Dr. Michael Chow

Rate Dr. Michael Chow

Dr. Michael Chow's Ratings

Dr Chow is a great surgeon! He was extremely helpful and caring. I had been suffering from a herniated disc for over a year. I was to the point that I could barely walk without pain in both my legs. He explained my options but recommended sugery. I recently went through a microdiscectomy and immediately felt a difference after surgery. I can't thank him enough for helping me get my life back. I am on my way to recovery and all thanks to Dr.Chow and his team!!! Thank you!

Submitted Sept. 15, 2014 | flag

I cannot thank Dr.Chow enough for his help. I have been battling a herniated disc in my back for 7 years. I have seen many specialists, therapists, & other doctors with no or very limited success. After spending 2 months on bed rest I met Dr.Chow. He was very patient & kind. He answered all the questions my mother & myself had. He really listened to me about what had been going on with my back. When the surgery date came it was the same patients & kindness I had seen before. When I woke up after surgery I only had minor surgical pain. No pain in my leg, hip or lower back. I cannot express the relief I felt. Dr. Chow has given me my mobility back and that is something that I will always be thankful for. I am forever thankful to him & his staff.

Submitted July 3, 2014 | flag

Dr.chow could not make a diagnosis for me and would not refer me to someone in the USA who could. He offered no treatment options even though others do this surgery else where. I'm getting sicker every day and he refused to help me. You would think that if he couldn't fix me that he would give me options after all it is my head. I told him I'd rather die on the operating table than continue life like I have been rotting away everyday with something in my brain that shouldn't be there. Doctors are supposed to help you and give you options not tell you he can't help

Submitted June 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Chow was amazing. I was rushed in with a ruptured aneurism. Thanks to him and the caring staff at the U of A HOSPITAL, I was out of the hospital in 3.5 weeks with NO lasting effects. In the follow up, he sat and explained what happened, how it was repaired and compared it to the CT scan yesterday. He really set my mind at ease and would strongly recommend him.

Submitted April 30, 2014 | flag

I was diagnosed with a spinal tumor after I suddenly had difficulty walking. I'm only 42 years old. I am told that only 1 in a million people will ever develop one of these. Dr. Chow was caring, informative and very knowledgable. It was his first spinal tumor and was very specific with all the risks that surgery entailed. He did a fabulous job I still have some generalized weakness on my left side but that was suspected. He was great and I thank my lucky stars that I had him as my doctor or I might have ended up in a wheelchair.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chow and his team successfully removed an aneurism from my Mother's brain today. Great thanks to the Doctor, his staff and the UofA hospital.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2012 | flag

Dr. Chow preformed emergency brain abscess surgery on my husband. He made a full recovery. Thank you always.

Submitted July 30, 2012 | flag

I can not thank Dr. Chow and his team enough. I was suffering with an agonizing L5 herniated disc for months. Living in chronic pain was unbearable. I was referred to Dr. Chow. He was knowledgable, efficient, and personable. My initial surgery date (which ended up being 2 months earlier than his estimated date) was cancelled on the day of surgery and I was quickly rebooked for a week later. Right before surgery, Dr. Chow spoke with me and apologized for the cancellation, but reassured me that I would not be cancelled today. The surgery went off without a hitch...very successful. I am so grateful to Dr. Chow for dramatically improving my quality of life. I am on an efficient road to recovery and look forward to my follow-up visit in a few weeks. I feel truly blessed to have been placed under Dr. Chow's care.

Submitted June 3, 2010 | flag

Dr. Chow and his surgical team recently performed a procedure to implant a stent in my cerebral artery. He and the other team members were extremely professional, personable and knowledgeable. The procedure was a success from start to finish. My family and I are so grateful for all the great care and support we received from his team and the staff in the 4A4 ICU in The University of Alberta Hospital.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2009 | flag

Waited about an hour to see him but I really like him as a docter and he is very knowledgeable, supportive and caring.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2009 | flag