Rate Dr. Michael Curley

Dr. Michael Curley's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Curley for a few months now. He is an exceptional Dr I must say. Very personable, takes the time to listen and is proactive. I have a complicated mess of medical issues and I feel very comfortable and confident under his care. His staff are also just as great. Always so friendly and polite. I would recommend him and his office in a heart beat.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2013 | flag

My experience with Dr Curley is: moving into hospital for 3 weeks after following him for 5 months because of wrong medication, and almost got my colon cut off. I am not very satisfied about each discussion about my disease. His knowledge seems not too much more than my readings. And where he is now? He said transferring me to other doctor but left me no further contact. 5 months passed now that I have not seen a doctor. His Secretary? never willing to talk to me and doesn't even want to remind patients for an appointment that is 3 month away. She said I would do that if I got paid for that. I am desperate to see people saying no other doctors are better than Dr Curley. What a fortune for our Crohn disease victims!

Submitted June 23, 2012 | flag

Amazing doctor who really knows his stuff. Major loss to Halifax that he is moving. We need more doctors like Dr. Curley.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2012 | flag

I first met Dr. Curley on April 1st, 2010. After having been to 3 other specialists, I was apprehensive, to say the least! Dr. Curley is amazing! He listens he responds and finds cause for your ailment! In a week my symptoms had subsided and I've been symptom free ever since. I can't say enough about this Dr! I am sad that he will be leaving NS soon! :(

Submitted Nov. 29, 2011 | flag

Even if I had to wait for hours I would, as Dr. Curley has been the best doctor I have ever had and a real pleasure. He is very knowledgable, patient, and has lots of time for the you, as he treats you like a human being. Most specialiest spend limited time with you and then walk you out. Not so with Dr. Curley.I have recommended him to a number of people and they have all had the same experience. I just hope he does not get so busy that he will have to cut back on the time he spends with you. He has saved my life and I thank him very much. PS. Kathy his secretary is excellent

Submitted Sept. 8, 2011 | flag

Although Dr. Curley is young I felt very comforted by his lack of knowledge, his willingness to explain how the upper scope worked. I came into his office very nervous and left feeling calmed. Everthing went as he had explained. I found his testing to be very thorough and hence he was able to diagnose my problem. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2010 | flag

I am overwhelmed at how much a appreaciate Dr. Curley as my new GI doctor, even after only a few months in his care. Having a terrible experience with another (very arrogant) GI doctor, Dr. Curley is a breath of fresh air. He actually takes the time to listen to your symptoms and cares enough to go with what you are experiencing instead of implementing his own ideas and ignoring your experience like another doctor i will not name. The first meeting, I explained what was going on, he immediately ordered a test and found out what was wrong with it! This is after over 2 years suffering from pain, vomiting, nausea and diarrhea with no answer! He is polite, genuinely concerned, and helpful, and knows what he is doing. Best choice I made.

Submitted April 29, 2010 | flag

Dr. Curley is amazing. The whole office is fabulous. You feel much more like you are a person at the community based practice. Dr Curley made a point of listening to everything and he is funny to boot. I adore him and I feel like I really lucked out after having a previously bad experience with a gastro doctor. I look forward to going to my appointments and even during my procedures he made me laugh. Fabulous doctor who really takes the time to try and evaluate the situation to get a 3-d picture unlike many doctors who only look at the 2-d picture. His bedside manner is great as his knowledge. I also must say EXCELLENT staff! The secretary is fabulous at the spring garden practice. Very helpful and knowledgeable herself which is great to have! (you may have to wait a bit but my rating of 5 for punctuality is because in comparison with most doctors the wait time is minimal)

Submitted April 28, 2010 | flag