Dr. Mark T. Kan

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 25 reviews. Dr. Mark T. Kan has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does he try other procedures besides IVF?    Email me    Answer it

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5314125
28/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kan is an expert in fertility options and procedures. He was also recommended by one of the top OBGYN's in CA. In 6 months due to his plan and process, I was pregnant by successful IVF. The office is very warm, clean and welcoming. Staff is very professional, knowledgeable and friendly--with particular appreciation to April, Danielle, and Michelle. I would recommend Dr. Kan to anyone who needs consultation about pregnancy in general, but especially if you are having challenges in conception--including due to any medical complexities. Thank you so much, Dr. Kan and office staff!!!
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark T."
RID: 2914676
16/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kan's office and staff were amazing through our journey to getting pregnant. They were all warm and welcoming, and I never waited longer than 5 minutes. The staff always took the time to explain medical jargon and put our minds at ease. We would not be expecting our little one in April without the help and guidance of Dr. Kan.  Respond
RID: 2606661
03/04/13 5 5 5 5 Not only does Dr. Kan have an excellent background in research, his success rates are Exceptionally high! Dr. Kan really has a passion for what he does, and it shines through with his work and his choice in staff in Newport Beach. My husband and I were very impressed all around. Very professional and genuine service. I would definitely use their services again. We conceived our first with Dr. Kan.  Respond
RID: 2556084
10/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Kan and his staff are great, we couldn't have asked for a smoother experience. He was very kind, knowledgeable and willing to listen to all our concerns before helping us make the best choices for us. His staff is very friendly and patient. They are always on time for appointments, never had to wait long (if at all), and were flexible with appointment times. In addition, they were quick to return calls. We were sad when we had to transition to my regular ob/gyn since we had such a great experience here. Thank you Dr Kan and staff!
RID: 2409288
24/08/12 4 5 5 5 Wonderful and amazing dr! Very blessed to have our second baby on the way due to dr kans brilliant ness  Respond
RID: 2383605
24/07/12 4 5 5 5 We enjoyed working with Dr. Kan, we found him to be very knowledgeable, friendly and concerned about us and our success in becoming pregnant. Our situation was a little different in that we used a surrogate but he treated all of us with equal respect and worked with us as a team. We are very grateful for his help! We would highly recommend Dr. Kan!
RID: 2328462
06/07/12 5 5 5 5 this doctor is great, he is very detail oriented, I had excellent experience.
RID: 2228523
10/06/12 5 5 5 5 Wonderful! Dr. Kan and his staff are amazing. They helped us through a challenging time in our lives by being incredibly professional, knowledable and kind. Thanks to him we have a beautiful child and another one on the way. They are the best!
RID: 2214492
07/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kan and his staff are amazing. This is my second time going through a fresh cycle of invitro and it was so different with Dr. Kan. He was so understanding and helpful. I never felt rushed. Both Danielle and April (nurses) were super nice as well. Front girl Michelle was very sweet. Overall i had a great experience.
RID: 2146033
17/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kan & his staff are wonderful. He has helped us with getting pregnant with our first beautiful daughter, and another one on the way! We couldn't be happier with the amazing care & overall services. Thank you!!!
RID: 1785472
23/03/12 5 5 5 5 My husband and I are currently starting our 2nd round of IVF with Dr. Kan. From the beginning, I have felt comfortable with Dr.Kan. During the initial consultation, he took the time to listen to both of us and my issues with endometriosis. He came up with some ideas and then he examined me. Now I will warn you that once you are on the table, you will be charged for the ultrasound they do. Duh! Either way, I've had nothing but great service and personal calls from the office staff. They are flexible to work with and very informative. Many friends of mine leave their current doctors if the 1st round doesn't work. I chose not to do that. I still believe that Dr.Kan is going to help us achieve our goal of having a baby.
RID: 1680658
08/01/12 4 5 5 5 Always punctual and didnt give up on me! Would definitely recommend him to family and friends.  Respond
RID: 1675878
04/01/12 4 5 5 5 If you are considering consulting with a Reproductive Endocrinologist for infertility issues, please look no further. Dr. Kan is a wonderful doctor that is very knowledgeable and skilled. If you are able to become pregnant, Dr. Kan can help you. He is also very pragmatic in his approach to determining the specific issue you may have, and he wastes no time in getting his patients started on the journey. His office is in a great location and is very accomodating with scheduling and has very easy parking. My husband and I highly recommend Dr. Kan. Good Luck!
RID: 1627465
08/11/11 5 5 5 5 Amazing...professional, confidential and caring! The staff was wonderful and Dr. Kan always took his time explaining every detail.  Respond
RID: 1533666
09/09/11 5 5 5 5 Exceptional experience!! Always on time, took the time to answer questions, quick response time, easy appointments (never had to wait more than 5 minutes)! Loved that we always saw Dr. Kan .. not a NP/PA or an ultrasound tech, always him. We will be forever grateful!!
