). She has always been a pleasure to accommodate this in her appointments. She has always been extremely helpful and caring. If I could switch to someone closer, I don't think I would, it is worth it to see her! I trust her totally, hard as it is when its as valuable as your eyesight! I am a big fan of Dr. Wittenberg. I laughed when I read other reports that she talks fast. Because she does. But its not that she's rushing you or anything. I expect she talks that way outside the office too! I REALLY like her! Thanks for everything, Dr. W.!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2346045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr. Wittenberg is wonderful. I was referred to her for a detached retina. She saw me in the office on a Saturday morning and sent me to the hospital for immediate surgery to repair it. She saw me in the office on Sunday for followup. She put me at ease right away and explained how she was going to fix my problem, what the risks were and what I could expect as I recovered. She is very personable, has a great sense of humour and knows her stuff. My whole experience with her was a positive one. She does speak very quickly, so listen carefully. She took time to answer all my questions and concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][352333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2013

She is amazing, but most people already know this. I have come to realize that most of the negative responses of her mention quick speech. I'm sorry for all who think she speaks too quickly, but that just means your brain can't process her words quickly enough! That's all there is to it, your brain is slow if you can't understand quickly spoken sentences, don't insult her if that's the only thing you're going to say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][352332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

Dr leah is very positive and good doctor im happy to have her as my doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][352331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Wittenberg. I had an incedent with my eyes and could not read anything. My doctor arranged for an emergency appointment. Within 3 days I saw Dr Wittenberg, she was amazing very clear on what was going to happen and that she would arrange the surgery asap. She has preformed surgery on both my eyes now and I have had follow up visits. I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][352330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

Exceptional Doctor. I found her to be very thorough & explained clrarly what I needed to do for my problem after cataract surgery. (Performed by another Doctor)The office even phoned me for a follow up visit. Wow! Would recommend this office without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][352329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

Over kill on the eye drops. The assistant put two different types of dilating drops and also drops to freeze eye. The doctor used dilating drops again when I saw her. My eyes stayed dilated from early morning throughout the whole day long and are still dilated. I felt nauseous after first three sets of drops. It was over kill. Dr Wittenberg seemed friendly but too rushed. I felt she sees patients as objects on a conveyer belt. At the end when she made notes in her recorder she rattled it off faster than an auctioneer. I understood it but she rushed through it so fast that it felt like your an object and she is rushing on to the next object. I feel she is insensitive and arrogant. I would never go to Dr Wittenberg again. You could tell that she has practiced going extremely fast when she makes notes into her recorder. No one can possibly rattle it off that fast without rehearsing extreme speed of speech. I think that tells me how much she cares about patients as human beings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][352334].votes_count ]]