Rate Dr. Christopher Man

Dr. Christopher Man's Ratings

I am so grateful that I found Dr. Man. He has done an exceptional job that enables me to breath and sleep much better now after years of having problem breathing because of a deviated septum. He is very capable, extremely experienced and conscientious.
In the past I have been through a few operations but have never seen a doctor who would care enough to instruct me how to prepare myself in order to ensure a successful operation and fast recovery - but Dr. Man did! He gave me a hand out which spells out what foods and medicines I should take or avoid before and after the operation.
I was able to get back to near normal activity only after 2 days of the operation.
An added bonus is his secretaries who are always smile, friendly and courteous.
Again thanks so much Dr. Man for giving me back my breathing life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2746781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Waited 90 minutes only to be completely dismissed and misdiagnosed. Don't even bother. He is disrespectful and dismissive, and clearly doesn't value your time. Definitely won't be seeing him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

I just have a surgery with this "technician" - and only today think I should check his review. I regret didn't check this site earlier.
My sinuitis is fairly mild and just referred by my family doctor. First visit only last for less than 30 sec, and he immediately send to CT scan.
Second visit within first 15 seconds he told me that my sinus is blocked and I have have surgery. I tried to ask what is the problem, he simply point to a nose model on his table - there, then immediately rush me out for schedule. Since it was happening so fast, I get the impression that it is just a trivial procedure, and did not give too much thought about it.
The next half hour I was wait to arrange the surgery schedule, another 2 patient was instructed to make arrangement for surgery too. I did not give any thought about it that time.
Staff- the clerk seems always emphasis "no cancel" for many times. Somehow she is only worry about surgery get cancelled.
After the surgery, I realized it is not a minor procedure. Nothing has been explained to me what will happen to me after surgery - all left for me to discover myself. Sinus is the area that is difficult for recovery. The next few follow up visit, I try to ask some questions and the Dr always brush them aside, blame my house to dry, the discomfort around the eye was not related to surgery and so on - utterly unprofessional and out right lied on the side effort of common muscle discomfort around the eye due to this type of surgery. Bad bad doctor.
I noticed the strike contrast between some recent all 5 comments vs older all 1 comments. The all 5 comments looks like quick copy and paste stuffs.
My conclusion is this doctor family is only for the money - sooner or later, they will get big trouble soon.
Few other things I noticed - he washes all equipment and device with his bare hand and tap water. Some equipment is than put into a septic tank(?) and then reused later. Someone has more knowledge on clinical practice should comment on this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2708854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

My son went through a standard hearing test at school. The results came back that he would need retesting upon their next visit. Being a concerned Mom, we got a referral to Dr. C. Man through our family doctor. On our appointment day, as soon as Dr. Man calls in my 5 yr. old son is says, "What is this pediatric day?" As the patient right before us was a little girl. Dr. Man did not even introduce himself. Dr. Man is very insensitive to children's needs. He did not explain what he would be doing to my son and then got upset when my son started crying and wouldn't cooperate. Obviously my son was scared and unsure of what was going to happen to him. Upon testing, I asked Dr. Man what his testing showed, all he said was "very bad, very bad" I asked him to elaborate and he said again, "very bad, come back in 3 months." Now if that doesn't make a mother feel more anxious and upset, I don't know what will. Sorry to report Dr. Man, I will not be bringing my son back to you. You are extremely RUDE and show no empathy to young children. I made a phone call to VCH and inquired about my son's testing and the nurse advised that if it was really serious they would of called us in immediately. So now we will wait for the revisit through the school. With all this being said, I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND Dr. Man to any future patients especially young children!!! I also advised our family doctor of this extremely rude doctor and to make no more referrals to him. I also had to call Dr. Man's office to confirm my appointment as I hadn't heard from them, isn't that their job to call me??? I hope this helps any person who reads this comment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2690862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Dr. Man is thorough, informative, and funny. What more do I want?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Dr. Christopher Man is an amazing doctor that changed my dad's life. My dad used to snore all the time and had trouble breathing due to severe nasal blockage. After surgery with Dr. Man, my dad can breathe much better and is now enjoying his day to day activities much more than before.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

Dr. Man is a very knowledgeable doctor. He has been helping me for a while. Without his help, my ears would likely have less than 10% hearing power. Thank you Dr. Man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2346125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

My mom has been visiting Dr. Man for many years. She said Dr. Man is professional and very kind to the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2346124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Had my surgery done by Dr. Man in January. My surgery went perfect and I can breathe much better now. I highly recommend him. He also checked my 4 year olds ears and pulled out some wax during my 6 week follow up appointment. Very pleasureable experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Extremely rude, temperamental and unprofessional. Avoid at all cost. Insensitive to children's feeling.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353775].votes_count ]]