You may also like

Rate Dr. Jason P. Garcia

Dr. Jason P. Garcia's Ratings

I went to this doctor in may 2014 for a foot pain. He didn't perform any x ray but diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis. Was very eager to sell me orthotics from his office when I told him that i can't use them because of pain as I tried before. July went vacation in Europe and pain was severe affecting now my hip. Took an x ray in Europe and showed that to dr garcia who said is only some bone spurt on your heel and that's why plantar fasciitis is hurting more. Recommended physical therapy and orthotics which again I couldn't use due to pain. ( note that until now dr garcia never ordered any x rays or any other studies, just x ray that i brought from Europe )the tim we on november that my pain effected my walking badly and I decided to get a second opinion. Went to doctor berkman who said that has been a long time in pain and should have x ray and after that mri to find out I had a tumor at the heel of my foot that should be removed immediately. De garcia never listened to me or follow procedural of orders. To me he is a failure........

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

Dr. Garcia (along with his partner Dr. Rizio), were both able to successfully re-attach & repair my torn biceps after another emergency room doctor at Hackensack Medical Center was unable to. I'm glad I did my research online first as I discovered Dr. Garcia specializes in tendinopathy so I knew I found the right doctor. Just wish I would have found him first so I wouldn't have had to endure two surgeries for the same injury.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I went to Dr. Jason Garcia of Advanced Orthopedic & Joint Replacement Center (now part of Summit Medical Group) in 2014 with an acute knee injury incurred while doing sports. Dr. Garcia spent a great deal of time with me on my initial visit (more than any other doctor ever has) to explain normal knee function and likely causes of my limited ROM (with diagrams and a model of the joint). He is competent, smart, patient, funny, and has a great "bedside manner." After avoiding going to see an orthopedic doctor for years (minor chronic injuries preceded the major acute injury), I was glad to find him. He did arthroscopic surgery to restore normal knee function (based on the nature of my injury, surgery was my best option to do so). The only complaint I have is that he gave me verbal instructions post-op (while I was recovering from anesthesia) that were somewhat different than the printed instructions provided by the nurses (general knee arthroscopy recovery instructions), which led to minor confusion for me for few days after the surgery. I think this is only partly his fault - it's more on me (I normally take notes but for surgery all my belongings were put into a locker, and didn't have anyone with me while speaking with him) and the surgical center (the nurses' employer). But I cleared up this minor question in my follow-up visit with him and it didn't impact my recovery; I only included this detail because it may benefit someone and it provides for a balanced review. In my follow-up visits, he continues to be patient and helpful. His office staff is friendly and helpful. Now that he is part of SMG, after appointments, they send a follow-up email allowing you to ask questions - which I find particularly helpful (because even though I show up with a list of written questions, I inevitably forget something). The bottom line is this: I highly recommend Dr. Garcia; he's the best doctor I've ever had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

In February (2014), while playing Rugby in college, I was tackled by a player from the opposing team. My left leg was grounded because of the cleats and the tackle caused major tears in my knee (Meniscus, ACL & MCL). My mom called office after office trying to get an appointment for me but all of the Orthopedic doctors were booked way into the future. My mom called Dr. Garcia's office and even though he was beyond busy, he still took the time to see me. He was friendly, he smiled, he was humorous, and he spoke with a voice of concern. He didn't rush through my appointment that had been fitted into his already busy day, had x-rays taken and was able to tell my mom and me that an operation was absolutely necessary. Because I am a student, and had already missed a week of school, the operation was scheduled during my Spring/Easter break. In preparation for the operation and while walking around campus first with crutches and then a large brace, I had therapy 3x a week per Dr. Garcia. He and my therapist were fantastic and both were there for me during the whole ordeal. After the operation, I was not allowed to just lie around because four days later I was back in therapy here at home and then had appointments set up for me near my school campus. I saw Dr. Garcia twice after the operation and have one more visit in a couple of weeks because he will not release me for sports again until he's absolutely sure I'm as close to 100% as possible. I feel great and I am exercising but am grateful for Dr. Garcia and his care. I am also pleased with his office staff who showed my mom, dad and me nothing but kindness. I am hoping to never go through this kind of thing again but should it be necessary, I will not think twice about calling Dr. Garcia.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

In December of 2013 I had a bad fall on the ice. I always did heal, but not this time. It was determined that I had a massive rotator cuff tear, all of it. I chose to have my surgery done by Dr. Jason Garcia of the Advanced Orthopedic and Joint Repair Center. They are in West Orange NJ. Great results, minimal discomfort after 36 hours asprin was enough. Dr. Garcia is a great surgeon, even the physical therapist was amazed at the result of the surgery that helped regain full motion after only 3 months. I highly recommend Dr. Garcia.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Dr. Garcia operated on my broken wrist to put a metal plate in it. Dr. Garcia explained everything about the surgery and therapy. My wrist is better than new! I would recommend Dr. Garcia to everyone, he is a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Dr Garcia has a great bedside manner and his knowledge and way of explaining things is very calming and confidence building. I would recommend his services to anyone. I had great results for his treatment of my knee.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2014

I needed my right knee meniscus tear fixed, Dr Garcia did not just recommend surgery he first tried therapy then a cortisone shot which got me through golf season and finally the arthoscopic knee surgery. I was up and walking in one day and now two days later I have over 90degree bend in my knee and feel amazing. His office and staff are nothing less then amazing. I highly recommend Dr Garcia and his practice. Steve

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Jason Garcia of Advanced Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Center, West Orange, NJ for over 3 years now and so very pleased at the choice I made to utilize his services! There are so many positive remarks I can say about this fantastic doctor and his impeccably professional, helpful and friendly staff. He performed 4 successful surgeries that have helped me tremendously!!! Thinking of one descriptive word that best describes a doctor with the best “bed-side” manner and A+ quality of work: P = PLEASINGLY PLEASANT E = EXTRAORDINARY R = RELIABLE F = FRIENDLY E = EXCELLENT C = COURTEOUS T = THOROUGH So, overall, when you are looking for an Orthopaedic Surgeon who brings positive results that last, look no further call Jason Garcia for guaranteed results………

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

Outstanding Doctor in my eyes. Great staff supporting him also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353126].votes_count ]]