Rate Dr. Salim Lalani

Dr. Salim Lalani's Ratings

Awesome doc Had an emergency c-sec and I couldn't have felt better with any other doctor.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

I went in to get a cyst drained and had the worst experience of my life. He rushed me into it and seemed to highly favour 1 of 2 possibilities for treatment and did not explain the other in any detail at all. I found him to be UNHYGIENIC by not wearing gloves when prepping his instruments and catheter which would be inserted in me. During the procedure he rushed it, did not explain or inform me when the injections or cuts were happening, DID NOT FREEZE ME PROPERLY! Felt everything and ignored me during my screams and cries stating I was uncomfortable and not frozen properly. Yes he is a kind talker, but very poor for patient comfort or education. Needless to say, it was all a nightmare.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

I highly recommend seeking a referral to this doctor. I had to wait over 6 months to get my tubal ligation but it was well worth the wait. He has excellent bed side manner, is very knowledgeable, and did an amazing surgery. I was in for surgery on Friday and back to work on Monday with very little pain. He also made sure he left me with very little scarring from the surgery. Excellent doctor!

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

I recently had a ovarian cyst removed via laparoscopy by Dr. Lalani. I have never met a more caring and considerate doctor. Although my surgery was somewhat difficult because of my fibroids he reassured me that he would do everything he could not to have to perform open surgery and he stuck to his word. He made me feel very comfortable with a visit before and after my surgery. Thank you Dr. Lanlani! Wish there were more like you around :) God Bless

Submitted Sept. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lalani is the kindest doctor I have ever had. I never worry after I speak with him...he's very honest and intelligent. He performed a myomectomy on me last year. I didn't want to have the surgery because I was just ignorant to all of the detail, afraid and in so much pain. Dr. Lalani educated me and the advice he gave me about my condition was completely true. That's very hard to say about many doctors. He is professional in every way and better than any woman OBGYN on any day. So, if you're wanting an excellent doctor, but are afraid of having a male OBGYN, don't deny yourself the absolute best healthcare because of that. Do what you have to do to go to Dr. Lalani...I would do it again in a heartbeat!! Heidi.

Submitted March 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lalani appears well-educated and informed, however he was reluctant to share that information with me unless I pestered him with questions. He is quick to recommend surgery without offering much explanation as to why there are no other options. The procedure he recommends keep escalating, again, without much explanation other than it *may* prevent other surgeries in the future. He comes across as arrogant and I often feel as if he is trying to railroad me into making decisions that I'm not comfortable with. The information he presents often conflicts with other things he's said, yet when I try to confirm what he's saying so I can understand it, he reacts as if I'm being difficult and am taking up his valuable time. I'm currently looking for another OBGYN. :(

Submitted March 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lalani is a gifted and compassionate doctor. I am and older woman with abnormal bleeding and he took the time to listen to me, get to know me as a person. Before performing a endometiral biopsy on me. He also performed a follow-up D and C. he came and sat in Pre-Op with me and his actions provided a very calming influence to my anxiety. The surgery was absolutely painless. He is the best gynocoligist I have ever had experience with. He is an awesome individual and an excellent physician. My daughter also goes to Dr. Lalani and had had some difficult and painful experiences with outher gynecologists in the past. Dr. Lalani showed the same caring and compassionate consideration with her and took extraordinary measures to ensure that her examination was a pain free and anxiety free as possible.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2012 | flag

He does brush off educational opportunities and did not seem helpful at all in identifying the reasoning behind my symptoms. His bedside manner leaves something to be desired as he is sarcastic at an inappropriate time (i.e. after not tolerating the pain of a procedure well, he stated with an insincere pat on the shoulder: " You could look forward to childbirth.") The comment was not appreciated as I am not at his office to prove my pain tolerance.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2012 | flag

Love Dr. Lalani! He always takes the time to talk to me not only about medical issues, but asks questions about my personal life as well. So easy to talk to. He's not the most punctual doctor, but I think it's because he spends so much time with his patients making sure to answer all their questions.I have had a number of gynecological issues over the past few years and I have felt entirely safe in Dr. Lalani's hands. I believe he is truly concerned about every one of his patients and it shows. The entire practice is a class act. Clearly, I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Lalani and everyone at Affinity Womens Health.I highly recommend him!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2012 | flag

First of all, it's nearly impossible to get in contact with any of his staff, though they are polite. He was extremely late to my appointment where he barely listened to my symptoms, seemed extremely uncaring and disinterested. He asked me to make a follow-up appointment instead of just doing the procedure I was scheduled for. I'm sure all the positive reviews are honest, and I'm sure he's great at delivering babies, but outside of that I wouldn't recommend him, and I don't plan on seeing him again.

Submitted April 3, 2012 | flag