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente
RID: 1527944
01/09/11 5 5 5 5 I wouldn't recommend anyone else. Dr. Kan has always been there for me and my family.
RID: 1523245
26/08/11 5 5 5 5 We really liked and highly recommend Dr. Kan. Both he and his staff were always available and friendly. We chose Dr. Kan over a few other Dr’s that we met, because he seemed knowledgeable, had a great background and training and was willing to spend the time with us to discuss our options. We saw Dr. Kan for 2 years. During that time, he performed a few surgeries on me to correct issues that would have prevented me from becoming pregnant. These surgeries went smoothly and recovery was quick. We went through quite a few IVF cycles, where I did get pregnant a few times, but as I knew before we went into this, at my age, my old eggs were an issue. At each juncture, we discussed next steps and what would make sense for us to have a viable pregnancy. We are currently pregnant with twins and are extremely excited.  Respond
RID: 1521480
24/08/11 5 5 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Kan. He is an amazing professional doctor with the right balance of optimism and realism. With 5 failed IVF attempts with another office whose answer was to "just try again" Dr Kan spent the time reviewing my history and tailoring treatment to my specific issues. You definitely feel special and taken care of in his office. Twin 5 year old boys and another boy on the way are all due to his expertise. I can't say enough about Dr. Kan or thank him enough for my family.  Respond
RID: 1496638
26/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kan is a very caring and pragmatic doctor. He won't push for any unnecessary procedures or work done. I usually don't have to wait to be seen by Dr. Kan, which is great. Dr. Kan also helped me achieve a viable pregnancy.
Paid (or co-pay): $5000
RID: 1496411
26/07/11 5 5 5 5 I have been dealing with infertility for 5 years and have used 2 other fertility specialist. It wasn't until I went to Dr. Kan that I really felt like my situation mattered and that he was going to do all that he could to make mine and my husbands dream come true. We did 2 rounds of IVF and the first one was not successful but the way that Dr. Kan handled it was so special to me. He personally makes his phone calls to check up on you and really makes the efforts to show that you matter. We have been fortunate to of had our second IVF work and we are now pregnant with Twins!Dr. Kan and his staff have been wonderful all along the way. I have never had this type of experience in a Dr.'s office and I can sincerely say that he is the best all around from knowledge to bedside manner. His staff is just as fabulous! If you want special attention and a calm environment during a stressful time you really cannot go anywhere else.
RID: 1461281
09/06/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor who I highly recommend to anyone. Wonderful experience the entire way through!  Respond
RID: 1461069
09/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kan and his fellowship at the prestigious Cornell IVF program at Cornell University in New York had impressed me from the start. His brilliance, professionalism, warmth and intuitive knowledge has proven unmatched. I am in my forties and in just four months I became pregnant! I am now 10 weeks pregnant with a healthy pregnancy and will use Dr. Kan again for my second baby. His staff was always considerate and caring and I never waited more than 5 minutes for any of my appointments. I can't express the unwavering confidence I feel about Dr. Kan. I recommend him highly. Five Stars All The Way! Brilliant Doctor.
RID: 1259170
26/09/10 5 5 5 5 I had the best experience with Doctor Kan. I found him to be very knowledgeable, helpful and willing to try procedures before giving up. Thanks to Doctor Kan, I have beautiful twin daughters born in 2008 via donor egg. I had two embryos implanted and found myself pregnant with twins. I am very happy.  Respond
RID: 1201041
03/07/10 5 5 5 5 I have a very positive experience with Dr, Kan and his staff. They are very considerate and knowledeable. The doctor spends his time with me and answered my questions with details. He always returns my call and make me feel hopeful and at ease. Everytime I have an appointment, I leave the clinic happily and in good mood. This is exactly what I need in my fertitlity doctor. I have terrible experience with another doctor. But Dr. Kan is wonderful, I am glad I found him.
RID: 1163180
05/05/10 3 3 1 1 BEWARE of this place!!!! They are completely the worst people to deal with! Doctor and staff don't even want to deal with your questions and always give short answers and make you repeat yourself over and over again to get one little answer. DOCTOR EVEN SAID HE DOESNT KNOW WHY HIS TREATMENT DID NOT WORK AND DIDNT GIVE ME ANY ANSWER! They trick you into taking blood tests and at the end tell you you have to pay over $500 because it was never included in part of your treatment you already spend over $1000 on! They are nice only if you have extra cash to throw away! After doing expensive tests like laporoscopy and IUI treatments and HSG once the doctor hands you over to your OB they dont even want to deal with you and refuse to answer any questions not even if you have an emergency happen!!! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO THIS PLACE!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $3000