Rate Dr. Paul K. Ky

Dr. Paul K. Ky's Ratings

His entire staff plus Dr. Ky were AWESOME - should have seen him sooner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I was sent to this doc by my do, I walked in and felt like I walked into the circus.The place was busy and that's great but when they finally started to see me the nurse didn't introduce herself. She then asked me if I looked the doc up online. When I told her no she went on to tell me how great he is as she pointed at a wall with awards and credentials and how he went to John Hopkins and I think that is great for him.I just felt like she was trying to sell his care to me like a car salesman. I finally made it to a exam room were his staff entered some of my info in computer mind you the exam room door was open the whole time they entered my info and that exam room is right off the waiting room. The staff member checked his text message while collecting my info not to professional if you ask me. He left the room telling me the doc would be in shortly. As I sat there waiting with the door open I was able to listen to office staff discuss patients records as well as the doc discussing a patients diagnosis to someone on the other end of the phone.That is fine until the patients first and last name and diagnosis is said out load at front desk with a full waiting room.I worked in healthcare for seven years and last I checked that is against HIPPA patient privacy act. I was then brought my co pay amount due of $150 due then no payments. I personally felt this office was very unprofessional that is my opinion .This doc may be great at what he does but do your homework . I just wasn't feeling it.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2581828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I am very thankful for being referred to Dr. Ky. He is a great doctor with an endless amount of experience in his field. I am particularly grateful for the Kyphoplasty procedure he performed on 6 (six) of my vertebrae. The procedure was a little weird to me at first, but I soon realized that it worked. It relieved a significant amount of pain on my back in areas that had hurt me for years. I wish that insurance was able to pay for his enspire procedure on my lower back to make it feel better also.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2576184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Made me wait a month for an appointment then after I paid my $65 copay and waited 5 hrs he spent 5 min with me and then said he wouldn't take me as a patient because he didn't like the Dr. I used to go to and that this Dr. probably treated me wrong and messed me up. Dr. Ky is judgemental, full of himself, and obviously doesn't follow the Hippocratic oath.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2573164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Unprofessional staff, extremely rude and kept losing referral. Asked before made appt. If would take me as patient with specific med condition so wouldn't waste time and money, they said yes. After waiting 6 hrs., Dr Ky is unprofessional, egotistical, and trash talked every single pain mgt Dr. In Fresno. Only spent 10 min with me bc he said was behind and didn't have any more time for me or my questions. Talked over me and cut me off, then at end after taking my copay he says he won't help me because he doesn't deal with my problems and to find another Dr. Staff refused to refund copay and rudely told me to get out of their office. Never been treated so horribly in my life.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2555933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Worst ever. A patient cannot even be seen by his office due to association with another MD. .Discriminating office. Patient bill of rights state that if facility doesn't want to treat you, they must give you advice on other facilities etc., who may help you. Office staff states, " we cannot see you here if you were a prior Dr. ..... patient. " Its not the patients fault prior Dr. had issues. How unprofessional. That does not equal a compassionate doctor, sorry. His PA is great and caring. Very disappointed about the discriminating behavior of staff and Dr Ky. Don't bother, If he doesn't like your primary, he will kick you out of pain program without notice. Felt like I was in High School with the immature attitudes,

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2528072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I must sing the praises of Dr. Ky and his team. This time last year I was confined to my bed due to lumber pain. In a matter of only 6 months, Dr. Ky has me walking and bending better than I have in the last 5 years. I definitely recommend Dr. Ky to anyone suffering with back pain. I really look forward to my visits with him because I know that when I leave his office, my pain is greatly reduced. ONLY ONE MORE PROCEDURE AND I WILL BE GOOD FOR A YEAR !! Thank you so much Dr. Ky. Wish I had found you a long time ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

What has Dr Ky done for me? He has worked on my back for over a year. I could not walk more than 10 steps without my legs and back going numb and felt I was headed for a wheelchair. Dr Ky listened to all I had to say and has proceeded to repair three herniated discs and is scheduled to implant a Boston Scientific electric stimulator on my S1 badly injured disc in Jan. My pain level after all the surgeries has reduced at least 80% with NO additional nerve damage. He is a compassionate, very competent and truthful doctor who takes the time to "do it right" I could not recommend a doctor more. He also has employed a very kind and helpful staff. P Knotts

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2013

I had a procedure called a Percutaneous Discectomy done on 2 bulging discs in my lower back. The procedure was quick and It only required a few small needle size marks on my back. My recovery time was only a couple of days. Ever since the procedure I haven't had anymore lower back pain. I'm am very thankful for Dr. Ky, I had been to other doctors who just gave me pain medicine and would tell me that it's was just my sciatic nerve acting up. Dr. Ky even personally called me the next day to checkup on me! I would definitely recommend him to anyone with chronic pain issues!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2013

The staff is very respectful at all times and concerned for my well being and Dr. Paul Ky is very concerned about my pain and asks me how I am feeling and where is my pain and gives me amazing advice to help keep the pain from being intense and takes my worries and pain away and I am very happy I met this Doctor and never want to lose him and I wish I had met him sooner I tell all my family, friends and even people at stores and party's about him because he is awesome at what he can do to take away your pain without surgery and a lot of pills, he knows what he is doing. Patricia Henson

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353867].votes_count ]]